Text Size

TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions

Question about next fall

Fire away! Your feedback is encouraged, and Swerb will address all questions, comments, suggestions, and concerns in here.

Moderators: The Tribe Zone, peeker643, swerb

Question about next fall

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 pm

Will there be any kind of forum to discuss the Lake Erie Monsters? I'm sure some pub for the site could make its way around the Q to the hockey fans.

If the site would need someone to write a little about hockey or something, I'd be happy to talk to you Swerb, or whoever's in charge of that. I'm a mass media communication and history double major at the University of Akron right now, so I have some sort of background.

Just throwing it out there, and understandable if that's not something you'd be interested in.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Tripods, I have been thinking about it. Im going to buy a 15 pack of tickets ... I got 1st dibs at seats as a Cavs season ticket holder. Go to 4-5 games, give some to the writers, give some away in website contests.

Im torn on whether to cover them or not. I think what I will end up doing is coverin em, but on a limited basis. Not daily game wraps, but maybe 1-2 Monsters writers that pen a column a week or so.

I think Gilbert is going to deliver a much, much more entertaining product than the Lumberjacks or the Barons. His problem now is that he's charging too much for seats. Trying to get close to NHL prices for minor league hockey. $60 a ticket for right down on the glass. Im looking at front row center clubs for like $28 a ticket. Sadly, its the best value ticket IMO.

Season starts in October. We'll likely start covering them on a limited basis in late summer. We'll talk in a couple months about you being one of my guys on it. Don't let me forget.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 02, 2007 10:07 pm

Sounds good Swerb. The ticket prices are just atrocious. For a minor league product in a major league city, it's pretty inexcusable.

We'll talk in August or September.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby furls » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 pm

You can watch major college hockey for $5.00 a seat in columbus, right on the ice. That was a great value and the major D1 hockey is pretty damn good.

Ohio State is pretty decent, but the compeitition that they bring in from the CCHA is some of the best in D1 hockey.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to TheClevelandFan.com Feedback, Suggestions, Questions