Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA FINALS

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA FINALS

Unread postby smalls1129 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am

Yahoo, no idea if you were just being funny or are full of shit but Steven A of all people just all but confirmed there's is some truth in that incoherent ramble you just went on. The fact that all he would say is that he's hearing but its none of our business makes it more believable to me. And the bottom line is these stupid rumors about some drama being in his life for the last year won't go away is curious.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:46 pm

This game tonight is one I'm really looking forward to. After the last 48 hours of heat put on James I'm wondering how he responds. Is it Game 3 vs. Celtics last year or does he melt further into the background because Wade has the offense in his hands?

Interesting article from Lebatard today as well talking about how these guys all season haven't really "shared" the ball so much as they've "taken turns" with it.

If LBJ is hurt and challenged and feels the need to put up 40 shots does that help the Heat or further hurt them?

Guy is taking shit even in Miami. Little chink in the armor. And it again shows who's the chosen one down there when LBJs performance is what people are bitching about as opposed to Wade missing a freebie and fumbling the ball on the OB play late.

Wade is Jeter (albeit a Jeter in his prime), LBJ is A Rod. He'll never, EVER be Wade down there regardless how much more talented he is.

So much intrigue tied up in another loss. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:04 pm

http://theboxhouston.com/entertainment- ... h-brinson/

saw this, thought it was worth posting.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Yes, because it always has to do with the woman. Quitting last year couldn't have anything to do with the easy road to the promised land not going through Cleveland any time soon. The dump he's been taking this year couldn't have anything to do with how its just now dawning on him that there are no easy roads. ::doh::
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Ridiculous rumor aside, I'm at a complete loss tonight.

I think LBJ is going to go insane, but I don't know how good that will be for the team.

I'm just straight lost.

Guy says Heat win another close one, but in Dallas it's just so effin hard to pick against the Mavs in a close game.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:06 pm

The only bet I'd make is that tonight's game will bring in the ratings.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Yep. That's the only thing I am sure of. Twitter all day has been in this weird "WTF" is gonna happen lul that reminds me of the weather right before a huge thunderstorm.

Everyone knows something loud and impressive is going to happen tonight, no one has any effin clue WTF that thing will be though.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:45 pm

More this...

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Down side of only 1 ball with 2.5 megastars. Taking turns can take its toll.

I'm sniffing Dallas blowout. Mostly because I am a fanboy and a hater (fuck rational arguments in sports), and partly becuse odds are we won't have another close game. (Miami already got theirs Game 1)
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:50 pm

LeQuit comes back with a vengeance and gets around 35 tonight, Heat take the next 2, lequit weaps at trophy ceremony and rambles on about this is for akron, and how it was the right choice, espn covers his ass...anyways..

anyone been checking out simmons new grantland.com project? it's pretty interesting, and I'm hoping it takes off.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Grantland can blow me as long as it is polluted by the cloud of douche that is Klosterman and Simmons.

Damn shame too because most of the writing staff is unbelievably talented.

Simmons and Klosterman have just become the most unbearable duo ever. Internet writing's version of Franklin and Bash, instead using pseudo intellectualism and populism instead of shamockery.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Or maybe Chalmers and Howard???
Orenthal

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm

I have never seen a team at any level, in any sport, that whined as much as the Heat, particularly LeBron, Wade, and Chalmers. Every time they lose the ball, they bitched about getting fouled and every time they get called for a foul, they bitch. I dont remember Lebron bitching that much when he was in Cleveland
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby pup » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:27 pm

redneckofsc wrote:I have never seen a team at any level, in any sport, that whined as much as the Heat, particularly LeBron, Wade, and Chalmers. Every time they lose the ball, they bitched about getting fouled and every time they get called for a foul, they bitch. I dont remember Lebron bitching that much when he was in Cleveland

:lmfao:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:27 pm

redneckofsc wrote:I dont remember Lebron bitching that much when he was in Cleveland

He did. Believe that. He's never committed a foul and never believed he missed a shot w/o being fouled here too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:46 pm

The NBA playoffs are the bestest
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 pm

^Um, is that what you meant by Kidd, Barea, and such making open shots?
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:51 pm

:-)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Fun continues here...
ETA
The link... Dumbass
http://www.nba.com/live1/
Terry great in this setting. No sports cliches, actual REAL feedback.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby redneckofsc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:58 am

peeker643 wrote:
redneckofsc wrote:I dont remember Lebron bitching that much when he was in Cleveland

He did. Believe that. He's never committed a foul and never believed he missed a shot w/o being fouled here too.

Guess I was just being too much of a homer. Looks like he not only took his talents to South Beach, but he took that VD and spread it with his team mates.

On another note, that old ass dude on the Miami bench, that played for Michigan, has got to be the biggest douche I have ever seen.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:30 am

redneckofsc wrote:I have never seen a team at any level, in any sport, that whined as much as the Heat, particularly LeBron, Wade, and Chalmers. Every time they lose the ball, they bitched about getting fouled and every time they get called for a foul, they bitch. I dont remember Lebron bitching that much when he was in Cleveland

You serious Clark?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby DrPoove » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:37 am

peeker643 wrote:

We all had our homer colored glasses on. We are experiencing the clarity like a guy that was dumped in a shitty way by a hot chick. She's still hot but we are able to notice her faults and warts now and we are not going to make excuses for them because we aren't together anymore.

That being said, this isn't a done deal, sadly the Heat are more than capable of taking the next two and winning the whole thing.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby redneckofsc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:00 am

Atleast we know it wasn't the Cavss fault for not bringing in someone to help him. If LeBron cant win with Wade, Bosh, Miller, Bibby, etc, he can't win with anyone.

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:06 am

redneckofsc wrote:Atleast we know it wasn't the Cavss fault for not bringing in someone to help him. If LeBron cant win with Wade, Bosh, Miller, Bibby, etc, he can't win with anyone.

Have you told Chris Broussard? He seems to think this is everyone's fault but LeQuit's.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:12 am

WTF, every time LeDouche craps the bed does there have to be something going on in his personal life (IE someone doing his mom or GF)? My question would be is LeBron simply not respected by his peers, is he considered a dueche by them as well, to the point that if any of the rumors were true and the players often know of the stuff going on do they simply get laughs from it, or don't care enough about LeBron to not partake or not spill the beans? As ridiculous as these rumors get I guess it does have to make you wonder a little, personally I would love for any of them to be true just b/c.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:25 am

The rumors are retarded and have no validity. Scream A Smith opened his mouth on Mike and Mike yesterday morning about "personal issues" bothering LBJ and then twitter took off.

I am now dumber for acknowledging that the rumors exist.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:36 am

Pretty much how I feel, but that fact that a year later the DWest rumor has never been fully put to rest and another similar story exists, and how these stories overlap the timeline of some pretty serious and questionable choke jobs...

IMO if anything is to explain LeBron's seemingly disinterest and poor performances it would be a rift of some sorts with Wade and the staff in Miami.

FTR I don't think LeBron is very respected by his peers, in an all around way both on & off the court.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:44 am

LBJ and Wade getting caught on camera making fun of Dirk being sick will have a bigger impact on how other players feel about LBJ than these stupid and pointless rumors.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:58 am

^ funny part or most telling part of that video is the fact LBJ only started up after Wade began the "coughing" bit.

Rumors or no rumors, LBJ is just being timid on the court. As I said after game 4, why is this guy not taking Kidd/Terry/Stevenson of the dribble? He backed up his missed 3 ptr as an open shot, I just missed it. He could give his teammates open looks close to the bucket by driving and drawing the double/triple team. He just seems resigned to facilitate from out top and hide.

Quietest triple double I saw in such a big game.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Rumors or no rumors, LBJ is just being timid on the court. As I said after game 4, why is this guy not taking Kidd/Terry/Stevenson of the dribble? He backed up his missed 3 ptr as an open shot, I just missed it. He could give his teammates open looks close to the bucket by driving and drawing the double/triple team. He just seems resigned to facilitate from out top and hide.

He's on the cusp of getting everything he wanted and now this. I'm having a hard time trying to understand it.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:12 pm

If you squint just right you can see Celtic green on the court and transport yourself to games 5 and 6 of last year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:If you squint just right you can see Celtic green on the court and transport yourself to games 5 and 6 of last year.

Exactly. I've felt last year's LeQuit was explainable as him going 'fuck it, I'm done carrying these humps.' But here and now with the team he's always wanted?
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:If you squint just right you can see Celtic green on the court and transport yourself to games 5 and 6 of last year.

Exactly. I've felt last year's LeQuit was explainable as him going 'fuck it, I'm done carrying these humps.' But here and now with the team he's always wanted?

Yep, last year was more than explainable as a preemptive plan, this year is WTF, you got the city and lights you wanted and you also have the coattails you needed. I don't care if this is only year 1 of this thing or not, if they do not get it done it is a huge failure, magnified that much more by LeBron Copperfield James' disappearing act.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm holding off judgement until after the series and more importantly after next year's playoffs (ESPN changing the narrative every five minutes on this series is already enough to make me ill), but we are clearly seeing the begining signs of a trend. It's not proven yet and could be reversed at any time, but something is starting to form and if it isn't altered by the man himself he might as well tatoo "I wish I was Scotty" on his forehead.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:32 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Easily one of the top 3-4 coaches in the league, and probably the most under appreciated.

FUDU

Unread postby redneckofsc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The rumors are retarded and have no validity. Scream A Smith opened his mouth on Mike and Mike yesterday morning about "personal issues" bothering LBJ and then twitter took off.

I am now dumber for acknowledging that the rumors exist.

Why would you listen to him. I change the channel everytime that douche comes on

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:21 pm

I didn't.

I won't listen to the poop spewing Mike's either.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby redneckofsc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:29 pm

I would rather listen to the View than to listen to mike and Mike

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm

L'bitch has no heart

Its just that simple.
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 pm

The warts are showing, no doubt. LBJ can't play w/o the ball and he can't post up. So nice of Spo to have him play off of Wade and also to post up 5-10 last night.

I hope it continues for at least one or two more games because I have a permanent smile plastered on my face.

Doubt they'll drastically change it now but maybe Wade's hip allows him to play 30 minutes but LeBron facilitates. That might be their only hope.

As to the above, I think his peers see him as we do: incredibly gifted and talented but ridiculously entitled, selfish and a douche.

And, if you believe the rumors, you're free to run a train on any female connected to him. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:09 pm

^
That was awesome, especially that last line.

Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:19 pm

You think CDT is in hiding because he doesn't want to admit TPeezy2 and crew ran a train on him?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 pm

The media has just lost it's freakin' mind. I'm trying as hard as I can to ignore this series, and it's just impossible. Even the Lowe's website has an article on what's wrong with LBJ.

I guess if LeBron should learn anything from the last 12 months, it's that being an attention whore can have its drawbacks.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:28 pm

I've completely ignored ESPN's coverage, outside of the games themselves, which..in theory I thought I wasn't going to watch..but some of a bitch, they drew me back into watch.

Series has been damn good, and am hoping that the Mavs can finish it off sunday, Dirk and Kidd finally get their well-deserved rings, Then all will be right with the world.

Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 pm

ESPN is the only peeps that have redefined the narrative of this series more than Madre... ;-)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm hands off now, man. Let me know when the ride comes to a complete stop.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby redneckofsc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I think this finally ends all arguments that LeBron is better than Jordan.

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Cease » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 pm

It ain't over til it's over, and that same stupid part of me that held out hope while the man played in Cleveland is the same part that will only be sated when the coroner is standing over the Heat's dead corpse.

Wildly entertaining NBA playoffs capped off by a wildly entertaining Finals.

The evolution of the "ref-to-player vantage point opportunity flop" has been interesting, as has Dirk's ownership of the big moment and one-legged fade away 18 footers. Gorgeous game.

Have been impressed that the Mavs don't kill clock, they continue to take plays to the basket as the game winds down. That's the killer attitude we never had here in the CLE. It's the anti-prevent offense.

LeChucker in Q4 puts a grin on my grill. Peace.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA