Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Teddy B...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Teddy B...

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 pm

No thanks at #4. I know some guys really like him and I respect that, but when I see TB I agree he's the most NFL-ready QB out there but his upside doesn't seem to be there.

I said it elsewhere, but I see a guy like Alex Smith. Sharp, very good reads, etc., but I don't see a guy who's the #4 pick or a game changing QB.

I won't be shocked if Browns take a QB but I think they're set to go into year with a mediocre dude that they just surrounded with higher quality weapons in an attempt to win sooner than later.

Will say that Hoyer is allegedly sharp, studied hard under Brady/Bill and would probably be a great mentor for a young QB, but I think they hand him the ball and see what he does and if he flops they look to next year for whichever guy is the next star dujour.

I WILL NOT be surprised if the Browns take Logan Thomas though. No idea when, anywhere fro their 2nd first round pick and beyond, but it won't surprise me. Farmer is apparently a fan.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Teddy B...

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:No thanks at #4. I know some guys really like him and I respect that, but when I see TB I agree he's the most NFL-ready QB out there but his upside doesn't seem to be there.

I said it elsewhere, but I see a guy like Alex Smith. Sharp, very good reads, etc., but I don't see a guy who's the #4 pick or a game changing QB.

I won't be shocked if Browns take a QB but I think they're set to go into year with a mediocre dude that they just surrounded with higher quality weapons in an attempt to win sooner than later.

Will say that Hoyer is allegedly sharp, studied hard under Brady/Bill and would probably be a great mentor for a young QB, but I think they hand him the ball and see what he does and if he flops they look to next year for whichever guy is the next star dujour.

I WILL NOT be surprised if the Browns take Logan Thomas though. No idea when, anywhere fro their 2nd first round pick and beyond, but it won't surprise me. Farmer is apparently a fan.

Good Lord. Moscratch needs to change his sig line. Teddy managed to shit his own bed. And in August I thought the guy would be the top QB in the draft.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:56 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:No thanks at #4. I know some guys really like him and I respect that, but when I see TB I agree he's the most NFL-ready QB out there but his upside doesn't seem to be there.

Good Lord. Moscratch needs to change his sig line. Teddy managed to shit his own bed. And in August I thought the guy would be the top QB in the draft.

And this coming August some other QB du Jour will be in someone's sigline. Likely Mariota or Hundley.

(Lose the quota for Mariota? Bungley for Hundley?)

Lather, rinse, repeat next year and the year after and the year after, ad infinitum.

I'll take a chance and use the late 1st or the 2nd on Carr or one (both of the 3rd if you have to deal up to some place) for Mettenberger. If I saw someone that was more likely to be GREAT than not, I'd gladly use whatever pick(s) I had to grab that guy.

Just don't. We'll see. I may be very, very wrong.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:25 pm

peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

And this coming August some other QB du Jour will be in someone's sigline. Likely Mariota or Hundley.

(Lose the quota for Mariota? Bungley for Hundley?)

Lather, rinse, repeat next year and the year after and the year after, ad infinitum.

I'll take a chance and use the late 1st or the 2nd on Carr or one (both of the 3rd if you have to deal up to some place) for Mettenberger. If I saw someone that was more likely to be GREAT than not, I'd gladly use whatever pick(s) I had to grab that guy.

Just don't. We'll see. I may be very, very wrong.

Agree. But "shit the bed for Marcus" doesn't really flow.

Agree as well on QB late in the first or early in the 2nd. Carr (shudder) or Garappolo (double shudder).
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:52 am

I don't get these boards, are they dead or alive anymore?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby ASPDawgpound12 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 am

Not really excited about any of the QBs in this draft, but it looks like we are bound to get one this season, since they are trying to turn this ship around in 1 offseason. Looks like Farmer might think we won't be in "top QB" range next draft. Not that I don't disagree right now, but there is too much time between now and then to say one way or the other.

I could care less about the Pro day for Teddy, but I think out of the top QBs this year, it has to be him. Don't think you can take him at 4, but using a few of the 9 other picks to move up above 26 might not be a bad choice. If anything he can turn all the negativity into motivation to throw the ball above ankle height to the likes of Gordon and Cameron.
ASPDawgpound12

Favorite Player: Tyrone Hill
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 am

I'm still holding onto wanting Teddy at #4. If they pass on him, I'm not gonna throw a fit since I have doubts and there are some good players out there, but if he's there at 4 he'd still be my first choice.

Going into the season with a combo of Hoyer, Grossman, and, say, Taj Boyd is just a puddle of goo.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:19 pm

WTF happened to Boyd? Wasn't that dude a first rounder last year.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:32 pm

The Draft Buzz is fickle and prone to MPD.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:11 am

peeker643 wrote:

I watch VA Tech pretty regularly, lots of my former students and area kids end up there. I kept waiting for Thomas to develop, and he got worse. He single-handedly lost them games. Great on paper, but that's where it ends.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 am

Erie Warrior wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I watch VA Tech pretty regularly, lots of my former students and area kids end up there. I kept waiting for Thomas to develop, and he got worse. He single-handedly lost them games. Great on paper, but that's where it ends.

I thought he leveled off too. But the Browns, at least their new GM, really like the size, arm strength and leadership ability the kid apparently posesses. Don't shoot the messenger. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL