Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Michelin Star Restaurants

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Michelin Star Restaurants

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 pm

I figured I'd start a thread to talk about Michelin Star restaurants we've all visited.

I'm going to Gordon Ramsay at Claridges (London, UK) on Monday for Lunch and then I've got a table booked at a local Michelin starred restaurant called L'ortolan in June this year.

I was just curious as to what other peoples experiences at MSR (Michelin Star Restaurants) have been like.... I'm also going to Vegas at the end of the month and was planning on visiting a MSR when I'm there.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: Michelin Star Restaurants

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:23 pm

I have just booked a table for two at the 2 michelin stared "Picasso" in the Bellagio...... good times!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Brits and Euros crack me up when it comes to restaurant ratings. They look down their noses at Americans for being inferior judges of fine cuisine, yet treat as The Bible a guide published by this man ;-) ;) :wink:

Just funnin'. Actually I'll never know if I have/will eat/eaten at a Michelin establishment, as they don't publish their ratings on line. Never understood that.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Just thought I'd note that I ate lunch at Gordon Ramsey's flagship, 3-michelin starred restaurant in London on Good Friday.

By the ratings, 3 michelin stars is as good as it gets.... personally, I thought it was fantastic!!

My girlfriend and I ate the following: -

Amuse Bouche
Crispy Frog’s leg on a bed of potato and bacon served with a Leek, potato and wild garlic soup.

Starters
Chicken liver, foie gras and bone marrow crouton with a salad of artichokes, heritage apples and Périgord truffle.

Tortellini of Crab and King Prawn with a Lemongrass veloutte.

Mains
Roasted fillet of pork with smoked ventrèche, Morteau sausage, black pudding, caramelised applae and choucroute.

Braised ox cheek in red wine with paysanne of autumn vegetables, polenta and mascarpone.

Dessert
Banana parfait with passion fruit and salted caramel ice cream.

Pear tatin with walnut ice cream and shaved Colston Bassett stilton.

Petits Fours
Chocolate Truffles
Strawberry Ice Cream coated in white Chocolate served over dry ice.

A fantastic meal and, more than that, a fantastic experience! The white chocolates at the end with the dry ice spewing all over our table made it a wonderful spectical.... all in it cost £216 (approx $330) for 3 courses, coffees and an aperitif (Amerreto) for two.

I thought it was well worth it, but I am a bit of a food snob!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry