Text Size

High School Sports

Maple Heights at Mentor

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

Maple Heights at Mentor

Unread postby E Rocc » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:46 am

Maple Heights moved from the LEL Erie Division to the Lake Division, which means last year's champs from each division will play Friday night at Mentor.

My alma mater Maple is 5-0, defeating their opponents 235-76. Mentor is 4-1, having beaten teams like Glenville, Strongsville and Solon.

We used to play Mentor every year in the old GCC and when we went there the Lake County officials weren't even subtle in their biases. The same thing happened to schools like Euclid, and even Eastlake North got screwed one year against Willoughby, by a ref who allegedly turned out to be the brother of the Willoughby South booster club chairman.

Hopefully that problem has been fixed as this should be an epic game and will be televised.

E Rocc

Unread postby yargs7 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:50 pm

I got a chance to watch the replay of the Mentor-Massillon game on FSN last friday night. Mentor looks like a really good football team. What channel is this game going to be televised and what time? I really enjoy watching these quality high school games on Friday nights.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Return to High School Sports