Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

What is the worst chain restaurant???

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

What is the worst chain restaurant???

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:53 pm

A girl and I were heading out for lunch yesterday and wanted something "different." Well, I hardly ever go to Tumbleweed so we chose it over the usual haunts (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Damons, etc.) Jumping Jesus on a pogostick. It was like a dirty Mexican puked on a plate and called it a burrito. And today I'm really regretting going there......
Discuss...
Tymaster

Re: What is the worst chain restaurant???

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Im tempted to say Olive Garden simply because the prices there have skyrocketed. But damn that salad and breadsticks are awesome

My vote goes to Applebees and TGI Fridays, never been a big fan of either
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Tymaster » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Ziner wrote:Im tempted to say Olive Garden simply because the prices there have skyrocketed. But damn that salad and breadsticks are awesome

Last time I went to Fridays it was vile.
Applebees I don't really think of as a "restaurant." More of snack shack with 1/2 price beer. I don't go there often, but I'm known to chow down at happy hour.
You're right about OG and their prices. It's insane. Pasta is cheap too!
Tymaster

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 pm

Tymaster wrote:
Ziner wrote:Im tempted to say Olive Garden simply because the prices there have skyrocketed. But damn that salad and breadsticks are awesome

Last time I went to Fridays it was vile.
Applebees I don't really think of as a "restaurant." More of snack shack with 1/2 price beer. I don't go there often, but I'm known to chow down at happy hour.
You're right about OG and their prices. It's insane. Pasta is cheap too!

Here in Chicago the Tour of Italy costs like 15.99, I can go downtown to one of the nice fancy resturants and get me myself some high quality italian for less than that shit.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm

Denny's
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby mswerb » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Eat' N Park, hands down.
Food was horrible, straight up horrible.
I went there a while back before hitting up the movies, and felt as if I was in a nursing home cafeteria, HORRIBLE.
Needless to say, I have not been back.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:24 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:Denny's

I forgot about Dennys, holy shit is that place bad. Everything there is awful except the hashbrowns. I change my votes... Denny's in a landslide
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Ziner wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:Denny's

I forgot about Dennys, holy shit is that place bad. Everything there is awful except the hashbrowns. I change my votes... Denny's in a landslide

Denny's 100% all about drunks, whether at 2am, or 10am for the hungover ride home from that strange girls house.

No longer considered a restaurant IMO.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Tymaster » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:55 am

I wasn't even considering Dennys or Awful House in my equation.....
Tymaster

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:31 am

Tymaster wrote:I wasn't even considering Dennys or Awful House in my equation.....

No doubt, Waffle House (love the Awful House name) is some of the worst shit that has ever entered & exited my bulk
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:30 am

waborat wrote:
Tymaster wrote:I wasn't even considering Dennys or Awful House in my equation.....

No doubt, Waffle House (love the Awful House name) is some of the worst shit that has ever entered & exited my bulk

Don't knock the waffle house, that place is awesome. some of the most delicious waffles and hashbrowns anywhere
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Olive Garden, just from the standpoint that you can get much better (homemade) Italian food at so many other places for at or below the Olive Garden price.

Just goes to show how much of business the marketing side is. Commericals that make it look like you're in Italy, free salad and breadsticks, etc.

Never been a big chain fan. Have a couple kids though ... and they're unavoidable. You go out with young kids, you need loud places. Chains are loud.

My favorites? Outback Steakhouse and Rocknes. I've also learned to love the Fiesta Lime Chicken at Applebee's. Also, when multiple sporting events are on, Damons works.

I avoid most other chains like The Plague.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:46 pm

Swerb wrote:Olive Garden, just from the standpoint that you can get much better (homemade) Italian food at so many other places for at or below the Olive Garden price.

Just goes to show how much of business the marketing side is. Commericals that make it look like you're in Italy, free salad and breadsticks, etc.

Never been a big chain fan. Have a couple kids though ... and they're unavoidable. You go out with young kids, you need loud places. Chains are loud.

My favorites? Outback Steakhouse and Rocknes. I've also learned to love the Fiesta Lime Chicken at Applebee's. Also, when multiple sporting events are on, Damons works.

I avoid most other chains like The Plague.

Anywhere you can go and get 24oz Foster's on tap served in a chilled mug is A-OK with me. The Outback could survive on that alone. But I also like the seasoning on the steaks and their steamed veggies are outstanding too.

I concur with Denny's as the worst. I don't mind the occasional eggs and hashbrowns at 3am but I'll pass if Denny's is the only option and during regular diner hours there are far better greasy spoon options.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Ziner wrote:
waborat wrote:

Don't knock the waffle house, that place is awesome. some of the most delicious waffles and hashbrowns anywhere

Sorry, I don't see any difference between theirs and any other greasy spoon place...not to mention that you'll drop about $7-9 per person for their tiny portioned slop

You want good breakfast food then stop by Cracker Barrel for the same price

I agree Swerb with Damon's being one of the better chains out there
waborat

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Not at all impressed any longer by Max & Erma's or Bob Evans as far as chain restaurants go. One is too high priced (smaller portions), the other it seems the food continues to go down in quality with each visit. Just my two cents.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Fermin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:34 pm

While Bob Evans is truly awful, they exist for the elderly market.

The hands-down worst is T.G.I. Friday's. Not even close.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39378
Fermin

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Bob Evans rules.
I love the frech toast, and the prices!
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby idoctribefan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:32 pm

I love greasy breakfast food, so I'm all about Denny's, Bob Evans, and Waffle House. However, every time I've ever eaten at a Perkins I've had terrible service. And I dunno if the food there is actually worse (maybe the poor service just makes it seem worse). But for me Perkins is at the bottom for breakfast.

TGI Friday's is near the bottom for lunch/dinner. Their prices aren't worth what you get. Unfortunately Friday's is my wife's favorite place "because of their fun drinks" :bag: Applebee's has a pretty good late-evening happy hour that we frequent. Ruby Tuesday has good burgers and salad bar.

But the absolute worst I think is Macaroni Grill. Haven't been there in a few years, because I swore it off. WAY overpriced and portions are real small. Don't know if they still do this, but they had live music the few times I went and the singer and violinist were extremely annoying.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Haven't been to a Perkins in a while. Remember them having excellent pancakes. Back in our bachelor days when I lived with Pup, we'd go there every Saturday morning and eat breakfast. Then, after we finished eating, we'd watch Pup continue eating for another 20 minutes or so.

Then, the Sunday morning bachelor breakfast moved to Yours Truly. Great breakfast. Even better service.

Then, I moved in with my wife to be, and we continued going to Yours Truly for breakfast.

Then we had kids and now we're big losers.

The End
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby papacass » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Any thoughts on Red Robin? Seems like the kind of place one would either love or hate. I like several of their burgers, and I guess you can't go wrong with bottomless fries. But the decor looks like a theme park threw up inside of Pee-Wee's Playhouse and they called it a burger joint.

And the incessant birthday song that the wait staff is forced to sing. Every 10 minutes, it seems. There can't be THAT many people who go to Red Robin for their b-day. Some people are violating the honor system, methinks.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Applebee's for me, those bone chips in BBQ sauce they claim to be riblets are brutal...................
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:27 pm

Not taking into account the milkshakes (which are quality), I've had some pretty shitty experiences at Steak N Shake. But again, like Dennys, makes their killing off of drunks.
mikebrownz26

Favorite Player: Phil Dawson
Least Favorite Player: Scott Stewart

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:45 am

Ziner wrote:
waborat wrote:

+1 Love the Waffle House.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby idoctribefan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 am

Papa Cass wrote:Any thoughts on Red Robin? Seems like the kind of place one would either love or hate. I like several of their burgers, and I guess you can't go wrong with bottomless fries. But the decor looks like a theme park threw up inside of Pee-Wee's Playhouse and they called it a burger joint.

Yeah they do this at Friday's too. Let's just glue some random shit to the walls. It'll look awesome. Ruby Tuesday used to do this as well but the last few times I've been to various Tuesdays it looks a little more classed up. Buddy of mine asked them why they changed it and they said the national HQ wanted to distinguish themselves from those type of places (Friday's, Applebees, etc.)
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:15 pm

waborat wrote:

Shut yer scattered, smothered and covered hole.

WH rules. WH for lunch, and the castle for dinner.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Dozen wrote:Applebee's for me, those bone chips in BBQ sauce they claim to be riblets are brutal...................

Nailed it. They have the nerve to serve the throw away trimmings from Smokey Bones and call them riblets.

Crapplebees sucks.

Fridays sucks.

Denny's "sausage" is Soylant Green.

Had some bad IHOP experiences lately.

Red Lobster should be illegal except for the biscuits.

Olive Garden is lame & overpriced, but their salad dressing contains crack. It is outstanding. 24 fat grams / serving. You want bad Italian food?

Fazoli's.

BTW - McDonalds is so aweful it should just fold up shop. They count?
Last edited by jb on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:19 pm

idoctribefan wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:Any thoughts on Red Robin? Seems like the kind of place one would either love or hate. I like several of their burgers, and I guess you can't go wrong with bottomless fries. But the decor looks like a theme park threw up inside of Pee-Wee's Playhouse and they called it a burger joint.

Yeah they do this at Friday's too. Let's just glue some random shit to the walls. It'll look awesome. Ruby Tuesday used to do this as well but the last few times I've been to various Tuesdays it looks a little more classed up. Buddy of mine asked them why they changed it and they said the national HQ wanted to distinguish themselves from those type of places (Friday's, Applebees, etc.)

Ruby Tuesdays did ditch "The Flair" (Office Space) . Their burgers and salad bar are top notch.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 pm

And the incessant birthday song that the wait staff is forced to sing. Every 10 minutes, it seems. There can't be THAT many people who go to Red Robin for their b-day. Some people are violating the honor system, methinks.

Free refills of steak fries. never a bad thing.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:25 pm

fundamentals wrote:Not at all impressed any longer by Max & Erma's or Bob Evans as far as chain restaurants go. One is too high priced (smaller portions), the other it seems the food continues to go down in quality with each visit. Just my two cents.

Fund - ever get max & Erma's cookies for desert?

Other than that, it's Fridays, but dang thoe good.

I have no clue how you hate on Bobs'.

The only known cures for a bad hangover are Bob's sausage gravey and weed, and I don't do weed at my age. Fluffy biscuts, Pup-sized portions..... how can you go wrong except for the price.
jb

Unread postby waborat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 pm

JB wrote:
scattered, smothered and covered

It took us a trip to one in Georgia to see how they came up with that name after seeing the cockroaches in the place (yes, true story)
waborat

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm

JB wrote:Fund - ever get max & Erma's cookies for desert?

Other than that, it's Fridays, but dang thoe good.

I have no clue how you hate on Bobs'.

The only known cures for a bad hangover are Bob's sausage gravey and weed, and I don't do weed at my age. Fluffy biscuts, Pup-sized portions..... how can you go wrong except for the price.

I will take your cookie idea up sometime soon.
Bob Evans drives me crazy. I get wiggety wacked going there. The crowd frightens me.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby papacass » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm

JB wrote:Ruby Tuesdays did ditch "The Flair" (Office Space) . Their burgers and salad bar are top notch.

It took me until a couple of years ago to realize that Jennifer Aniston's boss in "Office Space" was Mike Judge in the flesh. I forget what he lists himself as in the credits.

But I digress.

What about Cici's? They're sprouting up everywhere. A proliferation reaching Chipotle proportions. I've eaten at Cici's a few times. Pizza is OK, but I've had much better. Salad is so-so. Pasta ... I can make it better at home with Target-brand rotini and a jar of Newman's Own. Soup is salt water and macaroni.

In the end, Cici's is geared more toward kids. Chuck E. Cheese without the costumed rat. The food reflects that. And the fact that Spongebob is on a minimum of one TV at all hours.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:16 pm

I avoid Longhorn like the plague. Had two pork chops there once and they were undercooked enough to make me sick. If you can't handle that, then I don't trust your steak.

I'm not a big fan of Outback either.

I love Applebee's, though. I notice a lot of Applebee's hate in this thread. I really like their food, it's reasonably priced, and one of the places my girlfriend and I go when we want to get some food after a game. I'd love to go to Local Heroes more often after Indians games, but then you have to physically walk to Tower City instead of taking the walkway. Not a fan of that idea late at night.

On Red Robin: I'm a fan, but my girlfriend likes her burger really well done, to the point of burnt. Since they don't grill them or anything, she usually has to send it back because it comes out pink. That alone keeps us away from there more often than not. The bottomless fries is a great idea.

Denny's is great on Fridays after I get done playing open hockey at 11:30 and want something to eat.

I notice some Olive Garden hate in here. Anyone recommend a better Italian place on Cleveland's west/southwest side (Parma, N. Olmsted, Cleveland areas)?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Papa Cass wrote:
What about Cici's? They're sprouting up everywhere. A proliferation reaching Chipotle proportions. I've eaten at Cici's a few times. Pizza is OK, but I've had much better. Salad is so-so. Pasta ... I can make it better at home with Target-brand rotini and a jar of Newman's Own. Soup is salt water and macaroni.

In the end, Cici's is geared more toward kids. Chuck E. Cheese without the costumed rat. The food reflects that. And the fact that Spongebob is on a minimum of one TV at all hours.

That cinnamon roll stuff they have there is top notch though. Probably 100g of fat per serving, but delicious. Pizza was pretty average, but bad pizza is still pizza. And if it sucks you just throw it away and find a fresh slice.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:I avoid Longhorn like the plague. Had two pork chops there once and they were undercooked enough to make me sick. If you can't handle that, then I don't trust your steak.

I'm not a big fan of Outback either.

I love Applebee's, though. I notice a lot of Applebee's hate in this thread. I really like their food, it's reasonably priced, and one of the places my girlfriend and I go when we want to get some food after a game. I'd love to go to Local Heroes more often after Indians games, but then you have to physically walk to Tower City instead of taking the walkway. Not a fan of that idea late at night.

On Red Robin: I'm a fan, but my girlfriend likes her burger really well done, to the point of burnt. Since they don't grill them or anything, she usually has to send it back because it comes out pink. That alone keeps us away from there more often than not. The bottomless fries is a great idea.

Denny's is great on Fridays after I get done playing open hockey at 11:30 and want something to eat.

I notice some Olive Garden hate in here. Anyone recommend a better Italian place on Cleveland's west/southwest side (Parma, N. Olmsted, Cleveland areas)?

There's a Carrabba's on Tiedemann. Little pricey, but probably the best chain Italian out there.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:29 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:There's a Carrabba's on Tiedemann. Little pricey, but probably the best chain Italian out there.

Yeah, I've been to Carrabba's. Honestly, I didn't think it was any better than Olive Garden and it was a bit more expensive. I've also eaten at the one in Canton, that one was the same.

I've heard Romano's Macaroni Grill is good, but I've never been there.

Also for chains, forgot to mention. Love Cracker Barrel.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:There's a Carrabba's on Tiedemann. Little pricey, but probably the best chain Italian out there.

Yeah, I've been to Carrabba's. Honestly, I didn't think it was any better than Olive Garden and it was a bit more expensive. I've also eaten at the one in Canton, that one was the same.

I've heard Romano's Macaroni Grill is good, but I've never been there.

Also for chains, forgot to mention. Love Cracker Barrel.

I think it depends on what you're eating at Carrabba's vs. Olive Garden. Macaroni Grill is above Olive Garden for me but below Carrabba's.

Cracker Barrel is some good stuff. Really like their food but can get OD'd on it real fast. Anytime I'm with my Dad we have to eat there, it's the only restaurant that has good food that he likes and a cheap enough price for him. He helped me move from Ohio to Texas and we ate every meal there for three days straight. Have done the same on other road trips as well. I guess it must be good if I can eat there for three or four days straight without wanting to puke.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:

Delsangro's... lasagna that comes out like meatloaf, and tomato sauce to die for. As someone who lived 5 houses from Mamma Santa's it is the 2nd best in the city.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby waborat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:02 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:Anyone recommend a better Italian place on Cleveland's west/southwest side (Parma, N. Olmsted, Cleveland areas)?

In Parma, I recommend the tried & true Stancato's on State Rd...always consistent when I'm on that side of town

Unfortunately ST, I prefer my steaks & chops undercooked and not like a leather loafer
waborat

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:33 pm

waborat wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:Anyone recommend a better Italian place on Cleveland's west/southwest side (Parma, N. Olmsted, Cleveland areas)?

In Parma, I recommend the tried & true Stancato's on State Rd...always consistent when I'm on that side of town

Unfortunately ST, I prefer my steaks & chops undercooked and not like a leather loafer

Corleone's in Parma. It's fantastic.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 pm

This thread is making me hungry!
I can't believe someone hated on Bob Evans. Breakfast gold. Breakfast gold........................
Tymaster

Unread postby Toxicadam » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Down in Columbus they have a Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise". It's frickin awful (big shocker).

I understand the Olive Garden hate .. but when you live in a smaller town (that doesn't have authentic Italian food), they are actually a decent place to eat. I think their Chicken Marsala is delicious .. and of course their salad and breadsticks are always good.

Almost every Applebees I have been to has horrible service. The food is all bland prepackaged shit. Nothing fresh.

TGIF is bad too .. but at least you can order their Jack Daniels line of food and make it out alive.
Toxicadam

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Toxicadam wrote:Down in Columbus they have a Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise". It's frickin awful (big shocker).

I understand the Olive Garden hate .. but when you live in a smaller town (that doesn't have authentic Italian food), they are actually a decent place to eat. I think their Chicken Marsala is delicious .. and of course their salad and breadsticks are always good.

Almost every Applebees I have been to has horrible service. The food is all bland prepackaged shit. Nothing fresh.

TGIF is bad too .. but at least you can order their Jack Daniels line of food and make it out alive.

I've driven by the Jimmy Buffett place. Looked scary to me.
Tymaster

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Yeah they count, but I think it is just assumed.

Worst part it they are not even fast anymore, totally no incentive to even pull in their driveway anymore.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:34 pm

FUDU wrote:

Worst part it they are not even fast anymore, totally no incentive to even pull in their driveway anymore.

The last time I ate McDonals I literally hurled. Bad stuff.
When it comes to fast food I generally like mexican places.
Tymaster

Unread postby waborat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Toxicadam wrote:Down in Columbus they have a Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise". It's frickin awful (big shocker).

Actually, it's really not Buffett's place (Margarittaville is natch)...it's owned by OSI (Outback, Carraba's, Bonefish, Fleming's, etc) and they lost a lawsuit years ago and have to pay JB for the rights to the name and give his charities cash over the year
waborat

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:41 pm

waborat wrote:

Actually, it's really not Buffett's place (Margarittaville is natch)...it's owned by OSI (Outback, Carraba's, Bonefish, Fleming's, etc) and they lost a lawsuit years ago and have to pay JB for the rights to the name and give his charities cash over the year

Of those OSI places I've enjoyed Carraba's and Outback. The lamb at Outback is off the hook.
Tymaster

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:48 pm

JB,

"Go to Red Lobster and get yo' self a nice meal"

Worst places?

Denny's is racist as hell from what I've heard, always sort of scared me off because of that and I've heard some stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landry%27s

These people should never be allowed to run a restaurant ever. Everytime I've been to a place run by them, they've screwed me over in some way shape or form.The Service SUCKS.

TGI Friday's and Applebee's are middleground. Good to go to if you just wanna get some food with your buddies real quick and then get out.

My favorite places are Quaker Steak (one of the few things the Inbred have ever gotten right :wow: ), Damons and Hooteres..For...the Wings...Seriously..for the Wings. ;)
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Tymaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Triple-S wrote:JB,

"Go to Red Lobster and get yo' self a nice meal"

Worst places?

Denny's is racist as hell from what I've heard, always sort of scared me off because of that and I've heard some stories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landry%27s

These people should never be allowed to run a restaurant ever. Everytime I've been to a place run by them, they've screwed me over in some way shape or form.The Service SUCKS.

TGI Friday's and Applebee's are middleground. Good to go to if you just wanna get some food with your buddies real quick and then get out.

My favorite places are Quaker Steak (one of the few things the Inbred have ever gotten right :wow: ), Damons and Hooteres..For...the Wings...Seriously..for the Wings. ;)

I seriously do like Hooters wings! Wings, oysters, and chili!
Tymaster

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:51 pm

FUDU wrote:

There's auctually a rebuilt Mickey D's that's not half bad around here. Good if you want to eat cheap. Get a double cheese burger, fries and it'll run ya about two bucks. Not bad.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Next

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry