Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

A twist on "fantasy" basketball...(update)

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

A twist on "fantasy" basketball...(update)

Unread postby buddycowley » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Just a few days ago I read about this site called cyberdunk.com

It is considered to be a MMORPG of sorts, you get to "create" your own basketball player, get drafted into a league, and then the computer, every day, simulates a "game" allowing your team and player to accumulate stats.

You can hire trainers, buy new equipment, and you make money every day to spend on these kinds of things.

Thought it was a new twist so I thought I would share it with everyone. I'm enjoying myself so far. You don't really have to do very much, and, of course, it is free to own your own player.

If anyone is interested, send me your email and I'll send you out an invite.

Just thought I'd put it out there, I figure someone might be interested. I'm in the Russian League right now playing for the Vodka Nizhny Novgorod. Weird, but fun regardless.

Use this link - http://www.cyberdunk.com?ref=19874
Buddy

UPDATE - Anyone been active over the past few weeks? I know there were a handful of people that might have used this since I put the thread up.

If anyone new is reading this, the new season starts in about a week or so, providing a decent time for new people to jump in at the beginning of the season to appreciate the whole thing.

Remember, it is free, but you can spend a small amount of money ($4.50 and up) to buy points to make your guy better, faster. Not really necessary, but still.

I've got a lot of good hints to make money real fast, learning that betting is the key to making a crapload of money. I'm over $1 million!

Anyone?

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby buddycowley » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Aha. Needs a shameless bump too!

My player, Buddy Jones, is playing the USA Silver League now. Only a couple of games left in the year, and we're in 8th place. Not too bad.

I've trained Buddy up to a value 23.96. I'm the 100th best player from the USA! OK, not that impressive.

My wife has her own player now too. She's 6'9" and 260. Tell her she's fat and she'll shank you. She won a $250,000 1 on 1 tournament, surprised the hell out of me!

Feel free to check it out!

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby Guest » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:32 am

I've been looking at this site here and there.
It's okay.

Return to The Fantasy Forum