Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Let's Talk Draft

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Let's Talk Draft

Unread postby Lebowski » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:45 pm

This is the most excited I have been for the NFL Draft since 99. A solid draft could make our loveable losers actually <gasp> good in 06. I'll pose a few questions and would like some responses. Feel free to throw in some questions of your own and we'll track this through the draft.

Trade down in the 1st?

This is what I am hoping for. I think we sit in a spot where one or two highly valued players could drop that the Browns aren't exactly interested. I could see one of the QBs (probably Cutler, maybe Young) falling to 12. If Cutler is there, I think there is an off-chance of someone wanting to trade down to get him. The better situation would be if Young fell. I have to think that there would be serious value to be had in a trade down in that situation, especially with Baltimore at 13. Gives us good leverage. I think Minnesota could be interested in one of the QBs. Possibly Denver with an aging starter and 2 picks in the 1st round.

Another interesting player to think about is Michael Huff. There is a good chance that Huff could be the best player sitting at 12, but with young players in Pool and Jones, I find it unlikely Phil selects MH. I could definately seeing the scenario where a team would fall in love with him and what to make a deal for our pick.

What do you want out of our first day picks?

For me, at the very least we need to take two front-seven defensive players. I could live with a Guard in rd 3, but honestly would be happier with some combo of DT, LB, and LB on day one.

Pick a player, pick a round

What is one player do you think the Browns will land? And in what round?

Mine is Kai Parham in the third. I think he fits the system perfectly and would be great value in the top half of that round.

Greenway vs. Ryans?

Chances are both will be there at twelve. With Ngata off the board, Phil will look at LB. Who's your guy?

I like Ryans. I saw a lot of Greenway and was unimpressed. He looked good as a junior, but slipped as a senior after loses some key players around him. We know Phil has followed Ryans for a long time. Just seems to make too much sense.[/b]
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby gardawg62 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:02 pm

If Vince Young is there in the 12th, then we should take him, It doent matter how he does on a test. What matters is what he can do on the field. Which from what I have seen is pretty good.
gardawg62

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:18 pm

I like Jimmy Williams from Va Tech
I wanted De'Angelo Hall in the past
Pair him up with Baxter and we're good to go at CB for 5 years.
I am pumped for the draft, too bad it's a month away still

Unread postby Lebowski » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 pm

You wanna go JWill with Baxter, Bodden, and Cutch in the fold?

No thanks.

Front 7 w/ the first three picks. I'd be happy with Ryans, Wright, and Parham.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:08 pm

I am not sold on Bodden, I hope I'm wrong
Cutch is a nickle back at best in my eyes.
How about we move up and get AJ Hawk??

Unread postby Lebowski » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:10 pm

Well Savage apparently is since he signed him to a long-term deal this offseason. Cutch is a solid nickle. Baxter and Bodden start in 06.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby Guest » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:20 am

Like I said, I sure hope I'm wrong.

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:49 pm

No way the Browns take a CB.

I'd be very surprised if they don't use that first pick on a DL. Bunkley, Ngata, Wimbley, Lawson, or Hali.

I think the chances are more likely than ever that the Browns will trade out of their spot in the 1st rd, and that it will be down. Especially if Ngata and Bunkley are off the board. I think the Browns may be willing to take a little less than chart value, and that there will be people looking to deal up to get a shot at a Lendale White, DeAngelo Williams ... or maybe even a falling Huff, Williams, or Cutler.

With two 4th's, and maybe another coming for Faine, potentially another pick added in a move down from #12 ... I could easily see Phil using some of that ammo to get another pick in the 2nd, maybe even a 1st or 2nd next season.

Greenaway and Ryans, from everything I'm seeing, have slipped to bottom of the 1st rd type guys. I think either would be a reach at #12 and that they could move down 10-15 picks and at the worst be able to land one of em.

Me personally, I'd love to see the Browns land a DE. I love Bunkley from the respect that he could be used inside our out. Hard not to like the thought of Ngata, who learned from a great NT at Oregon, teaming with and getting a little pro tutelage from Big Ted.

Can't wait for the draft ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lebowski » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:07 pm

Greenway seems to be slipping big time. Ryans also. Both should be late first rounders. If Ngata is gone, I gotta think we look hard to a trade down. There should be several players on the board that other teams will be salavating over (Huff, Cutler, White). Maybe Phil looks at Bunkley at twelve (if Ngata is gone) but I wouldn't be too excited over him. Would rather have Ngata or a trade down where we could get Carpenter, Ryans, or Greenway (or even Bunkley at more value later).
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL