Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Kudla

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Kudla

Unread postby furls » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:30 am

Here I am, the huge buckeyes homer, so take my next statement with that in mind.

I sincerely hope that the Browns are able to grab Kudla in the mid rounds. I have had the pleasure to watch this guy develop through the last 2 seasons and because of the dominant linebacker play; he has slid under the radar.

I believe with absolute sincerety that he could be a very valuable asset in the Browns scheme. With the 3-4 you need STRONG athletic DE's. These DE's will be lining up primarily against tackles and they have got to be able to hold their own and at the same time, they need the athleticism to help contain the running game and provide some pass rush. Strength is one aspect of Kudla's game that is absolutely the most impressive.

Although he is undersized, at 6'3" 265, he is far and away the stongest player on the Buckeyes. Word is that his max Bench is 630 (not a typo) and he runs a 4.6 forty. That is a bizarre set of abilities. I just hope he is available in the 3rd round or so, but I have a feeling that he will not be. He is poised to break the current combine record of 44 repetitions at 225 (held by Tony Boselli) handily. We share the same barber shop and the barbers are saying that he says he is going to break 50.

I think this is just right the mix of strength and athleticism required by the Browns 3-4. Are there better DEs in the draft? Probably, but I am not sure that any of them are as undervalued as Kudla.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby OkiBrown » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:16 pm

Couldn't agree with you more on praying that our boys find a way to land Kudla. However I see him making the transition to OLB once he gets to the next level.

The biggest thing in his downfall might be the serious amount of medical questions he'll face regarding that disease he got after the NC game.
OkiBrown

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL