Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Big Ball Phil Savage?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Big Ball Phil Savage?

Unread postby pup » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:32 pm

He would have to be to get into this mix, but imagine the possibilities.

Adam Schefter from the NFL Network told Ben Maller on FOX GameTime Live Monday, that he thought Larry Johnson would hold out during training camp, if he doesn't get a new deal from Kansas City: "I believe that we will not see Larry Johnson in KC until he has a new contract. He will not be there under the existing terms of the contract. He's made too much noise, it's too important to him, there is too much money going around at that position." Would they trade Johnson? "No matter what they said, they were floating his name around the league. If they could have gotten a one, two, and a three, they would have dealt him.

Now, I am not saying three first day picks should be sent out, but I would have to think we would be interested in staying in contact with the Chiefs here, no?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:27 pm

He carried the ball a ton last year. I could see signing him in free agency, not sure i would want to see the Browns use any first day picks on him.
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:03 pm

He better get a new deal. A few more years of Herman Edwards giving him 9,000 carries ay ear and his career will be over.

If I were Larry Johnson and saw any video of how "The Tyler Rose" is moving around nowadays, I'd have some concerns.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL