Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Bentley Decides NOT to Have Surgery Might play in '07

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Bentley Decides NOT to Have Surgery Might play in '07

Unread postby Crash Davis » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:14 pm

"LeCharles Bentley will not have surgery, Browns general manager Phil Savage said Tuesday afternoon. Bentley will wait another three or four weeks and then decide whether to give training camp a try."

I imagine if it works out one of the most likely scenarios is that he'll get PUP listed and give it a try after week six
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:16 pm

Thomas, Steinbach, Fraley, Bentley, Shafer

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Crash Davis » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:17 pm

I am with ya Pup as I would think RG would be a better spot to alternate him and McKinney until he's ready to go maybe as late as week 7. Putting him at Center then may throw off the line alittle with Fraley making the calls up until that point.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby General » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:24 am

Why all of the subterfuge on this one? Why doesn't the player talk directly to management instead of his agent? Everything I read on this one has team officials contacting the agent, the agent contacting the team. Isn't Le-Comp Claim under contract with The Browns? There must be some language in his contract concerning issues of this nature. Finally why isn't Browns management, ie Savage and RAC demanding some concrete info and contact on this one from their employee? I really don't envision any meaningful contribution from Le-layout in our future. Granted it was a very serious injury, but his lack of contact with the organization and all of the mystery surrounding it is just flat out ignorant. Sign me out on this one as frustrated and exasperated and just plain fed up with pampered athletes.
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 am

I tell you what, General, I'm strating to land where you are.

There is something mighty rotton about this one in the way the rehab is being done. The piece indicated that Bentley might not even have the new playbook and savage didn't know if he did or didn't?

Wooooooooooooooahhhh.....

I think this suggests there is some very wierd stuff here even as Phil smooths it over by saying repeatedly Bently is unique. I think maybe LeChuck holds the team resposnible for a bothched surgury and is really, really pissed off at the team docs. That's one theory.

The other theory is he is a deep state of depression and he needs some counsling and shit. Listening to Phil on WTAM an dth einterview, it sounds as if he doesn't know whether he wants to play football. Well, hell, attitude is everything in rehab. Everything. Look at the progress Baxter has made !

He should be here at camps as part of the team like Winslow. It is hard to not begin to look critically at Bentley UNLESS he is really retired and in the whackey worlkd of the NFL doing the Browns a "favor" by collecting his millions rather than collecting them in retirement, but I don't know the cap acceleration rules regarding retirements.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:45 pm

I don't want to beat a dead horse but I think it is time everybody, meaning other players and all the fans/media, just put LCB out of their minds.

Odds are pretty slim he suits up this season, and if he were to return in 08 to what form would he be returning to?

The guy will have been completely removed from football for over 730 days at that point. Not only physically will he be a shadow of himself but mentally he won't be near ready nor will he possibly have the heart.

It will just be another chapter in the Browns ongoing book series titled What could have been?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby BadBecks » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Crash...

Rumor has it LaCharles has taken on a new point of view in which all future knee procedures to be facist.

Fortunately for LCB, he can't read enough William Blake or drink enough booze to find the circa 2007 Susan Sarandon mildly attractive.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Rumor has it LaCharles has taken on a new point of view in which all future knee procedures to be facist.

Fortunately for LCB, he can't read enough William Blake or drink enough booze to find the circa 2007 Susan Sarandon mildly attractive.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 pm

FUDU wrote:I don't want to beat a dead horse but I think it is time everybody, meaning other players and all the fans/media, just put LCB out of their minds.

Odds are pretty slim he suits up this season, and if he were to return in 08 to what form would he be returning to?

The guy will have been completely removed from football for over 730 days at that point. Not only physically will he be a shadow of himself but mentally he won't be near ready nor will he possibly have the heart.

It will just be another chapter in the Browns ongoing book series titled What could have been?

I think u nailed it fudu.
jb

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:19 am

Agree that LCB is essentially gone. I expect him to show up on an episode of Cheers any day now.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby psk678 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:15 pm

I agree it is somewhat convexing that he hasn't even looked at Chud's new playbook and the fact that he hasn't had contact with management in over 3 months....

But I look at it like this, maybe he just wanted to get out of there for awhile and concentrate on rehabbing his knee ( and from what I understand, Anthony Gonzales works out in Arizona as well, maybe its a OSU workout compound or something?).

But we should not write this guy off completly. He was a two time pro-bowler and if he can come back at 85-95% thats better than any lineman we've had since we've returned in 99.

Personally, I don't want to see him back this year. He needs to make sure he is 100% (or damn near) and completely assured he can play again.

....or he could retire.....
psk678

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:20 pm

psk678 wrote:I agree it is somewhat convexing that he hasn't even looked at Chud's new playbook and the fact that he hasn't had contact with management in over 3 months....

But I look at it like this, maybe he just wanted to get out of there for awhile and concentrate on rehabbing his knee ( and from what I understand, Anthony Gonzales works out in Arizona as well, maybe its a OSU workout compound or something?).

But we should not write this guy off completly. He was a two time pro-bowler and if he can come back at 85-95% thats better than any lineman we've had since we've returned in 99.

Personally, I don't want to see him back this year. He needs to make sure he is 100% (or damn near) and completely assured he can play again.

....or he could retire.....

Lots of dotes being connected that he just doesn't believe he can and will ever play football again.
jb

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL