Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Metromix' Best Of C-Town Results

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Metromix' Best Of C-Town Results

Unread postby waborat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:19 pm

http://cleveland.metromix.com/home/essa ... 67/content

Thoughts:

-While I like Melt for what it is, there's no waaaaay they're better than Lola, Greenhouse or Momocho for best restaurant

-Nice to see Lucky's win brunch, B Spot for burgers & Sushi Rock is always solid

-Never been to Angelo's for pie yet, gotta make it out there

-Lolita for #1 happy hour is right on, no better quality & price

-Can't believe I've never been to Happy Dog or Reddstone?

-Hot Sauce Willy's for best bbq...Still THE most interesting "chicken" sandwich I've ever had

-For middle eastern, Aladdin's is good, but Nate's is great

BTW, Peeker disagrees with Charles Scott for best hair salon
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Metromix' Best Of C-Town Results

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 pm

I got's me some mad beef with that list.

1)Bier Market is nice and all, but I don't know how it surpasses Buckeye Beer Engine in terms of what is offered.

2)Melt being the best restaurant is a joke. If there was a best grilled cheese/heart clogging category it wins hands down. The fact that it won that particular category is a slap in the face to all the great chefs bustin' tail in the C-Town area. Moxie, Lolita, Table 45, Parallax, XO, Hyde Park. Blue Point, Mallorca and a number of others are just better. I don't know how that can be disputed.

3)If you took Symon's name away from BSpot, it might not even crack the top 5. Ballantine, Heck's, Chase's, 5 Guys, Yours Truly, Hartsgrove Tavern, Hambden Inn are at the top of my list.

I agree some of that list, but its like the writer just slapped down some of the best places "to be seen" and called it a day. Sushi Rock is pretentious crap sushi and I refuse to ever eat there again. Overpriced, awful service. It doesn't hold a candle to Pac East, Shuhei, or Lure Bistro.

::doh::
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby waborat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:I got's me some mad beef with that list.

1)Bier Market is nice and all, but I don't know how it surpasses Buckeye Beer Engine in terms of what is offered.

2)Melt being the best restaurant is a joke. If there was a best grilled cheese/heart clogging category it wins hands down. The fact that it won that particular category is a slap in the face to all the great chefs bustin' tail in the C-Town area. Moxie, Lolita, Table 45, Parallax, XO, Hyde Park. Blue Point, Mallorca and a number of others are just better. I don't know how that can be disputed.

3)If you took Symon's name away from BSpot, it might not even crack the top 5. Ballantine, Heck's, Chase's, 5 Guys, Yours Truly, Hartsgrove Tavern, Hambden Inn are at the top of my list.

I agree some of that list, but its like the writer just slapped down some of the best places "to be seen" and called it a day. Sushi Rock is pretentious crap sushi and I refuse to ever eat there again. Overpriced, awful service. It doesn't hold a candle to Pac East, Shuhei, or Lure Bistro.

::doh::

Rick, ya gotta relax a bit, bud...

If you click on the other nominees link you'll se what was available to be voted on...

1. Buckeye Beer wasn't a choice

2. Most of those restaurants weren't available either, although I agree with you on all of those

3. I respectfully disagree with you on B Spot. It has Symon's name and it IS good, hard to debate. Shit, the guy's won the South Beach Burger contest the past 2 years w/ the Fat Doug & Yo burger against everyone in the business

4. Isn't all sushi pretty much pretentious? ;-) ;) :wink:

Been able to vote on these for the past month over at MM & Scene, wasn't the writer's choices
waborat

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is really upset that The Melting Pot didn't win best restaraunt & wants a category for cleanest mens' rooms.

Isn't all sushi pretty much pretentious?

No, just gay.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 am

jb wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is really upset that The Melting Pot didn't win best restaraunt & wants a category for cleanest mens' rooms.

Isn't all sushi pretty much pretentious?

No, just gay.

I am just angry at the world. F$$k reading, context, and all that bull$hit. I don't care if those restaurants were voted in. They're wrong.
:loadof:
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 pm

That place is excellent. Zack Bruell knows what he is doing. Been to all his establishments cept for Chinato. Parallex is probably my favorite spot in the city.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm

jb wrote:Is really upset that The Melting Pot didn't win best restaraunt

Piper was the only one who voted for it
waborat

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:34 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:Parallex is probably my favorite spot in the city.

One of my faves in Tremont, got Dante's & Lolita's beatin it by a nose & a booger
waborat

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry