Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

stadium mustard - real or imposter?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

stadium mustard - real or imposter?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Some of my ol man's work associates in the Cleveland area always send him random stuff, and this year there was a bottle of mustard (below) that I found in their fridge today. Is this the famous ballpark mustard that you find at The Jake or is this an imposter?

"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: stadium mustard - real or imposter?

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Indians use Bertmans Ball Park Mustard, Browns use Stadium Mustard, and I believe the Cavs actually use both.

Bertmans is the original. There was a falling out between Bertman and his partner, who spun off and started Stadium many years ago. The two mustards are very, very similar. Bertmans has a little more kick. Its the one I use religiously.

Actually used to work with Bertmans great nephew. Heard some great stories from him over happy hour cocktails about the history and the feud that resulted in the spinoff.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: stadium mustard - real or imposter?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks, Rich. I don't eat mustard on anything (hate yellow mustard), but I tried it today and it wasn't bad at all. The job that I'll be starting in August should put me in Cleveland once or twice a year, so I'll try to score some Bertman's next time I'm out that way.

Hope your Father's Day was great man. :cheers:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry