Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Weeden and Campbell Gone

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:46 pm

And Peeks shall now celebrate this as Second Birthday.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Hikohadon wrote:And Peeks shall now celebrate this as Second Birthday.


Chris- These are guys with families and bills, who gave us everything they had, and there's no way I could ever find happiness in a situation....

Bwah!!!

I hope they both rot.

Right from the inside out.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Fantastic! I saw a text from CDT on my way home that Weeden was gone and I couldn't wait to get home to found out what we got! So...who did we trade him for. Probably a few draft picks, right?!

Probably a 3rd and a 5th...or somewhere in that area. I'd love if we could have gotten a 2nd but I'm not delusional. Probably no better than a third.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:And Peeks shall now celebrate this as Second Birthday.


Chris- These are guys with families and bills, who gave us everything they had, and there's no way I could ever find happiness in a situation....

Bwah!!!

I hope they both rot.

Right from the inside out.


For many reasons, I shall miss them like the Clap.

Both will probably find other jobs, BTW, no matter what hyperbole is running rampant out there.

Curious to see who their replacements will be. Almost assuredly one is coming first 3 rounds of the draft.

Or they'll just settle for Tom Brady:

https://twitter.com/DawgPoundNews
Dawg Pound Nation ‏@DawgPoundNews 8h
Welp, I'll put it out. I hear the #Browns called about Tom Brady, and the Pats haven't said no yet.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:And Peeks shall now celebrate this as Second Birthday.


Chris- These are guys with families and bills, who gave us everything they had, and there's no way I could ever find happiness in a situation....

Bwah!!!

I hope they both rot.

Right from the inside out.


For many reasons, I shall miss them like the Clap.

Both will probably find other jobs, BTW, no matter what hyperbole is running rampant out there.

Curious to see who their replacements will be. Almost assuredly one is coming first 3 rounds of the draft.

Or they'll just settle for Tom Brady:

https://twitter.com/DawgPoundNews
Dawg Pound Nation ‏@DawgPoundNews 8h
Welp, I'll put it out. I hear the #Browns called about Tom Brady, and the Pats haven't said no yet.


Don't let Lombardi troll these boards too Hiko.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 am

I have no doubt they'll both be on a roster in 2014. I just can't tell you how happy I am that it won't be this one.

Think of how horrific they must have been when we're thrilled that Hoyer is the only guy still standing/limping.

All because he wasn't those two assholes for two games (though he was close in the Minny game, lest people forget).

I think it's Schaub and Hoyer and a project when the dust of FA and the draft settles.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:30 am

I don't understand how you can't be excited. We're getting Tom Brady! Tom Fucking Brady, man!

Championship!
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 am

peeker643 wrote:I have no doubt they'll both be on a roster in 2014. I just can't tell you how happy I am that it won't be this one.

Think of how horrific they must have been when we're thrilled that Hoyer is the only guy still standing/limping.

All because he wasn't those two assholes for two games (though he was close in the Minny game, lest people forget).

I think it's Schaub and Hoyer and a project when the dust of FA and the draft settles.


Yeah, they're not my problem anymore. Odds are good I'll never have to watch either ever again.

So now we got Four-Game-Hoyer and Dude-That-Can-Throw-Into-Trash-Cans... gonna need some more beef than that. One in FA, one in the draft. And they'd better be damn solid or we're looking at 4-12 again.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm not sold on Schaub. I hope they don't jump the gun there because with Blaine Gabbert headed to San Fran it's possible that Colt McCoy may be available. Seems that Colt instilled that winning culture and his work there might be done.

I'll bet it was difficult for Harbaugh to pull the trigger on that Gabbert deal with the knowledge that he'd be losing not only Colt's intangibles, but Colt's father's insights as well.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:46 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I'm not sold on Schaub. I hope they don't jump the gun there because with Blaine Gabbert headed to San Fran it's possible that Colt McCoy may be available. Seems that Colt instilled that winning culture and his work there might be done.

I'll bet it was difficult for Harbaugh to pull the trigger on that Gabbert deal with the knowledge that he'd be losing not only Colt's intangibles, but Colt's father's insights as well.

I heard the Montreal Allouettes are interested in trying him out as their backup, so he's got that going for him.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm

If Weeden gets exiled to the CFL, will he get stuck under a Giant Maple Leaf flag?

I ask the hard-hitting questions.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Spin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 pm

User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:24 am

Spin wrote:Gone but not forgotten...

http://deadspin.com/the-ultimate-tribut ... socialflow


Ooof...

Not bad. Not bad at all. I will say that it's effective just going for all of the interceptions, but a true browns fan wouldn't have left out the time he threw it out of the end zone on fourth down to end the game. Avoided the sack, though.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Weeden and Campbell Gone

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Spin wrote:Gone but not forgotten...

http://deadspin.com/the-ultimate-tribut ... socialflow


Nope. Gone and Forgotten. Won't be watching that.

I won't purposely watch video of any of the Browns previous QB's. I have a strict no-smashing-my-own-balls-with-a-hammer policy.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests