Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Rumblers cbssportsline.com pick 'em league . . .

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Rumblers cbssportsline.com pick 'em league . . .

Unread postby Big Lu » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:37 pm

Good league to join! Mention my name, Big Lu (Lucy Muttillo) so John knows you've been referred. League info below:
Drop me a line if you need something clarified. In the meantime, either mail your $50 to me, John Wineburg, 1046 Rafter Road, Norristown, PA 19403 or PayPal cash – sorry, no credit cards – to me at jvw0506@yahoo.com. I’ll email you instructions on how to join the group when I get your entry fee.

Scoring:
• Pool includes all NFL games.
• Margins provided by SportsLine.
• Ties go to player with closest total points for MNF game.

Deadline: • Picks must be submitted by one hour before week's first game.

• $50 entry fee.

GAME PLAY BASICS:
The object of the Sunday Rumblers is to accumulate as many points as possible by correctly picking the winning team in each of the games played during the regular season.

Each of your wins will count as one point and the player finishing with the highest season total wins the group.

Please remember that with point spreads involved, picking the winning team may not result in a correct selection. If the team you select is favored by 10 points, they must win by at least 11 points for your pick to be accurate.

DEADLINES:
The deadline to submit your final picks is ONE HOUR before the start of the first game of the week. For almost all weeks, this will be 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, but will change if there are Thursday or Saturday games.

POINT SPREADS:
A point spread is the predicted scoring difference between a game's two opponents. If you choose the team that is favored, they must win by more than the spread number in order for you to get credit for a correct pick. If you choose the underdog team, they must lose by less than the spread number in order for you to get credit for the correct pick.

The Sunday Rumblers use the point spreads provided by SportsLine. These spreads will be updated each day. Unless there are Thursday games, Thursday's lines will serve as the game's official spread. In weeks with Thursday games, Wednesday's line will be the official spread.

TIEBREAK SYSTEM:
In any week where two or more players finish with the same number of points, the Rumbler closest to the total points for Monday night's game will be declared the weekly winner. If a tie still exists, those Rumblers will equally split the $75 weekly prize.

Season-ending ties, as always, will equally split prizes.

PRIZES:
•Each weekly winner will get $75.
•The Rumbler with the most weekly scores at or above 50% will get a $300 bonus at season’s end. Ties share.
•The Rumbler with the highest single-week score of the season will get a $200 bonus at season’s end. If two or more Rumblers are tied, the Rumbler with the highest percentage correct in his high week will win. [So if one Rumbler scores 13 in a 16-game week, he’ll lose the tiebreaker to the Rumbler that scores 13 in a 14-game week, capisce?] If there is still a tie, however, the prize will be split equally.
•Payouts for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will come from the remaining pot and be 70/20/10 with ties sharing
Big Lu

Return to The Fantasy Forum