Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Real good (and easy) fall/winter dish ...

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Real good (and easy) fall/winter dish ...

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Another one of the ones going in the cookbook. Gotta try this one out. It's easy.

30 Minute Chicken Minestrone

Put all this stuff in a large saucepan ...

~4 cups water
~4 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes (the ones with garlic/onions, or italian seasoned)
~3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
~3-4 cups uncooked rotini pasta
~2 envelopes of the Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
~Seasonings. I use a little crushed red, basil, oregano, garlic salt, and cracked pepper.

Bring it all to a boil. Then add roughly 4-5 cups of vegetables. I chopped up some mushrooms, green peppers, and carrots.

(An easier, quicker alternative would be to add frozen vegetables. If you do that, add em in the beginning with the other stuff.)

Once you add the veggies, just let it simmer on medium heat for about ten minutes.

Ladle into bowls, top with a little grated parmesan cheese. Serve with some crusty bread.

Made this and served four tonight. Enough left for a feast of equal proportions tomorrow. An easy, delicious recipe ... you can feed a family off of for two days. For $16-$17. Also, I'm not a huge soup guy. This is not what I call soup. This is a hearty meal.

Lemme know how it comes out if you make it ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Real good (and easy) fall/winter dish ...

Unread postby View from 171 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 am

Threw the soup together last night for the family. Good and easy to make (considering I can't really cook worth a damn).

Was even a good meal for the little one.......strained out the broth and then bang.....vegetables and chicken for a healthy meal.

Good recipe.
When everyone else is greedy, be cautious. When everyone is cautious, be greedy - Warren Buffett
View from 171

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: Pappelboner

Re: Real good (and easy) fall/winter dish ...

Unread postby swerb » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Great, easy recipe. Defy someone to make this and not have it go in your regular rotation.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry