Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Trader Jacks

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Trader Jacks

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 am

I hit this place up yesterday, located in Eastlake off of Lakeshore down by the marina. (Just past Coopers Twist and Shake,for those of you who know the area) Not too bad, I scored the pulled pork sandwich. Loaded with sauce and "frizzled onions". I could have eaten the onions by themselves. Root Beer on tap to wash it down. Not a bad experience for those looking for a laid back bite to eat.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:05 am

Damn that sounds good.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby General » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 am

I can't believe Coopers is still there. I haven't been there since like 1971.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 am

General wrote:I can't believe Coopers is still there. I haven't been there since like 1971.

Love that place. When I was a little kid I'd head to Bruce Yee with the old man. It was a good night going up there and watching him play ball.

If he stopped at Cooper's on the way home it was a great night.

mswerb, this place is actually at the marina? What's across from Cooper's these days? Still the Chagrin Tavern or whatever it's called?
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:36 am

Peeker643 wrote:
General wrote:I can't believe Coopers is still there. I haven't been there since like 1971.

Love that place. When I was a little kid I'd head to Bruce Yee with the old man. It was a good night going up there and watching him play ball.

mswerb, this place is actually at the marina? What's across from Cooper's these days? Still the Chagrin Tavern or whatever it's called?

Same building. Different name. It has changed names about 5 times in 6 years since it was last The Tavern.

Been to Trader Jacks a few times, and never disappointed in the results. Solid double burger with pepperoni on my last visit.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 am

Pup wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Same building. Different name. It has changed names about 5 times in 6 years since it was last The Tavern.

Been to Trader Jacks a few times, and never disappointed in the results. Solid double burger with pepperoni on my last visit.

Pup, you watchin' your carbs? Usually you go with the triple burger, no?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Peeker643 wrote:

Trader Jacks is on the just past Coopers, if you go straight instead of veering left on Lakeshore, it is straight ahead. I do believe it is part of the marina.
What used to be the Chagrin Tavern is still there. I am not sure of the name. I have a friend who got food poisoning there. Needless to say I have not been there.

Coopers is a neighborhood hot spot. I remember riding our bikes on the trails ny the Soccer fields under the power lines and hitting them up for a Crunch Cone. AHH, the memories.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:54 am

mswerb wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Trader Jacks is on the just past Coopers, if you go straight instead of veering left on Lakeshore, it is straight ahead. I do believe it is part of the marina.
What used to be the Chagrin Tavern is still there. I am not sure of the name. I have a friend who got food poisoning there. Needless to say I have not been there.

Coopers is a neighborhood hot spot. I remember riding our bikes on the trails ny the Soccer fields under the power lines and hitting them up for a Crunch Cone. AHH, the memories.

Trader Jack's is a good place, been there like 4 times and never been disappointed. Its right on the marina, it used to be Ice Breakers and then was Pacers for a year or so before becoming Trader Jack's.

Coopers rules, they got a new sign and painted the roof but its still pretty much the same. Not sure of the name of the old Chagrin Tavern but its always been kinda gross. That restaurant has been underwater because of the flooding so many times, I am not surprised people got sick eating there. Horrible, horrible place if memory serves me right.
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry