Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

dieting

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

dieting

Unread postby swapnaa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:16 am

How to tell my friend she needs to stop dieting? A friend of mine has been dieting for a year now and we haven't seen her eat any carbohydrates for breakfast or lunch since then. Two weeks ago, she drew a mark on to her arm (with a pen, not that important) and the mark still hasn't vanished yet. Her skin looks very pale and unhealthy. She's very touchy about the subject of weight. How would you suggest us to get her to eat properly again?
Last edited by swapnaa on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
swapnaa

Favorite Player: VSHBSN
Least Favorite Player: SHJNSDJHJ

Re: dieting

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:26 am

I would suggest tip-toeing around the topic until her body starts to consume her muscles for nutriment. You can tell this has begun to happen, medically speaking, by drawing a mark on her arm. If it stays there for 2 weeks, then she's fine. If it stays for 3 weeks, then she needs to be careful.

As you body starts to break down muscle, it consumes the naturally produced enzyme inkase. Inkase is used to remove markings from the skin. It's a primitive mechanism used to lighten the skin, so potential mates are easier to see from long distances.

If the mark stays for 3 weeks or longer, she is inkase deficient because she is breaking down the proteins in her muscles. This can lead to myriad of physical maladies such as cramping, fatigue, and even heart failure. In its worst stages, the body will actually start to break down the brain for glucose. This is will start with changes in personality and culminate with loss of cognitive function.

I would watch that mark for the next few days. You may also want to play physically challenging board games with her to monitor brain function. I would suggest Crainum, Trivial Pursuit or LOSER.

Hope this helps.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: dieting

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Sounds to me like she just needs a bath.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry