Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Favorite convenient store / gas station pastry snack?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Favorite convenient store / gas station pastry snack?

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 pm

For the longest time, mine has been...

I always figured since it had the word "banana" on it, it was somehow a healthy snack!

However, banana flips are harder to find these days, so now I typically go the route of...
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Favorite convenient store / gas station pastry snack?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 pm

swerb wrote:Image

At least your "fruit" pastry has real fruit in it. Mine just has different kinds of sugar and carbs in it with the word banana on the package.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Or a damn good maple glazed donut.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:49 am

I actually used to like the chocolate pudding hostess pies, but they are pretty rare these days....
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:31 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Image

I love when my wife has these loaded in our pantry. Yum!
OldDawg

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:52 pm

yeah, yeah, yeah laugh it up. Good treat to get at sheetz though, along with 99 cent mountain dew knock-offs.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:03 am

Back in the day when I was a young chap, I preferred these:

Unfortunately, I think the only place you can get them anymore is Disney World.

Nowadays, I prefer:

and

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:02 pm

redneck, I just knew you were a RC Cola guy.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/rc-col ... hase,1674/

RC Cola Celebrates 10th Purchase

NY—Employees at Royal Crown Cola are jubilant in the wake of the 10th product sale in the company's 68-year history.

"This is a historic day for RC Cola," Royal Crown CEO Tad Lipscomb said. "Our tenacity and dedication to providing a top-rate cola beverage have finally paid off. The double-digit barrier was a difficult hurdle that we have been approaching for decades, but now the sky is the limit."

The milestone sale took place Monday afternoon, when Ames, IA, resident Stephen Dutchins, 81, purchased a two-liter bottle of the wildly unpopular cola at a local Food Lion grocery store. "They put the Coke and Pepsi on the top shelf, and I couldn't reach them," Dutchins told reporters. "I decided my thirst was significant enough to justify buying an unknown brand."

Added Dutchins: "My wife died several years ago."

"We are proud that Mr. Dutchins chose to switch to crisp, refreshing RC Cola," said Lipscomb. "And we anticipate a long, productive relationship with our newest family member."

For pushing the cola manufacturer over the nine mark, Dutchins was awarded a case of RC, bringing the company's number of consumed servings to 34. Technically, however, the actual number is closer to 14. "The free case would have brought us up to 34 servings, but Mr. Dutchins opted to throw away 20 of the cans when he learned that a new Pepsi machine had recently been installed in his apartment complex's laundry room," RC's Kent O'Shaughnessey said. "But we're still very excited about the four cans he did consume and enjoy before realizing that."

Asked about the phenomenal sales of competing brands of cola such as Coke and Pepsi, O'Shaughnessey said, "I try not to think about the competition. I mean, they're doing their thing—you know, cornering a majority of the soft-drink market while making billions of dollars and enjoying tremendous name recognition throughout the world—and we're doing ours."

Wall Street rallied in the wake of the purchase, driving up Royal Crown stock an eighth of a point to finish with a quarterly high of 1/8 point.

The gain delighted RC Cola workers involved in the company's corporate profit-sharing plan, who stand to rake in as much as 11 cents. "I've been working here at RC for nine years now," said line supervisor Jim Keeghan. "And I've got to tell you, this sale is even sweeter than the other one."

Lipscomb was equally excited by the Iowa purchase. "Adding this sale to one in Buffalo in '93, we are clearly gathering momentum in our drive to shoot ahead of Safeway Budget Cola by the year 2000."

Asked for an accounting of all 10 RC purchases, Lipscomb said, "Well, I don't exactly have them all memorized. How could we possibly produce a precise tally, anyway? The important thing is that we've sold about 10 RC products. Most definitely almost 10. Shooting distance, certainly."

RC Cola, the last of the major players in the famed "cola wars" to break the 10 barrier, is best known to most consumers as the creator of such memorable television advertising jingles as the mid-'70s' "Me and My RC" and the early-'80s' "Cola-Lovin' Woman, Cola-Lovin' Man," in addition to the late-'80s slogan, "People go out of their way for the taste of RC." Surprising to most, however, is the little-known fact that the company also manufactures physical bottles filled with actual cola.

"We like making cola—we're good at it, and we think the nine million bottles that have piled up in our factory over the years shows it," RC Cola marketing director Toby Hallock said. "But once in a while it feels kind of nice to actually sell one."
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Spin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:28 pm

The problem is, they quit selling small packs and all you get are the theater packs now. And that's not helping my weight loss program...
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:13 am

I love the Hostess apple pies. I toss 'em in the microwave for about 20 seconds and put 'em on top of some vanilla ice cream. I'm JCoz, where are they hiding the chocolate filled ones? Some asshole must be hoarding them.

Hostess powdered donuts are pretty good too.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby redneckofsc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:16 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Hostess powdered donuts are pretty good too.

Probably the greatest invention ever. The coconut ones are good as well.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry