Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Best Old School neighborhood bars?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Best Old School neighborhood bars?

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:47 pm

would be
?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby General » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:13 pm

Original Golden Coins at Mayfield/Noble, Black Forest Inn/South Euclid, Zitkos Tavern/E72nd, Lokars/E200th. Too many blurry memories to name more.
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:04 pm

General wrote:Original Golden Coins at Mayfield/Noble, Black Forest Inn/South Euclid, Zitkos Tavern/E72nd, Lokars/E200th. Too many blurry memories to name more.

Lokar's rules. It is now been corrupted to something like "Nasbar" or some crap. My uncle used to take me in and I'd do that bowling machine while he had a beer when I was like 8. Awesome example to help make me who I am today.
LOL.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:40 pm

I spent about four years of my life at Scalpers in Mayfield Heights. '95-'98. Not sure if its there any more ... but I did see that the owners are now the guys that own Spectators in Willoughby.

Thats where me and some boys took in the Bucks Final Four win over Georgetown. Cool place, good food ... Goose Island on draft.

I then moved to Mentor in 1998. I was still single, living with Pup, lynch011, and a couple other dudes. Those were the "trying to get laid years". They were spent primarily at Have a Nice Day Cafe, Avenue, Gatsbys, Muldoons in Eastlake, and the Flats.

Spent a year or so in there with the Stadium Grille as the home base. Then my boy JD took over Lost Nation Sports Park Bar & Grille in Willoughby.

Now? Most of my bar nights are either work related or centered around Cavs or Indians games downtown. Flannerys, Harry Buffalo, the Lizard, and House of Blues are where I find myself most frequently.

One of these days when I can manufacture some time, I'm going to add a Cleveland bar and restaraunt guide to the site. Its always something I wanted to add. Its starting to get closer to the top of my "to do" scroll.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:03 pm

1899 in downtown Willoughby, widest selection of beers I've seen in a while.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 pm

Where is Dagwood's when you need it?

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:26 pm

BILLYS OLD FRONT BAR
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby General » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:35 pm

I forgot to mention Gandalf's at Green/Monticello. Maybe not old school, but if you couldn't get laid in there on a sunday night you must have been dead.
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:42 pm

Old Maxx Doogan's on Euclid Avenue. My buddies and I hit this place up 3 times a week for $1.00 hot dogs and $4.00 pitchers during Tribe games. Who knows what this place is now, it has changed names too many times.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry