I am toying with the idea of starting a high stakes, dynasty fantasy football league. Let me know if you have any potential interest. I am only interested in active, serious owners willing to make a long term commitment to this league, as it would be a dynasty league where you keep your entire team from year to year and we just have a rookie draft annually, like the NFL.
Here's what I'm thinking ....
• Annual entry fee of $300-$400, 100% payout.
• Depending on how much interest there is, a 16 team league. Payout for 1st would be several thousand dollars. If enough interest, I love the idea of doing two separate12 team leagues with one title game. Maybe even a feature like in Premier League Soccer ... where the best 12 teams each year play in the "Premier" conference, with poor performers moving down to the second tier conference the following year.
• Online draft in early Sept. Likely use www.myfantasyleague.com as the league website.
• Pretty standard scoring system. Longer TDs more points. None of that crazy 1 pt for every reception or 10 yards BS.
• Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Six backups. 15 man rosters. Carry a 15 man roster all through the off-season into next year.
Some gimmicks I like that I may go with ...
• Team names would have to be a city in Ohio and a nickname. Once all teams are submitted, divisions would be aligned geographically based on where the cities are.
• Champion gets to rename the worst team in the league. Whatever they want. That team must carry that new name until the next time they make the playoffs.
• Homefield advantage in the playoffs to the higher seeded teams. Start out up 3-0.
• Waiver system where you are allocated X dollars for the entire year and bid on players each week with those dollars.
• Ability to trade future rookie draft selections in trades.
• "The Island" - each week the lowest scoring team in the league is kicked off the island. Payout to last team left on the Island.
• Massive engraved traveling trophy.
Let me know if you have any interest.