Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Weekends

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Weekends

Unread postby mswerb » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 pm

We all love them, some more than others. What is it that you look forward to the most on your weekend?
Sleeping in?
Staying up late?
Drinking?
Whatever it is, lets hear what you have to say.

For me, it is having breakfast with the family and doing things as a whole without a schedule. Yardwork, washing the cars, and silly things around the house come to mind as well.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby General » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 am

I work Tuesday-Saturday so my weekend starts Sat Nite with "garage beers", my wife and I sitting in the garage chatting with the neighbor kids who stop by, a few beers, some music on the Bose and something grilled later on. Sunday is beach day, start in the sand at about noon...change and head to local bars on the beach and Hooters for some wings and meet friends, unless of course the Browns are playing then it is Hooters at 11:45 for the game. Monday is lunch with friends at Peg Leg Pete's Oyster bar , more sand time and then the dreaded countdown to the work day.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Golf, betting on college football, watching the browns and betting on nfl. Sleeping in is nice, but it wastes a perfect weekend. Usually when its Saturday night during football season I can't sleep anyways because im too excited for the browns game.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm

The thing I love most about the weekends is the lax of pressure of having to be accountable to somebody else, and their schedule.

Come the weekend I am no longer held hostage by my alarm clock.

My long term goal/dream is to make that an everyday occurrence not just on the weekends.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry