Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who does this new Browns front office think they are?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Who does this new Browns front office think they are?

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:00 pm

It ticks me off that the Browns are missing all the pro days many of top QB prospects are having.

Hey Browns FO:
1) You guys are all NEW as a Browns FO. You've should be putting in MORE time than the other front offices, not less! You have to catch up. Just a clue!
2) If all but 2 FOs can make the Manziel pro day, even those who don't need QBs, I think the Browns can have some folks there.
3) Hey guys, WE ARE QB NEEDY!! Please gather as much info as you can. Leave no stone unturned. You basically missed every QB pro day. We've missed at so many draft picks in the past, please do your due diligence. Please give us a hint that you know what you're doing!
4) I get your standard line that "scripted Pro days" don't show you as much. But please humor your already skeptical and downtrodden fan base who is already upset that you cleaned house after only 1 year, that you are actually working hard at your job. Really hard. Pretend at least.
5) And your smugness about not going to pro days is what puts it over the top. Its like its beneath you to go to these pro days. Beneath you? Are you kidding?!?! We've been the doormat of the NFL since the return. Nothing is beneath you. Let it be beneath Belicek and the Patriots who have actually won championships and actually have a QB... let them look down on pro days. You don't have that luxury!!!
6) And congratulations that your draft plans are a mystery to everyone. That's really awesome. No one knows what you're gonna do. It would just be somewhat comforting if we as fans actually could believe that even you know what you were going to do. Give us some hope that you guys are pros at what you do. We are not looking for cocky smugness in the process. We're looking for blue-collar effort to get this right for once.

Who do you think you are?

Who do we think you are?
We think that you are the next temporary front office in the constant revolving door of Browns management ineptitude. We are conditioned to think that. We know nothing else. It is your job to convince us otherwise.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Who does this new Browns front office think they are?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Personally, I don't give half a shit that they are skipping these pro days. I wouldn't want to waste my time either. I think they're bringing a lot of these guys in for predraft workouts anyway.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Spin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:54 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Personally, I don't give half a shit that they are skipping these pro days. I wouldn't want to waste my time either. I think they're bringing a lot of these guys in for predraft workouts anyway.

This.

Manziel's pro day was a three ring circus. And 30 teams were represented there. Waste of time. Bring them to Cleveland one at a time. Interview them for hours if you want. Work them out under your conditions. Then use those travel expenses on later round guys you like.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:01 am

I understand the limitations of a pro day. However, if pro days are so useless, why does everyone else go? They have nothing better to do?

Also, reading all the "professional" nfl media talent evaluators and how they rate the QBs, there are wide and varying opinions on the top 4 QBs (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater and Carr). It seems every evaluator rates them differently. Reading the posts on this forum, it seems most of us armchair talent evaluators rate them differently as well. With that much uncertainty about the potential of the top 4 QBs, wouldn't you want EVERY single piece of available evaluative data when making your choice. Granted, you understand that the pro day is scripted, but there is certainly something one can learn by watching a pro day. Something.

The only other thing I can wonder is if the Browns are trying to get folks to believe they aren't taking a QB at 4 so people won't think they have to trade up in front of the Browns to grab one of these QBs. In so doing, they hope then that more QBs will be available at 4.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:39 am

They have bigger fish to fry. I'm cool with it. You wanna see a guy? Bring him in. Don't waste my time with a dog and pony show.

/This is actually a positive for me. These guys don't fuck around with politics and bullshit.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL