Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

New Proposed Trade

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

New Proposed Trade

Unread postby GreatGoo » Tue May 06, 2008 11:30 am

I get:

Johnny Damon

He gets:

Brian Roberts

This is a AL only league with 12 players. Its a very deep league. Right now i'm in 1st place. But i'm thinking about this trade.

I have Erick Aybar who could move to 2nd base for me. If i picked up Johnny i would be dropping Ben Francisco.

What you guys think?
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Damons on the back nine of his career. I expect him to end up right around where he did last year (.270 BA, .350 OBP, 60 RBI, 90 runs, 20-25 SB). If he does, he'll be very average over the last 75% of the season.

Aybar, not sold yet. Let me see it for another 20-25 games.

That said, Roberts is all but certain to get dealt at the deadline (NL likely) once the O's go in the tank.

Id hold off, but I could see doing it.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue May 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I wouldn't do it. If Kendrick ever comes back, Aybar's playing time will be severely cut.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby GreatGoo » Tue May 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Wow thanks for the help guys! You were a big help.
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Return to The Fantasy Forum