Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Safety not as settled as you'd like to think

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Safety not as settled as you'd like to think

Unread postby SOBO » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Got this little nugget from the Chicago Tribune....

3. Adam Archuleta, St Louis [70 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 INT] LIKELY DESTINATIONS: Chicago, Minnesota, Cleveland
SOBO
NFL Draft Guru

Unread postby SpaZDawG » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:18 pm

Hmm that just makes me wonder where that came from.

I loved crocker this year and russell had a mean streak which I liked but I think we could upgrade him easily.

I think us having cap room is going to put us on the list of many many FA's lists
SpaZDawG

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:27 pm

If I had to guess, I would say the Browns will look to upgrade Russell this off-season.

I like Crocker. He is smart, can play either safety spot, can hit, and doesn't hurt you in coverage in 4 WR sets.

Jones ... the jury is still out on. Looked lost this year, though he played pretty well on special teams.

Pool, again, it's hard to say. I like the fact Savage felt good enough about him to go after him with some serious names still on the board in the second. Part of me still thinks he may be better suited to play CB a la Anthony Henry.

Another couple FA names to remember at safety ... Lance Schulters (Mia) and Chris Hope (Pit).

Schulters was a pro bowler a couple times, had one real good season with SF, another in Ten. Played pretty well for the Dolphins last year.

Hope had a breakout year, is a UFA, and will not likely be resigned by the Inbred, as they rarely resign guys that play well enough to earn more $$$.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby DTrooney » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:34 pm

I wouldnt look much into it. That is just the Chicago Tribune staff speculating which teams he may go to.

Considering that the Browns have the most money in free agency this offseason (and simply our lack of overall talent), I am sure there will be plenty of speculation for a lot of the big names available...
AKA KronDawg
(Visit the Cooler at www.theobr.com)
DTrooney

Unread postby Guest » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:39 pm

Russell sucks
Safety to me is the biggest need on the team along with CBs
Archuleta is no better then what we have.
Whitner hopefully in the 2nd.Trade up to get him if needed.

Unread postby swerb » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Safety to me is the biggest need on the team along with CBs

Sadly, this is one of the areas I feel we are strongest at.

Baxter comin back, Cutch, Bodden resigned, the kid from Oklahoma (Perkins) we drafted ....

We definitely need to add a viable veteran safety to start alongside Crocker. I'd prefer it not be Russell. Jones, Pool ... you hope one of those kids steps up and gives you something as that 3rd safety.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:22 pm

Sadly, this is one of the areas I feel we are strongest at.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Then we are in much worse position then I thought

Daylon is a nickleback AT BEST
Russell blows
Crocker?
Bodden is average at best
Sean Jones must have fallen off the face of the Earth
Perkins? Did he even have a uniform this year?
DBs are GARBAGE

Unread postby swerb » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:32 pm

Browns were one of the best teams in the league vs the pass last year. Granted, that is somewhat a biproduct of people running on us, but they shut down some pretty good QBs this year.

Daylon will be a nickleback, even if they don't add another solid CB. Bodden had a very good season. Shut down Chad Johnson and several other solid WRs this season.

Crocker I thought played well. They do need to add another S.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:35 pm

They need 2 Safetys(Whitner)
They need 1 CB to go with Baxter(Jimmy Williams????)

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL