Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

I don't know where this belongs

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

I don't know where this belongs

Unread postby jb » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 pm

but it sure belongs somewhere. souns like he's back on speaking terms with Jack.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-johndaly-intoxicated&prov=ap&type=lgns
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: I don't know where this belongs

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 am

I know where he belongs and it's called rehab. The guy needs help and it's sad to see this again.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 am

Big John.... When I was living/working in Memphis we'd shoot across the state line about 5 miles to Olive Branch, Mississippi a few times a week to eat lunch. One of the places in our usual rotation was John Daly's. We would see him in there a couple times a month, and he would always have a drink in hand regardless of the time or day. He would also have his kids running around the place in diapers with no shoes, and sometimes he'd pick up his guitar and do what I'd loosely term an "accoustic set" for the lunch crowd. Knocking on Heaven's Door was his specialty, and when I say specialty I mean it was the only song he'd play that was recognizeable.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Long John is the man. Maybe he's happy being a drunk, rehab only works if you want to change.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:00 pm

The best way I could put it is, he was a simple dude. He'd walk to different tables, introduce himself and shoot the shit, but nothing too extraordinary. Not an overly impressive guy, just a regular schmoe.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby General » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 am

Nothing like walkin around in that "flannel fuzziness" of a good load. FORE!!!!!

:spanky:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:57 am

fundamentals wrote:I know where he belongs and it's called rehab. The guy needs help and it's sad to see this again.

No way. Big John is no quitter.

He's pretty much the living embodyment of the "Duke's of Hazzard" theme song lyrics of Waylan Jennings.

Besides, as long as HIS liver holds out, I feel pretty confident about giving my grandparants & parents lifespan longevity a run for their money. Freaking potato famine really culled the heard in a most Darwinian manner, and there's not many tea totallers from Mayo.

Channeling Peter Cetera, Big John is my inspiration.

Pesronally, I'm surprised there's not more Hooters in non-Cleveland Northeast Ohio. I don't dig it, but there is a demographic with a need not being met.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:05 am

Mr. Daly speaks out about what went on. The picture of him is downright scary.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/art ... 40,00.html
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry