Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Some Awesome Spuds

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Some Awesome Spuds

Unread postby waborat » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 am

Knew I wanted to grill with the nice weather on Sunday and pulled out some veal chops to marinate in the morning...

While making breakfast, my wife asked what we were having with them? Told her prolly some kinda potato?

While making that morning's bacon I had an idea and made some extra slices to crumble over some baked potatos later on (yeah I know, original idea, huh?)

Took out some nice big Idaho's and pieced em a few times with a fork and then lathered up the skin with the bacon fat in the pan and set aside until I was rady for em...

Prepared the grill with some mesquite chips and turned it to medium-low heat...threw the spuds on for an hour turning them about every 15 minutes until they were soft, but crispy

When ready, I sliced em and added butter, sour cream, the bacon bits from the morning and chives...Tell ya what, I don't know if it was the mesquite, the lard rub or what? But they were simple, easy & rockin'
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry