Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Our league thoughts and observations

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Our league thoughts and observations

Unread postby ramllov » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:11 am

Wish the IR was working on my team site. Oh well, extra players until I understand how the new system works.

I figured, I would take a different way to evaluate the draft.

I took a copy of the team totals prior to transactions. I thought this could be a fast way to look at the draft. Now many teams have injuries, rookies still in the minors and only so many players can play on a given day. Even some players will eventually be available to play in a new position.

So, this is a very rough look at where we stand after a very good draft and some observations.

Each year I look at the previous year's results and find a weakness and try to improve upon it. One year was saves, so I probably went over that area. It seems to have repeated itself this year. Last year was on base percentage. I believe at the end of the year I was 13th. Well, after this year's draft, I am 9th. Not so good. Hopefully a few players will have multiple positions and a few guys who are not performing as expected will sit on the bench until they get it right.

I did pretty good in pitching rating from 1 to 4 in all five categories. Knowing my self, ERA and WHIP will go up. I know my habits bad as they are.

My hitting is almost two consistent. The previous two years I did very well in runs. I cannot say that this year. Looking at the totals I am 14th. Now since there is over a 400 run variance, I imagine different members have a different number of hitters to pitchers than I have. I look at HRs and with a 12 and in other categories in the 9 to 11, it is obvious that I may have one or two too many pitchers.

Since only nine hitters can play at one time just like only seven pitchers it looks like where I may have too many pitchers some other members might have too many hitters.

No clear winner in the draft, but, the numbers are interesting.

I might run the numbers into totals later, if I have the time.

I got three of the four guys I wanted with my first four draft choices. Torres was a reach in the third round, but too many relievers were going and Gonzales (K) will not provide me with 24 saves this year unless Wickman gets hurt.

I noticed some members gambled on young pitchers, whereas I probably gambled on young hitters this year.

It was interesting to see how some members released a few keepers because they had so much great talent on their teams.

Good luck in the season. I noticed one member already has a thread to discuss his draft, so I guess I'll comment on mine in that thread.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Return to The Fantasy Forum