Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Quick and Easy Pasta Dish

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Quick and Easy Pasta Dish

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Sorry...I'm not big on measurements or times. Just kinda wing-it...its an easy dish.

I whipped this up last night and it turned out really well.

Ingredients:

Pasta -- use linguine or spaghetti
Olive Oil
Garlic (I used about 4 cloves, minced)
Shallot (minced)
Anchovies (I like Cento, canned in oil, rough chop)
Red Pepper Flakes (I like spicy, so I used a decent amount)
Zucchini (I used one for 1 lb of pasta)
Parsley
Reggiano Parmigiano cheese
Salt
H2O
__

Start the H2O for the pasta in a large pot on high. Add salt.

Meanwhile, in a large pan, combine oil, garlic, shallot, some anchovies and oil from anchovie can, and red pepper flakes over medium heat.
You want a lot of oil, as this will essentially be your "sauce". Add more as it cooks if you need.

Start working on your zucchini. I dont have a mandolin, so I cut with a chef knife. You want to cut short-ways, so that you are ending up with thin disks (circles). You dont want so thin that you can see through, but thin enough that they will cook quickly. Use the whole zucc or more (I cooked for 2...cooking for more, you'll want another one added).

Chop up the fresh parsley and grate the fresh cheese.

Take Oil mixture off heat when you feel all ingredients have been incorporated. You dont want the garlic is to burn. You can always heat up again close to serving.

When the h2o is boiling, add the pasta. Stir so nothing sticks. When you are 2-3 mins from al dente (read package), add zucchini discs to the pasta and cooking water. Stir.

When al dente, drain pasta and zucchini. Add and mix with oil mixture. Mix in parsley and cheese.

Enjoy.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Re: Quick and Easy Pasta Dish

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Good stuff Dude. I do something very similar, take out the zucc and anchovies ... replace it with broccoli. One of my go to quick pasta dishes.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Quick and Easy Pasta Dish

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Yeah, this is a very rustic pasta, my wife has a bunch of them she makes. I love the flavor of garlic, red pepper flakes, scallions, and good olive oil. I like to put alittle capicola or bresaola in it. Sometimes i let the capicola get crispy in a pan like bacon, it's pretty salty, so go easy on the salt till you taste it. Roated chicken also is fantastic. I prefer the lighter olive oil dressed pastas over the thick red sauce. I still love red sauce, but the oil is so good.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry