Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Advocare

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Re: Advocare

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:02 pm

OK, it was me.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:12 pm

I will say that I felt great doing it. I didn't even feel bad the first 3 days. There was clearly some things I missed, like beer ( ask Peek how many times I texted him to bitch about not having any beer) but it wasn't that hard. I was eating plenty. In fact the hardest part was making sure I didn't skip something. I wasn't measuring portions or anything...just eating what I was supposed to in big enough servings to make me full. That and a shit ton of water. And I dropped 15 lb.

I'm going to continue to use some of the stuff. I haven't left the plan really. Still eating the same stuff basically and I'm down another 2 lbs since I finished.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:42 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
hebner20 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Update: Over the last year or so I've walked friends, family members and complete strangers through this program. 95% have had excellent results. About half of those 95% still use some of the products.

But up until recently I had never walked a complete and blithering moron through the program.

Consider that completed.

And the reluctant participant lost 15lbs and 10" in 24 days. On the road to being a little less of an idiot (by volume only).

I'm happy for the a-hole and I'm proud of him for stepping up and doing it right.

:cheers:

Congrats, Moscratch :clap:

I assume that is who you are talking about.

What?!? I never mentioned a name or anything. How dare you? ;-) ;) :wink:

Seriously WTF? Someone mentions complete and blithering moron and everyone assumes its me? That's bullshit. :fu:

I did say a-hole, too. That may have done it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Yes, A-hole was the dead giveaway. But the good thing is there's less A-hole than before, so there's that.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm going to walk people through the 24 Day Challenge after the holidays, do it myself again as well. Starting January 6th.

Haven't gained anything back of the 25 lbs I lost but doing it once a year is a good way to keep the momentum going.

You guys want to give it a shot, go to https://www.advocare.com/120528474/MemberHome.aspx and get the MaxE 24 Day Challenge bundle with whatever flavor shake you want.

That way you can actually have the stuff on hand and know that the resolution you make while you're eating and drinking like a viking for the next 6 weeks will actually be ready to roll the week after holidays end.

It also ensures that the stuff actually isn't back ordered and that you have it when we kick off on Jan 6th.

If you've done it feel free to say what you liked and didn't like about it. Not trying to sell a bill of goods. It worked extremely well for me and 90% of the people I've recommended it to.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:56 pm

You won't regret it.

It wasn't difficult. I wasn't hungry. If anything I found it difficult to eat all of the things I was supposed to be eating without skipping something. It wasn't long before I really felt great. I lost around 15 pounds and have kept it off. I started lifting and am I my best shape in years. After the holidays I plan to count calories and drop the rest of the weight I need to get to my target.

Things I didn't like: I didn't like not drinking beer. Because I like beer. But if I can't go 3 1/2 weeks without a beer that's a whole other problem.

It required more discipline than I'm used to. You actually have to plan what you're going to eat. You can't (at least I couldn't) just roll out of bed and head to work. You have to have your meals planned out. This is not a big deal for normal responsible adults, but I'm not one of those.

I love hard boiled eggs but it was strange using them for something other than a salt delivery apparatus.

If you do it, and I recommend it, make sure you ask Brian the best way to chug that fiber drink during the cleanse. I learned the hard way that's not something you can sip.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:12 am

motherscratcher wrote:I love hard boiled eggs but it was strange using them for something other than a salt delivery apparatus.

Suppository?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:56 pm

So how far from the nearest toilet must you remain during the cleanse phase of this program?
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:So how far from the nearest toilet must you remain during the cleanse phase of this program?

Not like that at all, Erie.

Not some violent, Dumb & Dumber deal. It's pretty tame. In fact, the pissing is more an issue because you're crushing water all day.

You won't notice much different on the other side.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 am

I have no idea how I would drink 100 ounces of water a day. I'm sitting around 60 now, and I need a Stadium Buddy just to drive across town.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am

Erie Warrior wrote:I have no idea how I would drink 100 ounces of water a day. I'm sitting around 60 now, and I need a Stadium Buddy just to drive across town.

Recommendation is half your body weight in ounces. Not saying that's written in blood but the more waterthe better.

Naturall appetite suppressant, excellent cleansing of the body, all that. You have to crush the water. And if you're already pissing like a racehorse the extra bottle or so won't cause much more duress.

Depending on your goals there's another regimen as well.

You want info on Lean in 13 let me know. Easier via PM or email (peeker643@gmail.com). You can also get me at 440-525-4573

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:49 am

I'm going to do the cleanse part of this and help lead anyone who wants to do the program starting January 6th.

You want to feel better, drop some LBs and some inches and get past the last few weeks of ridiculous food and drinks, go get a 24 Day Challenge bundle here: https://www.advocare.com/120528474/MemberHome.aspx

Or PM me with questions.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:24 am

FYI- the 24-day challenge goes on sale one time a year. Tomorrow is it. The link above will get you there if you want me to walk you through it or you have someone else who does.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Is there really an Advocare bowl game?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:13 pm

'bout to start this junks tomorrow. Been using the Spark+Catalyst as a pre-workout primer for a few weeks. Now it's all in.

Gotta fit into a Speedo for summer time!
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:'bout to start this junks tomorrow. Been using the Spark+Catalyst as a pre-workout primer for a few weeks. Now it's all in.

Gotta fit into a Speedo for summer time!

Only way to do it. Don't cheat yourself. You'll feel great in a couple weeks. First few days are rough because of all the habits you're breaking.

Not supposed to do it because of your procurement option but send PM me an email address and I'll send you a couple guides that will help. And when your friends ask where to turn you point to me ;-) ;) :wink: because having someone help you through it is worth it.

Send me your cell # too if you want to for text support.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Lost 12 pounds. Only a few inches, but I wasn't a slug before so I'm happy with it.

Good products. If there are any energy drink aficionados out there, Spark is the best I've had. No bubble gut like with Monster or Red Bull, better outcomes than 5 Hour Energy.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Lost 12 pounds. Only a few inches, but I wasn't a slug before so I'm happy with it.

Good products. If there are any energy drink aficionados out there, Spark is the best I've had. No bubble gut like with Monster or Red Bull, better outcomes than 5 Hour Energy.

Nice work on the Challenge, sir.

And, yes, Spark is excellent stuff. Still a staple in this house and has pretty much replaced all types of diet sodas. Also watching the kids drinking it during long days of volleyball and soccer tourneys and it's so much better an option than pop and commercial energy drinks. My youngest brother just finished and lost 14lbs and a couple pant sizes. More importantly, he's calling me daily asking what best options are in daily dietary choices.

Every little bit helps in terms of eating and drinking better after the challenge. Save some sugar, salt and processed shit intake and you can still your wings and beers occasionally without it killing you as quickly.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Previous

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry