Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

5QF - Again

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

5QF - Again

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:51 pm

1. How much of the World Cup have you been watching? Your opinion on it thus far?

2. Who are the 3 LEAST annoying Disney princesses (they don't have to start out princesses, just end up that way)?

3. Who are the 3 MOST annoying Disney princesses (yes, with 3 daughters there's a lot of Disney princess shit on around here)?

4. Aliens kidnap you and stick you in a zoo on Centauri 7. They agree to provide you with one - and only one - album to listen to for the rest of your life. What album is it?

5. What household (indoor or outdoor) chore/task do you hate the most?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: 5QF - Again

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:00 pm

1. Probably about 8 games so far. I wish I could watch more. I've DVR'd some but then accidentally found out the score and then didn't bother watching. The World Cup is one of my favorite sporting events, and this one in particular has been very entertaining.

2. Belle (Beauty & the Beast) & Tiana (The Princess and the Frog), probably because they both started off as hard-working poor folk and not annoying spoiled brats, and Anna (Frozen) because despite being an idiot, she can fall back on the excuse of being mentally abused by her family for years.

3. Ariel (The Little Mermaid) is a fucking retard. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) is pretty dull, and Jasmine (Aladdin) annoys the shit out of me for some reason I can't pinpoint.

4. Appetite For Destruction - Guns n Roses. So many close seconds... White Album, Aenema, Ride the Lightning, Violent Femmes debut album...

5. Picking up sticks. No, wait, weeding. No, wait, interior painting. Yeah.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 pm

1. I have been watching as much as possible while traveling on business. Listening to commentators speaking Arabic is not all that much different from listening to Spanish speaking announcers on Univision. Just wait for the excited voice, increased volume, and staccato cadence and then pay attention.

2. and 3. I think this topic on Disney Princesses would be much more entertaining as the game Fuck-Marry-Kill. But this is your 5QF, which perhaps could lead to a Phoenix-like rising from the ashes for these boards, and I don't want to change the question.

4. Almost too tough to answer. Stones Let It Bleed. BTW, while we are in the zoo do the aliens want us to breed? 'Cause obviously that could change the answer to Midnight Love by Marvin Gaye.

5. Pulling weeds/scooping up dog shit.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:33 am

1. All of the US games, as many of their group games as possible, Italy, and whatever I happen to catch. Pretty exciting tournament so far. The only thing about the WC is you get all those clowns who don't like soccer telling us they don't like soccer, as if we gave a rats ass.

2. My grand daughter, 4 years old now. Moms Mabley's Cindy Ella. Cinderella (the blues/glam band).

3. Snow White. No way she lived with all those midgets and wasn't getting plowed by at least three. Tinker Bell, just gets on my nerves. Hell the whole cast does. Elsa, bitch is cold as ice.

4. Dire Straits Brothers in Arms or Springsteen The River. Honorary mention, Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight, ELO Out of the Blue, Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance.

5. With three teenage boys who can't aim, cleaning around the bottom of the fudge pot.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:01 pm

1. How much of the World Cup have you been watching? Your opinion on it thus far?
Half of the US games. Nearly zero of the rest. I love the fact that it is a global event, I hate the fact that it revolves around a sport that denies the use of the appendages that separate us from beasts
2. Who are the 3 LEAST annoying Disney princesses (they don't have to start out princesses, just end up that way)?
Blossom, Winnie Cooper, toddler Olsen twins
3. Who are the 3 MOST annoying Disney princesses (yes, with 3 daughters there's a lot of Disney princess shit on around here)?
Sara Palin, Jesus, adult Olsen twins
4. Aliens kidnap you and stick you in a zoo on Centauri 7. They agree to provide you with one - and only one - album to listen to for the rest of your life. What album is it?
Pearl Jam- Viatology
Weedeating. Fucking terrible. I'm buying a goat.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 am

1. As many games as I can and certainly all the USA ones. My time zone and my nocturnal ways mean I usually miss the early game. It is quite excellent tho.

2&3. I went to Disneyland with my nieces and they kept making me go see the princesses. Who are really, really, really hawt. In person I mean. I felt like such a perv standing there in my bunny outfit staring at teen-aged models dressed up as princesses.

4. Anything by the Brian's Jonestown Massacre as long as I have some pot seeds and mushroom spores.

5. Dishes. We don't have dishwashers in LA. At least not in the cool old places us cool people live in cause they're cool. And when I say old, I mean 100 years. Which my little house is, and which is antique around here.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:44 pm

mattvan1 wrote:2. and 3. I think this topic on Disney Princesses would be much more entertaining as the game Fuck-Marry-Kill. But this is your 5QF, which perhaps could lead to a Phoenix-like rising from the ashes for these boards, and I don't want to change the question.

You're right, Fuck-Marry-Kill is much better. So...

Fuck - Anna, girl's nuts & feisty, could be a lot of fun.
Marry - Belle. Intelligent, well-read, not hung up on looks, which bodes well for me.
Kill - Ariel. With a harpoon.

And then change Question 3 to: Which Browns rookie is most likely to make the Pro Bowl this season?

Answer for me - Terrance West.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:43 am

Fuck- Jasmine, might get lucky and slip one past the goalie and spend the rest of my life living like a fat cat on Middle Eastern Oil money

Marry- Pocahontas, down home, outdoorsy type that can clean a fish, plant a garden and give birth without pain meds. Solid.

Kill- Rapunzel, can you imagine the drain clogs from that bitch? Wear a hairnet, ho.

Browns Rookie- Joel Bitonio
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 am

About five minutes while waiting for a friend to get ready at their house. I tried getting into soccer when I was overseas many years ago and I've given up. Just don't give a shit.

2. Who are the 3 LEAST annoying Disney princesses (they don't have to start out princesses, just end up that way)
I have two boys and my sister was born when I was in high school, so I have no experience with Disney princesses.

See Above

I'm torn between Pearl Jam's "Yield" or Metallica's "Ride the Lightning." DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!

Cleaning the bathrooms. Hate it because I'm a neat freak with bathrooms and they always look really gross to me.

The "Mary, Fuck, Kill" Spinoff:
Based on my limited knowledge, I'd Fuck the hell out of Jasmine because she's probably a very dirty girl in the sack, I'd Mary Pocahontas because she's an outdoorsy type and I'd Fucking KILL Cinderella because that bitch doesn't FUCKING STOP SINGING TO BIRDS!!! (My wife LOVES Cinderella and, therefore, it is the ONLY Disney Princess I have any real thoughts on.)

Browns Rookie to make Pro Bowl: Not Johnny Manziel, so I'll go with the other first round pick.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby gameface » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:57 pm

None. Soccer is sports version of qualuudes. Golf is serious barbituates and bowling is heroin.

I'd like to blow up Disney world and all the princesses in it.

London Calling or Exile on Main Street
gameface

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm

1. None so far. If I remember to, I'll probably try to catch the final.

2/3. Not too up on my Disney princesses. Wasn't Jasmine the one from Aladdin? She was kind of hot. Cinderella became a princess, right? That's the extent of my Disney princess knowledge, off the top of my head.

4. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue, no question.

5. Cutting the grass. I root for brown stuff and stunted growth.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:07 am

gameface wrote:None. Soccer is sports version of qualuudes. Golf is serious barbituates and bowling is heroin.

I'd like to blow up Disney world and all the princesses in it.

London Calling or Exile on Main Street

London Calling is a good consideration.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Pabo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:53 am

1. None
4. Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde
5. Painting
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
Pabo

Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL