Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Baked Oysters

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Baked Oysters

Unread postby General » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:37 am

Anyone ever try these things? They are huge down here in Pensacola. You can load them up with cheese or any other topping that you want and bake them...awesome!!!. We have some great oyster bars here in P'Cola but the best I have ever had was at a place called Gilhooley's in San Leon, Texas, southeast of Houston, they had one with a shrimp on it...christ, hand me the remote and lock the door on your way out. I bet you could do the same with clams.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Baked Oysters

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:39 pm

General wrote:Anyone ever try these things? They are huge down here in Pensacola. You can load them up with cheese or any other topping that you want and bake them...awesome!!!. We have some great oyster bars here in P'Cola but the best I have ever had was at a place called Gilhooley's in San Leon, Texas, southeast of Houston, they had one with a shrimp on it...christ, hand me the remote and lock the door on your way out. I bet you could do the same with clams.

Ah, Pensacola, the Redneck Riviera. (joking) I'm down here in Northwest Orange County. There's a place down in Orlando called Lee and Ricks. The place is a dive, you need hip waders to use the restroom, but man do they have some oysters. You can buy em and take em home too. I bought a bushel last year and ate oysters for about three days. Baked, raw, steamed, fritters, stuffed, rockefeller, you name it. They have specials sometimes and you can get a bucket for five bucks. I've been wussing out and getting mine steamed lately since I got a bad raw one and was sick as shit for a few days. Steamed with some horseradish on a cracker is my default choice........ and of course lots of beer.
municipalmutt

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry