Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Awesome Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Awesome Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Bobby Flay recipe I plucked off the internet and tweaked after making it a couple times. Maybe it was the Browns win yesterday ... but god damn is this good.

Ingredients

1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup sugar
2 jalapeno chiles, coarsely chopped
2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
EV Olive oil
1/4 pound steamed snow peas
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts, 8-ounces each
3 tablespoons canola oil
Salt and pepper
Steamed rice

Directions

Heat the grill to high. Place the vinegars, soy sauce, pineapple juice, sugar, jalapeno and ginger in a medium saucepan and cook over high heat until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. If the sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little bit of water.

Strain the sauce through a strainer into a bowl. Briefly saute the red and yellow pepper and onion in olive oil and then stir in the sauce along with the snow peas and cilantro and season with salt and pepper.

Brush the chicken on both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 8 minutes, while also brushing with any remaining glaze. Place the rice on a large plate. Remove the chicken from the grill, place it on top the rice and drizzle it with the sauce.

Best when enjoyed after a Browns drubbing of the Patriots and with several Christmas Ales.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Awesome Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Chineese Democracy and Avitar came and went.

Where's TCF Cookbook?

;-) ;) :wink:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Awesome Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

jb wrote:Chineese Democracy and Avitar came and went.

Where's TCF Cookbook?

;-) ;) :wink:

I don't know how I missed the cooking thread, but I have some recipes that need to be passed along. Time to start compiling and mass-posting in the thread. BTW, making Chicken & Waffles at home is ridiculously easy and I have a country rib recipe that is more delectable than the baby-backs at Montgomery Inn.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry