Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Best Pizza In Cleveland?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Unread postby Lokais » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:49 pm

There was a place called Frankie's in Olmsted Falls, I believe. Haven't been in a long time, but loved it when I was a kid. Is it still around?
Lokais

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Lokais wrote:There was a place called Frankie's in Olmsted Falls, I believe. Haven't been in a long time, but loved it when I was a kid. Is it still around?

I think you're thinking of the Frankie's on Great Northern Blvd. in North Olmsted. Tasty pies, for sure. But I loved getting the salad with the half pound of mozzarella dropped on top. A perfectly good way to take the health out of a perfectly healthy product.

Frankie's opened a second location in Westlake a while back. Basically, it's the same as the North Olmsted spot. I think they win with their sauce. It's been a while since I've been out to Frankie's, but they are still around and still do the trick on Italian eats.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 pm

JB wrote:The best Za in C-town is actually in Y-town. I grew up in C-town and been a few other places, but dang! Y-town's italians got it going on.

They do this really light crust Abruzzi style, an dthey also rock out the Brier Hill style, which is red sauce, romano and red and green peppers only. That's it. It's amazing.

So far, down here my favs are Inner Cricle, Cornersberg, and two little places; LaRocca's in Poland and the legendary Elmton in Struthers. You can get this amazing hand made, cooked in an old school pizza oven and they still have Strohs there. It's cheap and it is a classic family owned dive where the locals keep their beer mugs there. Oh, and Wedgewood and Iannazone's are pretty good too.

I know we have been over this before but I am gonna say it again, Wedgewood sucks, any sauce that is that sweet makes me feel like I am eating desert rather than enjoying an unhealthy meal. Ianazone's were family friends and I played that out by 11th grade. Inner Circle is good, real good, but I think you also have a soft sport for Bulldog land, best in Ohio? I have not had a lot of pizza around Ohio but damn that just cannot be true. Cornersberg is as good as Inner Circle, good, but again, best in Ohio? Something tells me I'd dig your two Ma & Pa's more than anything else on your list.

Next you are gonna tell me the Philly Cheesesteak place on Market before Western Reserve (coming from Boardman) makes a better sandwich than Philly's best.....

PS: The MVR still kicks ass.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
JB wrote:The best Za in C-town is actually in Y-town. I grew up in C-town and been a few other places, but dang! Y-town's italians got it going on.

They do this really light crust Abruzzi style, an dthey also rock out the Brier Hill style, which is red sauce, romano and red and green peppers only. That's it. It's amazing.

So far, down here my favs are Inner Cricle, Cornersberg, and two little places; LaRocca's in Poland and the legendary Elmton in Struthers. You can get this amazing hand made, cooked in an old school pizza oven and they still have Strohs there. It's cheap and it is a classic family owned dive where the locals keep their beer mugs there. Oh, and Wedgewood and Iannazone's are pretty good too.

I know we have been over this before but I am gonna say it again, Wedgewood sucks, any sauce that is that sweet makes me feel like I am eating desert rather than enjoying an unhealthy meal. Ianazone's were family friends and I played that out by 11th grade. Inner Circle is good, real good, but I think you also have a soft sport for Bulldog land, best in Ohio? I have not had a lot of pizza around Ohio but damn that just cannot be true. Cornersberg is as good as Inner Circle, good, but again, best in Ohio? Something tells me I'd dig your two Ma & Pa's more than anything else on your list.

Next you are gonna tell me the Philly Cheesesteak place on Market before Western Reserve (coming from Boardman) makes a better sandwich than Philly's best.....

PS: The MVR still kicks ass.

That cheese steak is pretty lame. No where like that market by the convention centrer in Philly for that.

Wedgewood sweet sauce is good. This is just subjective.

I've had za all over - C bus, Nati, Dayton, grew up in C town, and lived in Akron, Canton & Kent. I'm telliun' yah, Y-town area is za heaven. And I haven't even tried Sunrise in the Niles area yet.

No bias. I'm no native.

The thing is all the Itialiaqn immigrants. Nowheree has the recent collection like Y-town.

I did try this place in Steubenville of all areas that was really unique. They only do sheet pizza and cook the crist and the sauce and add the topping, inclu moz cheese - cold. It's really interetsing-good.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Let me ask this, this should tell a lot about what people know and don't know about pizza, what do you think is the best way to eat pizza to compare?

It's real simple, you only want a plain cheese pizza. To compare you should only be able to taste the dough (crust) sauce and cheese(s). Toppings really nullify a true comparison.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Pizzazz in Mayfield is definitely the best pizza ive ever had... but the best chain pizza is Marcos
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby General » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:12 am

4thQtrGlory wrote:Pizzazz in Mayfield is definitely the best pizza ive ever had... but the best chain pizza is Marcos

Pizzazz is awesome but does anyone remember DeMarco's on the corner of Richmond and Mayfield? Those pies were tremendous, they cost like a million dollars back then but it was worth it.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Best Pizza In Cleveland?

Unread postby Big Money Player » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Cala's has been clogging my arteries since I wore short pants! Angie's in Mentor on the Lake is pretty good too. I also like Andaloro's-Taste of Sicily in Willowick for their specialty white pizza's...yeah, I sort of like pizza...
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
Big Money Player

Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Unread postby mswerb » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 am

Short pants?
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Cease » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:30 am

Tough decision

1. Cala's- childhood favorite, still go there for my birthday w/ family.
2. Guy's in Euclid
3. Mama Santa's - Best casual date in Cleveland: Pizza, Salad and red table wine.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Big Money Player » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:01 pm

mswerb wrote:Short pants?

Correct, like Uncle June says, "What do you expect? He's been smoking those Camels since Moses wore short pants!!!"
"You know who invented this game, don't you?!?!?"
Big Money Player

Favorite Player: Mike Piper
Least Favorite Player: The Rat

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Big Money Player wrote: I also like Andaloro's-Taste of Sicily in Willowick for their specialty white pizza's...

I stumbled onto that place last summer visiting my folks who still live in the area. Their pizza is great, good flavor to the crust and good homemade sauce. I really enjoyed it and hope to hit it up next time I am there for dinner.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Lebowski » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:51 am

So far, down here my favs are Inner Cricle, Cornersberg, and two little places; LaRocca's in Poland and the legendary Elmton in Struthers. You can get this amazing hand made, cooked in an old school pizza oven and they still have Strohs there. It's cheap and it is a classic family owned dive where the locals keep their beer mugs there. Oh, and Wedgewood and Iannazone's are pretty good too. Bellaria is just awe-ite. But I'm tellin' yah there was nothing nearly this good anywhere but Mayfield Rd in C-town.

The Elmton is and will remain the king in Ytown. Many burnt roofs of my mouth from that place. Justget teh standard cheese (which comes with green bell peppers)...dont ruin it with any toppings. And a beer costs like 80 cents there.

Cornersburg and LaRoccas (live like a minute from that joint, hit Handels on the way home) are very good as well.

Diamond in the rough? -- Try the Golden Dawn. Legendary Youngstown joint off Wick Ave past Ursaline High. Golden Dawn : Ursaline :: MVR : Mooney. Get the plain cheese pizza with hot peppers....and ask for a scooner of beer (they only have Genny).
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Re:

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:46 am

JB wrote:Shout out to my boi in Canton. I fell bad for you, dawg. Kraus and the pizza oven and yer pizza range from generic to aweful IMhO. Kraus' tastes like that sheet stuff they used to feed you in grade school , complete with flavaless rabbit crap style sausage. I used to like even Pappa John's better when I lived in Stark Co , they were so lame. If Y-town is too far, then do Napoli's downtown Canton. Get their stuffed crust. You eat like 2 slices and you're ready for a nap. Their classic thin is awesome, too.

I'll have to try Napoli's...I don't really hit up downtown Canton a lot unless I'm watching some team take on McKinley or something

Completely disagree on Kraus's, and their style of sausage, Dig that type more than the Nugget Style on most pizza, huge reason why I usually order from there. This will sound weird, but I think their style is like...German, more so than Italian in making pizza, at least that's the vibe I get. Not a lot of spices, etc.

Also, Heres another type I used to get that had the same type of Sausage on their pizza..I used to get it a lot more, but the place nearest me converted to some other type..and it wasn't as good.

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Re:

Unread postby General » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am

Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:Shout out to my boi in Canton. I fell bad for you, dawg. Kraus and the pizza oven and yer pizza range from generic to aweful IMhO. Kraus' tastes like that sheet stuff they used to feed you in grade school , complete with flavaless rabbit crap style sausage. I used to like even Pappa John's better when I lived in Stark Co , they were so lame. If Y-town is too far, then do Napoli's downtown Canton. Get their stuffed crust. You eat like 2 slices and you're ready for a nap. Their classic thin is awesome, too.

I'll have to try Napoli's...I don't really hit up downtown Canton a lot unless I'm watching some team take on McKinley or something

Completely disagree on Kraus's, and their style of sausage, Dig that type more than the Nugget Style on most pizza, huge reason why I usually order from there. This will sound weird, but I think their style is like...German, more so than Italian in making pizza, at least that's the vibe I get. Not a lot of spices, etc.

Also, Heres another type I used to get that had the same type of Sausage on their pizza..I used to get it a lot more, but the place nearest me converted to some other type..and it wasn't as good.

Get some Bon Ami for that sink. :lmfao:

:spanky:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Re: Re:

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:49 pm

General wrote:
Triple-S wrote:

Get some Bon Ami for that sink. :lmfao:

Thankfully it ain't mine..just a pic I snagged off of the web. :)
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Lebowski wrote:So far, down here my favs are Inner Cricle, Cornersberg, and two little places; LaRocca's in Poland and the legendary Elmton in Struthers. You can get this amazing hand made, cooked in an old school pizza oven and they still have Strohs there. It's cheap and it is a classic family owned dive where the locals keep their beer mugs there. Oh, and Wedgewood and Iannazone's are pretty good too. Bellaria is just awe-ite. But I'm tellin' yah there was nothing nearly this good anywhere but Mayfield Rd in C-town.

The Elmton is and will remain the king in Ytown. Many burnt roofs of my mouth from that place. Justget teh standard cheese (which comes with green bell peppers)...dont ruin it with any toppings. And a beer costs like 80 cents there.

Cornersburg and LaRoccas (live like a minute from that joint, hit Handels on the way home) are very good as well.

Diamond in the rough? -- Try the Golden Dawn. Legendary Youngstown joint off Wick Ave past Ursaline High. Golden Dawn : Ursaline :: MVR : Mooney. Get the plain cheese pizza with hot peppers....and ask for a scooner of beer (they only have Genny).

Dude, we should get together and watch some Browns' games together next year, or some cavs' playoff ball. U R right in my neck of the woods so much it is scarry. Maybe we could get a few other of TCF Y-town crew involved.

If that GD place is north of Ursuline, no thanks. I like my car and don't want it jacked no matter how good the pizza is. ;-) I would risk my life for Charlie Staples' ribs tho.

My goal is life is to have my own mug on the wall of the Elmton.... War Struhers. It's just like where I grew up in Pukelit. A dying, inner ring burb of bungalows where you cant go 5 yards w/ out there being a bar.

I hear Sunrise up north in Warren is the shizznit, too. Need to get there.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:53 pm

No one jacks hybrid JB.... ;-)

Man do I miss the MVR.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

JB, Lebowski was at the Bernies Insiders draft party ... the one where we traded up one slot for The Soulja. You may have met him already. Good dude.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Dude, we should get together and watch some Browns' games together next year, or some cavs' playoff ball. U R right in my neck of the woods so much it is scarry. Maybe we could get a few other of TCF Y-town crew involved.

Awesome, just let me know when and where. Would love to get a Ytown crew together for a few Cavs playoff games. (I live right off Dobbins)

If that GD place is north of Ursuline, no thanks. I like my car and don't want it jacked no matter how good the pizza is. I would risk my life for Charlie Staples' ribs tho.

Nah, just go in the daytime. (Legendary story of a cracked out thief who busted in during hours with a gun and demanding cash...the burly bartender simply told him to get the fahq out and went about his business.)

My goal is life is to have my own mug on the wall of the Elmton.... War Struhers. It's just like where I grew up in Pukelit. A dying, inner ring burb of bungalows where you cant go 5 yards w/ out there being a bar.

Isnt that place the best? Tried their "broasted" chicken?

I hear Sunrise up north in Warren is the shizznit, too. Need to get there.

Never heard of the place...care to enlighten?

(PS -- if you liked hole in the wall joints, you gotta try Royal Oaks on the south side....unless urr skurred :) Best wings in the Valley...seriously, they have this char-grilled raspberry BBQ...unreal)
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Man do I miss the MVR.

Summertime drinking some cold ones on the bocce courts...
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:50 pm

JB, Lebowski was at the Bernies Insiders draft party ... the one where we traded up one slot for The Soulja. You may have met him already. Good dude.

Swerb, it was actually the Wimbley draft. Dont think I met JB....unless I blacked out because we passed on Ngata and dont remember.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Anyone in the Warren area get pizza from Sunrise Inn?
Just had it recently, thought it was pretty good. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re:

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Swerb wrote:I've gotten hooked on Romeo's Pizza since moving to Twinsburg.

Best pizza sauce I've tasted from any chain, ever. Their toppings are also excellent. Thick meat, and thinkly shaved and very fresh vegetable toppings.

Their pepperoni and red onion pizza is awesome.

Thank god for this thread, they opened up a new one a few towns over and I decided to give it a shot. Just ordered a few minutes ago. Was a bit concerned until I saw Swerb give a seal of approval. I'm trying the "Heart-stopper" and "Butcher Shop"

And My God, Zeppes does suck. Definitely agree with that.

Anyone here ever make their own pizza? I've been doing that as of late being a bit disgusted at how I'm getting less and less toppings and cheese on my pizza from the chains around here.

Triple-S

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

I vote for Verso in Parma. Tasty dough. Overlooked in pizza.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Damage » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Top 4

1. Edison's in Tremont. Phenomenal pizza, and a great bar next door.
2. Pizzazz near John Carroll (use to bartend there, so somewhat biased)
3. Geraci's near John Carroll. Know the owner. They call her 2 bullet Frannie, because it would take 2 bullets to keep her down.
4. Guys Pizza in Coventry. Best drunk pizza around.
"I must be cruel only to be kind;
Thus bad begins, and worse remains behind."
Damage

Favorite Player: Terrell Brandon
Least Favorite Player: Joe Table

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:19 pm

I do a company wide email every morning here at the bank ... touches on the market, mortgage/banking news, sports, and other miscellaneous stuff. Goes out to a couple hundred people, many here in Lakewood. Asked for thoughts on the best west side pizza places. These three keep coming back ...

~Angelo's on Madison in Lakewood
~Danny Boys in Rocky River
~Dewey in the west end of Lakewood
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby General » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:58 pm

A friend introduced me to Spenatos on Northfield or something. It is diagonal from the track, awesome. I will be stopping there and Pizzazz when I come up on July 18. Good pizza is in short supply in the Panhandle. Not sure if this is a duplicate endorsement from earlier in the thread.

General

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Fiance and I went out to the Natural History Museum and then stayed out that way to watch my nephew's band at the Grog Shop. I texted Rich and asked him the best pizza place and he dropped Mama Santa's name. Phenomenal. The homemade sausage is outstanding. Definitely one of the top three pizzas I've ever had in my lifetime.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Swerb wrote:I do a company wide email every morning here at the bank ... touches on the market, mortgage/banking news, sports, and other miscellaneous stuff. Goes out to a couple hundred people, many here in Lakewood. Asked for thoughts on the best west side pizza places. These three keep coming back ...

Yeah but Lakewood people are weird, so take it for what it is worth.

I'm tellin you (all) Antonio's in Parma is THE best. I'll pay for the pizza and one of your choice if you try it next to your favorite and you don't like Antonio's better.

FUDU

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:24 am

FUDU wrote:
Swerb wrote:I do a company wide email every morning here at the bank ... touches on the market, mortgage/banking news, sports, and other miscellaneous stuff. Goes out to a couple hundred people, many here in Lakewood. Asked for thoughts on the best west side pizza places. These three keep coming back ...

I'm tellin you (all) Antonio's in Parma is THE best. I'll pay for the pizza and one of your choice if you try it next to your favorite and you don't like Antonio's better.

Have always been a big fan of Antonio's, miss it now that I'm out in Medina. The one thing about Antonio's is you HAVE to get the salad to go with the pizza.

Master Pizza out in Myfield is underrated IMO
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:22 pm

FUDU wrote:

Antonio's was great in the 70's when they were only at Parmatown Mall and they still had the same great taste the last time I was on the west side...

Maybe the best crust I've ever had???

Definitely in my top 2-3 in NEO
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:12 pm

All this talk of Youngstown pizza and nobody mentioned Avalon Gardens?
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby jordan kramer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:57 pm

if you want the best pizza in the Y-Town area, you must pay a visit to The Elmton in Studders.
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:55 pm

waborat wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Antonio's was great in the 70's when they were only at Parmatown Mall and they still had the same great taste the last time I was on the west side...

You make it sound as if they went big time and are a national chain now, IIRC they simply opened up one additional store front, a small lunch only/delivery store?

FUDU

Unread postby waborat » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 am

FUDU wrote:
waborat wrote:
FUDU wrote:

You make it sound as if they went big time and are a national chain now, IIRC they simply opened up one additional store front, a small lunch only/delivery store?

Nope, just meant the original stand-alone store at the end of the mall/shopping center...then they opened the food court one in '80 or so? The only other one that I've ever eaten at is the one near 130th (not even sure if it's still open?)...not even sure if there are any others?

Have loved every single slice I've had in 35+ years
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:11 am

They also opened a carryout store in the Midtown Shopping Plaza at Snow /Broadview about 2 years ago.

They now have 5 stores besides the Parmatown location
Chevy Blvd
Midtown
N. Royalton
Broadview Hts
Strongsville

http://www.antoniospizza.net/antonios-pizza-locations.html
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jack_tors » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Damage wrote:Top 4

1. Edison's in Tremont. Phenomenal pizza, and a great bar next door.
2. Pizzazz near John Carroll (use to bartend there, so somewhat biased)
3. Geraci's near John Carroll. Know the owner. They call her 2 bullet Frannie, because it would take 2 bullets to keep her down.
4. Guys Pizza in Coventry. Best drunk pizza around.

Hit up Geraci's on Friday night for the first time and it was excellent. Tried both the white pizza and the sicilian pizzas and they were excellent. Also tried the zucchini fries with pasta sauce and those too were just amazing. I was very impressed and will be going back. I would like to try one of their pasta dishes since their sauce was so good.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Bumping this up

Competition tonight on Food Network at 7 and a guy who's a fellow graduate of my High School (Uniontown Lake) and owner of Romeo's Pizza is competing with "Team Ohio". Needless to say his pizza's are amazing and Romeo's while fairly expensive is probably the best I've had.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food-network ... index.html

Triple-S

Unread postby hebner20 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 pm

The deep dish pizza at the Sunrise Inn in downtown Warren is amazing for sheer calorie content. Massively thick - like 4 inches deep. Taste was OK. I used to work in Warren years ago and had it once in a while. Not sure it is still there but I guess it is since some have commented on it in this thread.

Damn, I am hungry now....
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby jb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:26 pm

hebner20 wrote:The deep dish pizza at the Sunrise Inn in downtown Warren is amazing for sheer calorie content. Massively thick - like 4 inches deep. Taste was OK. I used to work in Warren years ago and had it once in a while. Not sure it is still there but I guess it is since some have commented on it in this thread.

Damn, I am hungry now....

Sunrise is alive and well.

When i want to leave the poshness of ytown and slum i hit warren.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Triple-S wrote:Bumping this up

Competition tonight on Food Network at 7 and a guy who's a fellow graduate of my High School (Uniontown Lake) and owner of Romeo's Pizza is competing with "Team Ohio". Needless to say his pizza's are amazing and Romeo's while fairly expensive is probably the best I've had.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food-network ... index.html

Forgot to comment back on this.

Romeo's finished third to two over the top pizza's that didn't seem all that appealing to me. :(.

And of all places in the special they said Ohio has the most pizza per person in the US.

Triple-S

Unread postby Cease » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

So anyway, I'm opening a pizza shop in Medina and will now do a shameless plug on TCF. To my credit, I did reach back pretty far for this thread. And with that kind of attention to detail, my place has to put out a good pie, RIGHT?

Guys Pizza
800 Lafayette Road
Search Facebook "Guys Pizza Medina"
www.guyspizzaco.com

Stop in, ask for Cease. Maybe you'll get a free slice. Or don't.

Also, check out my jerseys www.jerseysyoudontwant.com (that's a joke)
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Cease wrote:So anyway, I'm opening a pizza shop in Medina and will now do a shameless plug on TCF. To my credit, I did reach back pretty far for this thread. And with that kind of attention to detail, my place has to put out a good pie, RIGHT?

Guys Pizza
800 Lafayette Road
http://www.guyspizzaco.com

Also, check out my jerseys http://www.jerseysyoudontwant.com (that's a joke)

Cease,

Congratulations on owning your own business. The pizza menu looks real good. A good pie will cost you more but it is worth it. Medina is too far out of my way (over an hour) but i wish you the best. :cheers: :clap: :thumb up:
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Cease wrote:So anyway, I'm opening a pizza shop in Medina and will now do a shameless plug on TCF. To my credit, I did reach back pretty far for this thread. And with that kind of attention to detail, my place has to put out a good pie, RIGHT?

Guys Pizza
800 Lafayette Road
http://www.guyspizzaco.com

Also, check out my jerseys http://www.jerseysyoudontwant.com (that's a joke)

Thank God. I've enjoyed Guy's pizza when I worked in Euclid and I visit the on downtown. You're about a 5 minute drive from my house.Gettng tired of Hungry Howie's and the wife's preference of Little Ceasars. We avoid everything else in town. Until now that is. Good luck w/ the business. It's a little off the beaten path but if it's good, you'll ge plenty of business from word of mouth.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jjgmyers » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 am

DiStefano's at the corner of Highland and Bishop. There aint even a close 2nd to this place. Best "real" italian pizza out there.

Fuck the chains. All garbage. Romeos might be the most overrated. Thought their sauce was garbage.
jjgmyers
I Heart Fat Chicks

Unread postby jb » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:09 am

jjgmyers wrote:DiStefano's at the corner of Highland and Bishop. There aint even a close 2nd to this place. Best "real" italian pizza out there.

Fuck the chains. All garbage. Romeos might be the most overrated. Thought their sauce was garbage.

jjg, curious as to what consitutes "real" itlian pizza. One who knows tells me a heavy crust, morelikley to be a half sheet, and a sauce that isn't sweet. Her people come from mid-Italy. Truth?
jb

Re:

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:16 am

FUDU wrote:Let me ask this, this should tell a lot about what people know and don't know about pizza, what do you think is the best way to eat pizza to compare?

It's real simple, you only want a plain cheese pizza. To compare you should only be able to taste the dough (crust) sauce and cheese(s). Toppings really nullify a true comparison.

Nah, toppings matter if you don't always eat plain cheese pizza.

Many places buy cheap on the toppings or apply them meagerly.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 am

jb wrote:
jjgmyers wrote:DiStefano's at the corner of Highland and Bishop. There aint even a close 2nd to this place. Best "real" italian pizza out there.

jjg, curious as to what consitutes "real" itlian pizza. One who knows tells me a heavy crust, morelikley to be a half sheet, and a sauce that isn't sweet. Her people come from mid-Italy. Truth?

Not jjg, but my grandmother was right off the boat and hers was always sheet style and minimalistic. Also made a sauce-less version. Also excellent, but I don't consider either the best.

I don't require my pizza to be authentic to any original style.

I would agree with those that do not generally like too sweet a sauce, on pizza or pasta. Sauce and Crust are what distinguishes in my taste.

I don't claim to know the best, but Antonio's and Tony's from the parma area are my favs.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:58 am

I have no idea how La Gelateria at Cedar & Fairmount in Cleveland Heights didn't get in here yet. My future brother in law makes the best REAL wood-fired pizza anywhere. I say real because a lot of places use ovens that only look like wood ovens but they're actually gas. Best pizza in the area hands down. Also, they're authentic gelato is, IMO, one of the best desserts in C-Town. Try the Pistachio if you have a chance. You will not be disappointed.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

PreviousNext

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry