Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Winslow and Edwards looking good

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Winslow and Edwards looking good

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:07 am

From the PD

Winslow impressive:
Tight end Kellen Winslow Jr., coming off surgery to repair a torn ACL, hasn't missed a rep in OTAs, Savage said.

"You'd never know he was coming off an injury," Savage said. "Every day, he makes a couple of catches where you just shake your head and say, 'This is how we remember him at Miami.' "

He said receiver Braylon Edwards, also coming off a torn ACL, is not participating in drills, "but he's been doing some running and he's been pretty impressive."

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:08 pm

It's a huge If, but If these two are able to contribute at even 80-90% of their prior skill levels, the Browns could have an imposing recieving corps for Frye this season, which will only help with his development.

I loved the Jurevicius signing. Hes exactly what the Browns have lacked since the days of Langhorne and Ozzie over the middle: a big savvy target with great hands that knows how to run routes.

Jurevicius, Braylon, and Winslow are a potentially dominant red zone recieving corp.

I also liked the pick of Travis Wilson in the 3rd round. Hes of the same ilk.

They've also still got Heiden, who has become a pretty damn good pass catching tight end the last couple years. I also am anxious to see more of Josh Cribbs and Brandon Rideau. And they've still got Northcutt as well.

However, common sense tells me it's still naive to expect that both of these guys will be ready to roll by the Saints game. And that either will be able to give us 13-14 starts.

Ya never know though.

One things for certain. I can't wait for Browns season.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:49 am

The receiving corps should be one of the most interesting units to watch this season. There appears to be a lot of talent for the young QB, and I will be looking forward to seeing who emerges from TC.

Winslow seems to be the forgotten man among the casual Browns fan. I think some are forgetting how much phreaking talent this guy has. A good TE is a young QB's best friend, so I expect Winslow to have a big year. He seems to have matured after suffering a career (and life) threatening injury, and from all reports looks dedicated to becoming a great player.

I don't expect Edwards to be ready for Week One...but I look for improvement from his first season, where we saw fashes of his talent. Receivers usually make the jump in their second year, so look out for another weapon.

The most intriguing battle will be for the #3 receiver. Who will win out...Northcutt or Wilson.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Collisions

Unread postby johnnyo » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:25 am

Think about the possible collisions between Winslow and Polamalu.

I think the formula is: Force = Mass x Velocity. Ouch.
Ride it like you stole it.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 am

Actually I think it is:

Force = Mass x Acceleration :wink: :wink:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:57 am

not trying to sound like a geek here, but...

You are probably more concerned with power (kinetic energy released per unit time) or impulse (change in momentum per unit time) as more accurate indicators of the devastation of a collision.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

i think pup is right

Unread postby johnnyo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:55 pm

i stand corrected.... but either way, should be one helluva collision....
Ride it like you stole it.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL