Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

We have 14 teams and a few surprises in our Keeper League

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

We have 14 teams and a few surprises in our Keeper League

Unread postby ramllov » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:39 pm

The season is now going to start it second month as May 1st is tomorrow.

Now I finished fourth and ended up rotating my picks with the team that placed third. It was an interesting draft and there were no major surprises, most members know what they are doing. We are in the fifth year or so.

The fun part about this keeper league is that it was not snake. You kept your 12 keepers unless, you were lucky enough to make a trade to get someone elses good draft choices for a player you would have had to cut. A few members made some nice trades.

Well, my season did not start out that great, but after about 7 days I was in contention. Well, my team in the first four or five years had great pitching and limited hitting.

Last season the hitting came around and I got some money. This year, I decided to cut a few players, I probably should have traded, since one was the first player drafted. My weakness last year was OBP. The hitter, who provided points in four of five areas should have been kept, but the OBP was just one area, that was weak and consistent with other players I kept.

So I gambled. This season starter great hitting and limited pitching. Look at Cliff Lee. Well, I got lucky because either my draft or the waiver wire but I am now about 20 points ahead.

Now that is not going to last, but it is fun while it lasts.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Return to The Fantasy Forum