Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

McGinest visiting ?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

McGinest visiting ?

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:55 am

Pasquarelli is reporting McGinest is visiting Cleveland today.

Could Chaun Thompson's days as a project be over ?

I also take this as a sign that Edwards is coming here.
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:31 am

I think regardless of whether or not they add a Kalimba Edwards or a Willie McGinest, Chaun Thompson will be the other starting OLB.

Supposedly, Kalminba Edwards dad does not want him to play here for whatever reason.

Another one of the nice things about the signings this weekend, is that they could help lure a guy like McGinest here, who wants to go to a team that can win with his career on the back nine. Same with Washington, who cited the teams desire to compete this year as a reason for coming over.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:00 am

hmmm, desire to win this year? Then who is going to start at QB? will it be Dilfer or Frye? I like Frye, but is going to be able to step up and lead this team somewhere?

These are not rhetorical questions, they are real. Just wondering what you guys think because I really am unsure. I was not ultra impressed with Dilfer last year. While I think he is solid I am just not sold that him starting next year is in the long term best interests of the team. Frye did show some promise last year.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:06 pm

My question is, why would they bring McGinnest in after Edwards? It seems as tho Willie was plan B after the problems with Edwards's father. If they were interested in Willie all along, why wouldnt they have targeted him before Edwards, since he is definately the superior player? Would money be that different? Just seems a bit odd to me.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL