Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

A Proposition

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

A Proposition

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:14 pm

Here's a proposition to any potentially interested parties out there. I own the url www.ClevelandSpirits.com . From day one with this website, I wanted to tie northeast Ohio restaraunts, bars into the site over the long term. A place to go where visitors could ...

~Post and read reviews on local bars and restaraunts from site visitors
~Find a steakhouse to go get dinner at downtown
~A bar listing with maps for the watering holes within walkign distance of the Q and the Jake
~Host a comprehensive database of area restaraunts and bars with info like location, prices, online menus
~We could work with the establishments to post specials for our readers

I could go on and on. There's 50 different ways we could go with this.

I'm just so bogged down with my site, I don't have time for this endeavor. I need someone to take it on. I would finance the cosntruction of the website. And we would have a phenomenal lead in, as we could advertise the hell out of it on TheClevelandFan, also tie it right into the site ... while also being able to market it separately. We're getting significant viewer numbers now, and that base of viewers can be used to spin off other sites. This is the 1st one I want to tackle.

If anyone has any interest in talking further about this, let me know. Exceptional computer skills are not needed. Just passion and reliability.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:24 pm

It's a great idea. I'd write contributing stuff, but web design is like asking me to speak Swahili.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Anything become of this idea?
mattvan1

Unread postby swerb » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:40 am

mattvan1 wrote:Anything become of this idea?

Matt, I'm blueprinting it now. Actually getting set to release a NE OH golf website shortly, and work on this will follow.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:38 pm

Rich I think possibly a great way to tackle this is by territory. Ask people interested in helping for their locations first, then just assign them the closest reasonable area/neighborhoods to tackle.

For IE, if I were to help (not saying I can or can't mind you) I live in West Park, Cleveland (butts up against the east end of Fairview Park). I would be responsible for that area (you can set the limits). Lots of bars around this area, not too many restaurants but there are a few.

IMO it would be asking a lot for one or even two people to tackle this by themselves, again just my two cents.

For starters, for arguably as good of wings as you'll get anywhere, I mean anywhere, Woody's at Triskett and W140th. KFC has nothing on the size of Woody's wings, and they are very very good. Price average IMO but I am not up on wing prices.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:21 pm

*Raises Hand*

I live in Lakewood. I can hit a bar with a baseball from my house in two directions.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry