Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Manziel

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Manziel

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Not sure I understand the "if they make a huge mistake and the team sucks for a couple more years, no big deal, enjoy it" concept.

I'm tired of shit football.

If they drafted a QB that I thought had a chance in hell of being good, I'd feel better about not having to watch it anymore.

Guess we'll see.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Now that he's a reality, I keep trying to put a positive face on it. But, honestly, I have no idea how Manziel's not a bust. Trying to let it go, but this shit has Brady Quinn II written all over it.

Depressing...

Honestly Hiko I'm not sure there is a worse comparison than to Quinn. Quinn had absolutely zero in common with JF other than being picked at 22.

I'm not sure there is one area where Quinn was better, other than being bigger, which got him where exactly?

At least compare JF to Colt as bad as he was.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 09, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm not comparing Manziel to Quinn, I'm comparing the situations in which they were drafted (rumored that Browns take him in top 5, most people don't want him there, he slides, Browns trade up to get him at 22, fans celebrate) and the likely outcome.
Hikohadon

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:06 pm

What's a little scary is the comment I have read on Manziel that sometimes his leg mechanics get messed up and he can lose accuracy by picking up his back foot too soon on throws. Doesn't apparently happen that often- but that was a huge problem of Quinn's.

My question: So what does Shanahan do to maximize Manziel? Read option I guess, with emphasis for him- and Hoyer- to hit the deck or run OOB before getting hit? I know Manziel hasn't taken many snaps under center- but he's taken his eyes off the receivers plenty of times. Not always does he end up running downfield. I like that he has shown he can throw out of broken plays.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/05/kyle-shan ... ad-option/

How does he modify what got RGIII hurt? Or will he?
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby justmebd » Fri May 09, 2014 5:42 pm

My concern from Day One has been his size.

So, he starts Week One vs. Pittsburgh (And he WILL start, you don't sell 2K season tickets in a matter of hours and then sit him on the bench), and by halftime he's suffered his first concussion after the defense plants him and takes the penalty.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Get Johnny football up on the banner to replace Haden. He is your franchise QB for the next 15 years. Or he might be bagging groceries at the piggly wiggly in 2017 based on the curse of the tcf board.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 pm

justmebd wrote:My concern from Day One has been his size.

So, he starts Week One vs. Pittsburgh (And he WILL start, you don't sell 2K season tickets in a matter of hours and then sit him on the bench), and by halftime he's suffered his first concussion after the defense plants him and takes the penalty.

Re:size

There's a lot you can say about that(his "size")
Last edited by hebner20 on Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 09, 2014 8:55 pm

googleeph2 wrote:What's a little scary is the comment I have read on Manziel that sometimes his leg mechanics get messed up and he can lose accuracy by picking up his back foot too soon on throws. Doesn't apparently happen that often- but that was a huge problem of Quinn's.

My question: So what does Shanahan do to maximize Manziel? Read option I guess, with emphasis for him- and Hoyer- to hit the deck or run OOB before getting hit? I know Manziel hasn't taken many snaps under center- but he's taken his eyes off the receivers plenty of times. Not always does he end up running downfield. I like that he has shown he can throw out of broken plays.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/05/kyle-shan ... ad-option/

How does he modify what got RGIII hurt? Or will he?

I'm not sure the read option is what will suit him best. The guy can run, clearly, but I don't think he got many of his yards on designed runs. It seemed like he got most of those yards on broken plays. And one of the things I thought was good about him was the way he did seem to keep his eyes downfield when he was scrambling.

I have to admit it's not like I watched a shit ton of A&M games so maybe I'm wrong on that.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

I don't mind the JFF pick. By the time the draft rolled around I wanted a QB with the 26 or 35 pick, just not the 4. I didn't really care which one because they all seemed to have their pros and cons and a dumbass like me trying to decide on "the best one" was kind of stupid.

Hey Hiko, at least it wasn't Carr, right?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:16 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I don't mind the JFF pick. By the time the draft rolled around I wanted a QB with the 26 or 35 pick, just not the 4. I didn't really care which one because they all seemed to have their pros and cons and a dumbass like me trying to decide on "the best one" was kind of stupid.

Change your sig line. Please.

Brings back sad memories of what could have been.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat May 10, 2014 12:32 am

motherscratcher wrote:I don't mind the JFF pick. By the time the draft rolled around I wanted a QB with the 26 or 35 pick, just not the 4. I didn't really care which one because they all seemed to have their pros and cons and a dumbass like me trying to decide on "the best one" was kind of stupid.

Well, yes.

But they could've stayed put, gotten a better QB in Bridgewater, and then maybe used that 3rd round pick they gave up on a freakin' WR.

Whatever, the milk's spilled, let's see what happens.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:52 am

Gonna be spectacular regardless.

Star-studded dumpster fire or glorious resurrection driven by football jesus. I don't think there will be an in-between.

More interesting than anything else we've had in the last 15-25 years.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:53 am

mattvan1 wrote:

Change your sig line. Please.

Brings back sad memories of what could have been.

I suggest, "Lose A Lotta for Mariotta"

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat May 17, 2014 12:46 pm

He has a signature taunt, "counting money" in a way that makes no actual sense unless enacted by a small child or a movie villain or an asshole.

http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziel-is-s ... socialflow

It's gonna be awesome...
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun May 18, 2014 11:58 am

Best thing about Manziel being a Brown from a British Cleveland sports fan perspective?

Browns gotta be coming to London soon
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon May 26, 2014 11:15 am

And this is why I love the drafting of Manziel:

http://deadspin.com/25-million-lawsuit- ... 1580596256

Manziel told me if I don't want him because his penis is small, when he gets drafted by the NFL he will get a penis enlargement and he'll be Long John Silvers.

Johnny Manziel refers to his penis as his Vienna Sausage and told me good things come from small packages.

Johnny Manziel said he Skyes [sic] with Judereon Clowney [sic] in South Carolina, and Clowney sent Manziel a Pic of is penis which was 9 inches, and Manziel showed it to me on Skype and asked me if I could handle that monster.

And to a lesser extent this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... s-together
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby justmebd » Mon May 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I love how he spends his weekend off in Vegas, just like anyone else with his means at that age probably might. (I know I would've done the same thing)

Except he's followed by a dozen Paparazzi.

It's going to be an interesting year.
justmebd

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 am

justmebd wrote:I love how he spends his weekend off in Vegas, just like anyone else with his means at that age probably might. (I know I would've done the same thing)

Except he's followed by a dozen Paparazzi.

It's going to be an interesting year.

Yeah. That didn't take long.
"We're gonna wreck this league" from Vegas.
Way to be the diligent rookie student of the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/is- ... nny-052514

Can we trade him now before he becomes too damaged to get anything in return?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue May 27, 2014 10:40 am

I want to be him for a year. That picture of him with Gronk at a pool party suits me, sir
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:11 am

I keep searching for what the big deal is. How does living a rich celebrity frat boy life style necessarily = not putting football first? If he'd kept a low profile, how does that prove he is as well.

On the flip side, I can;t see why he is so celebrated. He likes to party. Big deal.

Either he'll be able to play, or not. I can't see anything to hate, or to love, other than football style & skills.
googleeph2

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 am

There's a time to work. And there's a time to play.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 am

^^^^

Agree completely. If a 5th round tackle (or highly regarded CPA) had gone to Vegas between leaving school and starting his job a month later no one would give a shit.

Which is why I don't give a shit about JFF going to Vegas. Difference being the pic of the CPA in a pool with a bunch of nice looking women wouldn't be news.

But this is why I'll get a kick out of the Manziel selection. Like I said initially, his success or failure will be spectacularly documented.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:20 am

By the way, it would be ideal if JFF didn't play a damn bit this season. Give him a year with a playbook, learning the speed and basics of the NFL game and life.

Let him learn from a gym rat like Hoyer about the prep needed.

The idea situation is Hoyer winning the job and holding it for the entire season. If JFF has any brains he'll figure out what it takes to succeed and to get to the point where his priorities need to be.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:34 am

Agree but the odds are against it. All Browns QBs play every season, due to injury.

Here's to Hoyer staying healthy, and inspiring confidence at that early bye
(however that will be defined).

It really feels like that team is at a crossroads. On one hand, there are some parts that seem so fragile and liable to disintegrate (QB, Gordon, new coaches and systems again, owner in legal hot water). OTOH, in looking at each position group, one can argue that the team is poised to finally take a step up and win some games.
googleeph2

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue May 27, 2014 12:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:^^^^

Agree completely.

Actually, we don't agree. I don't think its time to play. I think it's time to work. He can play next February.

You used a CPA analogy. I'll make a comparison between JFF and a CPA.

Said CPA just graduated from college. He's not a CPA yet. He's got to pass the incredibly difficult Uniform CPA Exam to become a CPA. He had better study his butt off and prepare for said CPA exam or its all a mute point. After he passes the test, then go to Vegas. But with the exam coming up in the near future (and by the way, in the NFL its a current ongoing lab test), stay home and hit the books and the video room. Celebrate later.

We're up the creek with this kid. I disliked him before we drafted him. Even more so now.
"Face of the franchise?"
OldDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:26 pm

OldDawg wrote:
peeker643 wrote:^^^^

Agree completely.

Actually, we don't agree. I don't think its time to play. I think it's time to work. He can play next February.

You used a CPA analogy. I'll make a comparison between JFF and a CPA.

Said CPA just graduated from college. He's not a CPA yet. He's got to pass the incredibly difficult Uniform CPA Exam to become a CPA. He had better study his butt off and prepare for said CPA exam or its all a mute point. After he passes the test, then go to Vegas. But with the exam coming up in the near future (and by the way, in the NFL its a current ongoing lab test), stay home and hit the books and the video room. Celebrate later.

We're up the creek with this kid. I disliked him before we drafted him. Even more so now.
"Face of the franchise?"

I was agreeing with Googleeph2. You must have crammed a post between his and mine.

JFF's final ain't til August or September, if it's even then. Unless you figured he's have mastered the playbook and NFL intricacies later this week ;-) ;) :wink:

Dude was at OTAs last week, there today. Took his shit with him to Vegas where I've actually seen people reading by the pool.

Had he gone to Kenya to dig wells no one would be bitching about how much study time he missed. Rather he'd be heralded for being selfless and helpful.

Instead people assume he was probably drunk, dicking around and immature. And there's not the slightest indication that's the case.

Y'all are making me root for this kid when I wanted no part of him because he's a midget and his game doesn't look like it will translate to the NFL. Not because he swam with hot chicks and went to a UFC fight.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I guess it's a matter of what your expectations are of the kid.

OD, there are a lot of folks who dislike him- that's really the thing, right? A personality clash, moreso than the decision to go to Vegas and party when rookie camp ended. If not- when is 'later'? When is it OK to let loose and celebrate?

He isn't currently anything other than what he was before he got drafted.
I assume even the Browns can't be surprised with that, and therefore must be OK w/it.
googleeph2

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue May 27, 2014 3:15 pm

googleeph2 wrote:I guess it's a matter of what your expectations are of the kid.

OD, there are a lot of folks who dislike him- that's really the thing, right? A personality clash, moreso than the decision to go to Vegas and party when rookie camp ended. If not- when is 'later'? When is it OK to let loose and celebrate?

I assume even the Browns can't be surprised with that, and therefore must be OK w/it.

I agree with you. He is what he is. My perception hasn't changed of him. I didn't like him before and I don't now. Before the draft, I called him Johnny Distraction, among other things. I just wished he could have acted like he was all football for a little bit before he showed his true colors.

Me? I'd rather have a guy with Tom Brady's or Manning's persona. Not Joe Namath's. And Joe Namath is the exception to the rule. Joe Namath and maybe Jim McMahon. But at least McMahon was a bad ass. JFF, well, we'll see...

In my mind, I'd like my QB to be my coach on the field. To lead by example. To put more time in than everyone else is. I really don't want a guy who flashes $$ signs when he gets drafted 22nd and runs off to Vegas. And we're not even sure if he can play. If he proves he can play, I'll change my tune.
OldDawg

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:18 pm

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com ... ords.html/

Agree that this is going to be fascinating.
googleeph2

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

googleeph2 wrote:http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/nfl-analyst-johnny-manziel-has-subject-intangibles-and-isnt-a-leader-by-example-or-known-to-inspire-by-his-words.html/

"Subject intangibles"?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:25 pm

OldDawg wrote:
googleeph2 wrote:I guess it's a matter of what your expectations are of the kid.

I agree with you. He is what he is. My perception hasn't changed of him. I didn't like him before and I don't now. Before the draft, I called him Johnny Distraction, among other things. I just wished he could have acted like he was all football for a little bit before he showed his true colors.

Me? I'd rather have a guy with Tom Brady's or Manning's persona. Not Joe Namath's. And Joe Namath is the exception to the rule. Joe Namath and maybe Jim McMahon. But at least McMahon was a bad ass. JFF, well, we'll see...

In my mind, I'd like my QB to be my coach on the field. To lead by example. To put more time in than everyone else is. I really don't want a guy who flashes $$ signs when he gets drafted 22nd and runs off to Vegas. And we're not even sure if he can play. If he proves he can play, I'll change my tune.

Man, your gonna have a rough couple of years. He may be an ego-driven, entitled doosh with a distorted sense of self importance who comes from money, but he's OUR ego-driven, entitled doosh with a distorted sense of self importance, dammit.

BTW, Vegas is just a warm up for this guy. He's the Kerrville, Texas equivalent of Haslam. Jimmy and Johnny - that's a great plan. That's fuckin' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss fuckin' watch.
mattvan1

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
googleeph2 wrote:http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/02/nfl-analyst-johnny-manziel-has-subject-intangibles-and-isnt-a-leader-by-example-or-known-to-inspire-by-his-words.html/

"Subject intangibles"?

Typo in the headline. Is actually "suspect intangibles" in the article. I am glad the paparazzi was not following me this past weekend. I was a mess. :hic:
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

All that cockin' around sure doesn't seem to effect Gronk between the lines.

If you can PLAY, you can PLAY.

Trips to Vegas, bein' balls deep in coeds and models or hangin' out with rappers has ZERO effect on this.

The question is can he PLAY. Let the dopey media worry about nonsensical shit. It's what they do best.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:40 pm

OldDawg wrote: Me? I'd rather have a guy with Tom Brady's or Manning's persona. Not Joe Namath's. And Joe Namath is the exception to the rule. Joe Namath and maybe Jim McMahon. But at least McMahon was a bad ass. JFF, well, we'll see...

Like Super Bowl champ Big Ben?

You know what my main issue is? Y'all act like ya know what JFF was up to out there and you act like you know what Brady and Manning and the rest are up to as well. You assume he took the iPad out there with the playbook for a photo opp and you assume a guy married to a fucking supermodel met her at church.

Matt Stafford is blood and guts on the field and the guy you speak of. Yet he's all Johnny Walker Red off it and has gone on some of Georgia's most celebrated benders.

That weekend didn't mean a thing in terms of JFF's development. No more so than had he gone on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land would he be any less of a d-bag than he may already be.

I understand people don't like him. I don't much care for him either.

But the Vegas shit is weak, weak, weak.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue May 27, 2014 7:24 pm

leadpipe wrote:All that cockin' around sure doesn't seem to effect Gronk between the lines.

If you can PLAY, you can PLAY.

Trips to Vegas, bein' balls deep in coeds and models or hangin' out with rappers has ZERO effect on this.

The question is can he PLAY. Let the dopey media worry about nonsensical shit. It's what they do best.

All he has to do is be average, and the world is his. He'll put Omar to shame in annals of 216 lore. They'll name personal lubricants after him- Johnny Waterfall: make it rain on the field and in the bedroom.

I can't fucking wait. I love every minute of it. Put this cat on the field ASAP, I gotta have me some Johnny Football.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue May 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Maybe it's because I've been waiting for two decades for a winner here. Maybe it's because I'm an old fart. But I've tried to put any preconceived notions of what kind of a playa the kid is going to be...and I'm eager to see him between the white lines with black-and-gold jerseys bearing down on him before making a judgment.

Hope for the best (a healthy RG3), prepare for the worst (a healthy Brandon Weeden). After all, this IS Cleveland.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue May 27, 2014 11:57 pm

BTW, Gronk is a proven pro who probably knows his playbook and has little to prove. Again, I could care less if JFF did it after the season or after he establishes himself...

However, after reading this...
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bra ... Vegas.html

I am now officially OK with JFF partying hard on his long weekend off in Vegas.
OldDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 28, 2014 1:46 pm

FWiW (which is nothing til it shows up in live action, regular season NFL games):

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 35m
NFL only finding this out now? RT @MaryKayCabot: #browns Pettine said Manziel has been in playbook. One of hardest workers on the team.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:03 pm

From last week's OTAs,

Tom Reed ‏ @ treed1919 2m
Joe Thomas on Manziel: "Johnny has done a good job being a rookie...keeping his mouth shut. Rookies are supposed to be seen and not heard."

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 32s
"He's quiet to be around..when its time work he works" - Pettine on Manziel

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏ @ AKinkhabwala 59s
Brian Hoyer very complimentary of Johnny Manziel: quiet in mtgs, takes a lot of notes, "seems like a hard worker."

OD, Browns do have a starting QB who exhibits the traits you and others expect.
(Just noting. Not trolling.)

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ 36s
# Browns HC Mike Pettine said QB Brian Hoyer isn't any different w/ Johnny Manziel here. Said Hoyer classic gym rat, 1st here, last to leave.
googleeph2

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 29, 2014 1:41 am

Manziel's gonna be a SPECTACULAR failure no matter if he sequesters himself to a hotel room in Medina or sprays champagne on stupid bitches in Vegas.

So live it up while you can, kid.

Life's short.

And (most likely) so's your career.
Hikohadon

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 am

He'll look great in preseason (a la Weeden). Once he plays, he'll get hurt and be out a lot, and his fans will forever insist he would have been elite, if he'd had protection around him/had better weapons/had good injury luck.

Who will be off the team first: Manziel, or Pettine/Shanahan?
googleeph2

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 am

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wor ... is-height/

From day one this was my concern , not his parting, or his attitude, its the fact that he is the same size as me (all bit allot more fit, with hand eye coordination I could only dream of).
I think he compares most closely to Fran Tarkenton. Unfortunately I don't think Fran Tarkenton in his prime could cut it in the modern day NFL either. John football was just drafted about 5 decades to late.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu May 29, 2014 3:43 pm

googleeph2 wrote:He'll look great in preseason (a la Weeden). Once he plays, he'll get hurt and be out a lot, and his fans will forever insist he would have been elite, if he'd had protection around him/had better weapons/had good injury luck.

That's a tough call.

I hate the fact that it's very likely a valid question.
Hikohadon

Unread postby justmebd » Thu May 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
googleeph2 wrote:He'll look great in preseason (a la Weeden). Once he plays, he'll get hurt and be out a lot, and his fans will forever insist he would have been elite, if he'd had protection around him/had better weapons/had good injury luck.

That's a tough call.

I hate the fact that it's very likely a valid question.

Just to be clear, you can't blame me this time. I take credit for jinxing Weeden, I'll pass the baton to someone else for this one.
justmebd

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:18 pm

That sequester thing in Medina apparently didn't last long.

This is awesome, I don't care who you. The QB of your Cleveland Browns

http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziel-drinking-on-an-inflatable-swan-1587544492

Hikohadon wrote:Manziel's gonna be a SPECTACULAR failure no matter if he sequesters himself to a hotel room in Medina or sprays champagne on stupid bitches in Vegas.

So live it up while you can, kid.

Life's short.

And (most likely) so's your career.
mattvan1

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:19 pm

The level of awesomeness continues to ascend

Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL