Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

In Law visiting need ideas

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

In Law visiting need ideas

Unread postby 216 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:25 am

The in-laws flying in from Florida this evening for the Holidays. Looking for some hidden culinary gems. Let me give you a quick rundown In-laws are originally from Brooklyn Dad is German and Mom is Sicilian. Two of the things the complain about in Florida is it "too suburbanized" and it "To hard to find anything ethnic" and as weird as it sounds they complain about Florida Tap Water. Mom came up last February took her around town over to Little Italy much to my surprise she LOVED Cleveland's Little Italy she said it had a nice ethnic neighborhood feel to it and that NYC's Little Italy was to commercialized and tourist driven. She also said she LOVED the older looking churches. So they are open minded, I know alot of NYers who think anything outside of Manhattan is LAME and just a cheap impression of the Manhattan version, However thats not them.

So I am looking for recommendations for places to scope out and eat... It doesn’t have to be anything Crazy or extravagant. Dad always says some of the best places to eat are Holes in the wall. So I think a trip to Slyman's is in order. Last February when mom came up I took her to Trattoria On The Hill. She seemed to like it I kind of left disappointed, But I am willing to bet I didn’t order correctly. You can get a horrible meal at a GREAT restaurant if you don’t know how to order and I get that.

The Fellas here at work were saying if Pops is German check out Rudy's in Parma Great Strudel.

I am a West Sider but I don’t mind taking a excursion across C-town in fact I would prefer it nice opportunity to get out and show the in laws around.

Lay it on me Favorite Restaurants along with Favorite dishes. And if you got any cool sights aside from the obvious ones (rock Hall, Christmas story house, little Italy) feel free to throws those out as well.

:cheers: Happy Holidays!

Re: In Law visiting need ideas

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:42 am

On the West side you might like Aroma. It's in Avon Lake. It's owned/operated by a dude named Mario who is from the old country and he really takes care of you. He's done some catering for us and it's always great. At the restaurant he was really involved, cooking and also visiting tables to chit chat and dropping off things to try while we were waiting. (We were there on a slow night and my friends know him a little so I don't know if every customer gets that level of attention.) He's a great guy. Food was great.

It's on lake road in a plaza. I can't remember exactly were. Definitely Avon Lake, though.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby 216 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks! Just checked out the menu online that place looks FANTASTIC definitely going to check it out!

Unread postby hebner20 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:44 pm

I thought you going for something like this...
in law helper.jpg
smooth the rough edges
in law helper.jpg (4.32 KiB) Viewed 473 times
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry