Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Mardi Gras

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Mardi Gras

Unread postby General » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:38 am

I know that probably in NE Ohio it is not as giant an event that is on the Gulf Coast, but for me it kicks off this AM with a peculiar gathering called the "Nauga breakfast PJ party". It started as a joke years ago about how many "naugas" had to die to make naugahyde and it has grown into a huge drunken fiesta. Alot of folks show up to a beachfront bar in Pajamas at 10Am and start partying. Live band, breakfast, the works (not unlike the CF.com tailgate) Other bars chime in with crawfish boils and drink specials and it is not uncommon to run into someone wandering the beach in PJ's at 1AM. Also, the damn NFL games. I am home prepping myself with coffee, good breakfast, and rest. In about an hour I will drag my 46 year old liver out for this latest battle. We have a hotel room so this should be "a new low". Every weekend after this one there is some sort of bacchanal leading up to Mardi Gras weekend---which coincides with the Super Bowl (Bayou Tribe, I know you know what I am talkin about). After that .... the Betty Ford Clinic.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:33 am

Damn, you guys have a ton of throwin down to do in the next couple of weeks. Just curious, where does all of this take place (are you in Ohio or down on the Gulf)?

Either way, Laissez les bons temps rouler!
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby General » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:02 am

Live in Pensacola, escaped NE Ohio (snow) 7 years ago.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry