Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

5QF - 4th of July Edition

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

5QF - 4th of July Edition

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:37 pm

1. What are you doing/did you do for the 4th of July this year?

2. What is your most memorable 4th of July?

3. How many movies (approximately) have you seen in the theater so far in 2014?

4. How many games do you think Josh Gordon will end up missing this year due to suspension?

5. Rant about something that it's likely no one else here will know what you're talking about.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: 5QF - 4th of July Edition

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:23 pm

1. What are you doing/did you do for the 4th of July this year?
I worked . . . and I was stuck working with my asshole boss, so it was even worse.

Partying with some Scottish Guys , meeting some girls and then *REDACTED* with this one girl in a dorm room when I was in New Zealand.

Zero. And this angers me. I used to go to the movies at least 2-3 times a month.

4. How many games do you think Josh Gordon will end up missing this year due to suspension?
All 16.

5. Rant about something that it's likely no one else here will know what you're talking about.
Seriously, this guy thinks I'm THAT FUCKING STUPID? He fucking told me HOW TO WRITE A GODDAMN EMAIL!!! Because I've never written an email in my entire life. I sit at home smoking Pop Rocks and watching reruns of Hee Haw. What are these crazy new-fangled Compooters? How about this? I'll send an email to his mother and tell her what a FUCKING DOUCHE her son is. Christ, he got douche all over me. I need a shower.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:23 am

1. Cut up a fucking tree that fell in the back yard, hauled wood around, hauled all the kids to North Canton for fireworks. Ate a double stacked cheeseburger.

2. I was pretty young, but for some reason the Bicentennial always sticks in my mind. Went with my parents' friends, they had one of those vans that had the couch and fridge in the back. Laying on a blanket on a lawn somewhere, tons of people around, a party/festival atmosphere, waiting for the fireworks... that day is what I think of when I think of the 70's, and especially when I'm listening to "Saturday in the park, I think it was the 4th of July."

3. 1? Maybe 2? I know I took the girls to see that stupid Divergent thing.

4. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to answer here, but now it's a no-brainer (much like Josh himself) that he misses 16 .

5. It was never gonna touch Sesame Street in terms of quality children's programming, but Super Why was perfectly acceptable and certainly effective in it's delivery of learning letters. But they ran out of ideas and - BAM! - let's introduce a talking dog that goes around with them! Just like that, the hell that is Woofster was born, Super Why's version of Scrappy fuckin' Doo. Just shut the fuck up, Woofster! Go on an adventure to China, end up in some chop suey. Goddam over-excited talking/flying dog - fly into a turbine engine, you mutt! Stupid fuckin' Woofster...
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby scrambler » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 pm

1. I walked the dogs then went to work.

2. I have no memorable 4th of July's. They all run together. Lots of them include fireworks shows and some family picnics. I didn't see fireworks this year, I worked.

3. I know I saw the Lego Movie with family. I think that's it.

4. I'd have to go with 16. I don't know how severe his problem is. I'm sure ESPN knows everything, maybe Skip Bayless can tell me.

5. Since this is 4th of July themed, after a careful study, I'm pretty certain the wrong side won the Revolutionary War (well, you know it's worth looking at at least form a Cleveland fan perspective!). Think about it. The overwhelming amount of Native Americans fought on the side of the British. As a Cleveland Indian fan that has to mean something doesn't it? Andrew Jackson was an asshole. As a Tribe fan I can't abide the trail of tears (although Chief Wahoo thought it a bundle of laughs evidently!!). Britain ended slavery in 1838 (maybe that makes an historical difference...no?). Canadian football rules are better than American football rules. Look at the size of that end zone!! The endzone size would have to benefit Johnny Football. Maybe Brian Hoyer would also like the endzone size...hmmmmm. So yes, in the end that is why it would have been better for the British to win the Revolutionary War...it benefits the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks. I've figured it all out now. Wait a second....aren't all the Cavs Canadian now?? OH MY GOD, THE BRITISH DID WIN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR, LOOK AT THE DAMN CAVS ROSTER!
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Hikohadon wrote:1. What are you doing/did you do for the 4th of July this year?

1. - went to my sister in laws for a cookout/party. They live in the Lima area and have multiple acres of land with a 2 acre pond.

2. Two come to mind. I think it was three years ago watching a Furthur concert at LC Pavilion in Columbus with Red, White and Boom fireworks going off in the air behind the stage. Went to a Dave Mathews concert at the minor league baseball stadium in Charleston, SC on the 4th.

3. - none but I saw a few I would have gone to.

4. Looking like all 16 to me

5. My boss is a whiny bitch
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 pm

1. Memphis-style ribs, BBQ pasta, BBQ nachos, Gentleman Jack

2. This past one, I suppose, since I remember very little about previous 7/4s.

3. Zero. I don't think I've seen a movie in the theater since Inglourious Basterds. For most everything else, I'm patient/cheap enough to wait until the Blu Ray drops under $15. (Sometimes I go wild and crazy and push that limit to $20!)

4. 19!

5. Jarred minced garlic? Really? WTF is wrong with you? Of all the things you choose to be lazy about and short cut on, you pick this one? Peel, smash, chop? That's really too much to ask? For something delicious instead of something awful? Your well-deserved eternal damnation should include you eating your jarred-garlic-laced feces and digesting them again and eating them again and digesting them again and eating them again and digesting them again and eating them again, and repeat until ∞...
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL