Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

We won a game!

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

We won a game!

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:35 am

Wow, nice comeback.

We better enjoy this one....will be our last for awhile. The schedule gets brutal from here on out really until the last few weeks of the season.

They needed that win....would have been devastating to lose to the hapless Raiders and have to go into this stetch of games without a win.

I'm seeing some good things out there from specific players (Droughns, Braylon, KWII, Frye, Wimbley).....but this TEAM is horrible. We look like we actually took a step back from last year.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby dpdad » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:42 am

It's good the Browns won, but I'm having a hard time getting very excited by it. Oakland is one of the handful of teams in the NFL worse than the Browns.

Special teams get credit for this win, IMO. Without the great field position provided by the Cribbs and Northcutt runbacks, I don't think the Browns could have come back to win this game.

I actually thought the team played with more intensity against the Ravens. Again, the Browns come out unprepared and fall behind early, which can only be attributed to coaching. Charlie Fyre was underwhelming, holding onto the ball too long on several sacks, and making a lob throw up for grabs in the end zone in the 4th quarter that most high school QBs would know better than to do. I admire his toughness, but Frye has shown very poor judgement at times, and has to learn when to get rid of the ball.
dpdad

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:00 am

Spot on about the coaching. I think Crennel is way over his head to be an NFL head coach. He won't be here much longer....
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:26 pm

I cannot believe Frye threw that ball, especially in the wake of last weeks debacle.

He's still young ... I know. But to make a throw like that, given what happened a week earlier ... it's concerning to say the least.

Agree with dpdad. The team once again came out flat and seemingly unprepared before adjusting well as the game went on. Another Romeo red flag.

And great special teams play this week. The Browns are very solid special teams on ST.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby yogi » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:33 am

I'm just not seeing the Browns like you guys are.

I'm seeing the good things and a solid base upon which we're building this time.

I don't blame you for seeing the negatives. Unfortunately, you guys are kind of conditioned to see the bad.

My perspective is this.

we have 2 legit superstars on the Offensive side of the ball in KW and BE. I like what I see from Frye, he'll need to stop throwing dumb INT's so often by the end of the year. The OL is playing better each week. JJ is somewhat healthy and will be invaluable to Frye on 3rd downs and GL situations.

Defensively, we have some young keepers for a change starting with Wimbley and Bodden. Our 2 young safties are gonna be in the top 10 safety duos in the entire NFL within a couple of years. Need to get more talent in the DL. LBs are fine.

We lost a game to the Saints we feel we should have won (note that the Saints are better than anyone gave thought they'd be) so I feel that we need to win a game no one gives us a shot to win. It might be this week with Carolina looking ahead to next week after a tough win last week. The typical "trap" game for them.

We won this week, stop with putting up red flags!
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Naxos » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 am

When was that win again?
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:31 am

Might be our only win....
consigliere

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Why in the HELL did they kick a frickin' field goal at the end of the game!?!
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby The Score » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Spot on about the coaching. I think Crennel is way over his head to be an NFL head coach. He won't be here much longer....

If he sticks with Carthon he won't be here much longer. An offensive coordinator that knew what they were doing would do wonders for this team.
The Score

Unread postby pup » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:05 am

Why in the HELL did they kick a frickin' field goal at the end of the game!?!

Romeo had them at +8
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:23 am

They were down by 11
Kick a FG makes it down by 8
They score and get the 2 pointer and we go to OT
Too bad it didn't work out.