Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Silvestro's in Painesville

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:50 am

Not sure if anyone here has ever been to our favorite joint in Lake County or not?

Silvestro's is on Station St in P'ville and has been around since the 40's...my family's been going there since we moved to LC in '79 and I don't believe I've ever had a bad meal there?

-Italian owned & operated (Jerry's the best!!!)
-Huuuuuge Prime Rib & Steaks
-Unbelievable lobster tails and king crab
-Veal, Lasagna & Chicken Parm
-Lake Erie Perch & Walleye
-Different specials every month
-Cheap drinks
-Nothing but Frank & Deano being played thru the stereo

This place just takes you back in time!!!

We try a go about twice a month and you'll always have food to take home because the portions are big...if you sign up for their VIP mailing then you'll get monthly coupons (including b-day, anniversary, etc) to get $8-10 off each time you visit...average meals are between $15-20, Tails are around $55 and worth every penny

One of Cleveland's hidden treasures
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:10 am

waborat wrote:Not sure if anyone here has ever been to our favorite joint in Lake County or not?

Silvestro's is on Station St in P'ville and has been around since the 40's...my family's been going there since we moved to LC in '79 and I don't believe I've ever had a bad meal there?

-Italian owned & operated (Jerry's the best!!!)
-Huuuuuge Prime Rib & Steaks
-Unbelievable lobster tails and king crab
-Veal, Lasagna & Chicken Parm
-Lake Erie Perch & Walleye
-Different specials every month
-Cheap drinks
-Nothing but Frank & Deano being played thru the stereo

This place just takes you back in time!!!

We try a go about twice a month and you'll always have food to take home because the portions are big...if you sign up for their VIP mailing then you'll get monthly coupons (including b-day, anniversary, etc) to get $8-10 off each time you visit...average meals are between $15-20, Tails are around $55 and worth every penny

One of Cleveland's hidden treasures



Where is Station St. Wabs?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby dem425 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:27 am

Hey B:

Silvestro's is actually off of Railroad St., which runs off of N/State, just south of the tracks.

Years ago, they had 1 lb. lobster tails for $19.95!

Some very significant memories in that place.



Uncle Reminisce
dem425
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Now in Strongsville
Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:27 am

Peeker643 wrote:

Where is Station St. Wabs?


Sorry Peeks, my bad...I just saw that I typed that in and it should be Railroad St

It's just north of Rt 20 by the old railroad station....easiest way is to go north about 500 ft on North State St off of Rt 20 and Railroad is on the right side....North State St is about .25 mile east of the Sheriff's station & jail

If you've never been there you won't be disappointed...I bet we've turned the place on to over 100 family and friends over the years

If you plan on going on a Friday or saturday night then you'll probably have to wait for around 45 minutes for a table...they don't serve dessert so they'll ask you politely to move to the bar when you're done eating if they have a wait for tables....also, I believe they're closed on Mondays?
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 am

Ahhh..... I got you guys now.

Thanks.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Sounds like this place is right down the street from my house. I'll have to try it out soon.
User avatar
4thQtrGlory
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Chardon
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:10 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:Sounds like this place is right down the street from my house. I'll have to try it out soon.


Move from Chardon 4QG???
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby General » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 pm

That place is awesome, we used to make feasting trips to that place. One of my good friends was tight with Jerry so we were treated like royalty.



:spanky:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
User avatar
General
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pensacola
Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm

waborat wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:Sounds like this place is right down the street from my house. I'll have to try it out soon.


Move from Chardon 4QG???


yep, last weekend. Moved to Heisley Park off Jackson st.
User avatar
4thQtrGlory
 
Posts: 2186
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Chardon
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:59 pm

General wrote:That place is awesome, we used to make feasting trips to that place. One of my good friends was tight with Jerry so we were treated like royalty.



Jerry's great at making everyone feel welcome and like family there...too many late nights at the bar where he won't let you leave

Here's this month's specials for anyone interested?

-Cavatelli: homemade marinara with choice of meatballs, sausage, or meat sauce
-Jumbo Sea Scallops Bruschetta: broiled with EVOO, garlic, onions and tomatoes. topped with Pecorino
-Tenderloin Pepper Steak: tender medallions of filet mignon broiled in sweet teriyaki sauce with red bell peppers, 'shrooms & onions
-Chicken Gorgonzola: boneless breat baked in gorgonzola sauce over linguine

All meals served with bread, salad & side dish

The other night my wife had the pepper steak and I had the chicken gorg...both excellent

Like I said, if you go make sure you ask the waitress to sign up for their VIP so you'll get discount coupons every month in the mail

BTW, I think they won last year for having the best steaks in Lake County?
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Silvestro's in Painesville

Unread postby OpusTPenguin » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:22 pm

It's funny you posted this, I met my father up there the week before. First time I'd been up there in over five years.

It's behind St Mary's Painesville and accross the street from the old depot. It's cool to read the historical marker near the depot - rail line was from 1851, Lincoln stopped off on his way to his innauguration, current depot built in 1891, last passenger trail in 1970. Sounds like it's beautiful inside.

Any food item with "Silvestro" in the title is great. They offer a side of pasta, so you can get a different entree but still sample thier pasta and sauce.

CASH ONLY
OpusTPenguin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:07 pm


Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests