Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Pabo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:55 am

Browns 0
Steelers 40

Only 16 more games for Chud after this one, then he can slip into oblivion like the rest of them.
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
User avatar
Pabo
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Weirton, WV, USA
Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:52 am

Browns 32 Steelers 31. On a last second field goal drive led by Weeden. Why? Because that they way they could fuck up most.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:56 am

Pain for the pumpkin heads.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:54 pm

I will imbibe copious amount of fermented and distilled beverages and gorge myself on a cornucopia of delectable, decadent Southern cuisine offerings whilst in the midst of many Pittspuke fan bois.

And I will contemplate the efficacy of trading multiple 1st round picks for Teddy B.

There was "word of the day" toilet paper in my stocking.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6364
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:06 pm

:bag:
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:36 pm

This game, for me, is the James Blunt of football Sundays. It's the last Sunday that will be occupied by something that makes me miserably.

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt is one of the worst most annoying songs ever written. It is a steaming pile of donkey shit the like of which we don't normally hear in a piece of "music" not involving Fred Durst or Scott Stapp. And it puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. I love to hear it because every time I do it allows me to think "maybe this is the very last time I will ever hear this in my life." And that is an absolutely wonderful thought. I can't help but smile thinking something like that. Sure, I've been wrong every time but the last one (fingers crossed) but the thought in the moment is still blissful.

So, this is the last Browns game that is going to fuck up my weekend for a good long while. Just the thought of months of Sundays unbefouled with 3 hours of miserable Dogshit that I'm somehow compelled to partake in makes me absolutely giddy with excitement. And who knows, maybe I'll be dead by next September. That would be sublime.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:17 pm

And we all know that Cincy, KC, and the Jets are going to win today too.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Rumors all over twitter that Chudziznski is a very possible one and done.

What a clown show.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Good Fellas is on.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13349
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:10 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Rumors all over twitter that Chudziznski is a very possible one and done.

What a clown show.


Chud is not what is wrong with this team. How do win in the NFL with ZERO running game and a 3rd string QB? The FO set up this tank, and tank is what we got.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:18 pm

As much as many of us laughed at the idea of this FO tanking, you can make the argument that is exactly what they had in mind all season with the TRich trade, the lack of interest in finding a QB to save the season and the lack of urgency to do anything with the RB spot (outside of a old man like McGahee). A very subtle tanking?

Not that we were possibly good enough it needed to be scripted mind you.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13349
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

What are they tanking for though?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:What are they tanking for though?


Derek Carr apparently.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:03 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:What are they tanking for though?


Derek Carr apparently.


So that means we'll be tanking again in 2015? lol
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm

If we get just an average QB we will win. Campbell is better than Weeds, but he's still far below average. Hoyer would've won us 6 more games...QB of the future (Manzel?) would have us as serious contenders.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:32 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:What are they tanking for though?


When you play poker and have a shit hand, do you keep betting? No. You don't even stick around for the flop. You get out as fast as possible. Once they saw Weeden was a craptastic shitfest they folded on the season ASAP by trading TRich (which we all now know was brilliant) and handing Hoyer the keys. Only they didn't see Hoyer being as capable and he almost ruined it. That was the moment they realized they are much closer than they thought. But he got hurt so... :pb:

Shit, playing Cousins at Guard is all the evidence you need. I bet they were hoping somebody would blow up Weeded and they'd have an excuse to tank.

More evidence: look at those games we lost in the last minute. All because of key mistakes; drops, penalties, special teams fails, and blown coverages. The art of the tank.

They want a championship caliber QB on this team. He's not here right now. So secure highest draft pick possible to get the guy you want. QED.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:21 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:And we all know that Cincy, KC, and the Jets are going to win today too.

Two out of three so far.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Lubber wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:And we all know that Cincy, KC, and the Jets are going to win today too.

Two out of three so far.


:lmfao: Fuck the Steelers
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3630
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby scott » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:48 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Lubber wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:And we all know that Cincy, KC, and the Jets are going to win today too.

Two out of three so far.


:lmfao: Fuck the Steelers


Chargers win was awesome.
User avatar
scott
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 pm

bookelly wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:What are they tanking for though?


When you play poker and have a shit hand, do you keep betting? No. You don't even stick around for the flop. You get out as fast as possible. Once they saw Weeden was a craptastic shitfest they folded on the season ASAP by trading TRich (which we all now know was brilliant) and handing Hoyer the keys. Only they didn't see Hoyer being as capable and he almost ruined it. That was the moment they realized they are much closer than they thought. But he got hurt so... :pb:

Shit, playing Cousins at Guard is all the evidence you need. I bet they were hoping somebody would blow up Weeded and they'd have an excuse to tank.

More evidence: look at those games we lost in the last minute. All because of key mistakes; drops, penalties, special teams fails, and blown coverages. The art of the tank.

They want a championship caliber QB on this team. He's not here right now. So secure highest draft pick possible to get the guy you want. QED.


I understand all that, my point is that there isn't one out there right now.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:09 pm

scott wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Lubber wrote:
TouchEmAllTime wrote:And we all know that Cincy, KC, and the Jets are going to win today too.

Two out of three so far.


:lmfao: Fuck the Steelers


Chargers win was awesome.


They will be a force in the playoffs. Should get past Cincy and will then have a nice matchup vs. Broncos.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:40 pm

bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Rumors all over twitter that Chudziznski is a very possible one and done.

What a clown show.


Chud is not what is wrong with this team. How do win in the NFL with ZERO running game and a 3rd string QB? The FO set up this tank, and tank is what we got.


Damn cold, setting the team up to fail and then firing the HC because they did just what you expected them to do.

My evil genius theory wants me to consider that Chud was hired as patsy, that the guy they really wanted told them he wasn't ready to come back right away but would be in 2014, and now they get the guy they wanted all along with the #4 pick to bolster him to boot.

But, really, that would be giving them WAY too much credit. In all likelihood, they're just incompetent.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 am

Hikohadon wrote:
bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Rumors all over twitter that Chudziznski is a very possible one and done.

What a clown show.


Chud is not what is wrong with this team. How do win in the NFL with ZERO running game and a 3rd string QB? The FO set up this tank, and tank is what we got.


Damn cold, setting the team up to fail and then firing the HC because they did just what you expected them to do.

My evil genius theory wants me to consider that Chud was hired as patsy, that the guy they really wanted told them he wasn't ready to come back right away but would be in 2014, and now they get the guy they wanted all along with the #4 pick to bolster him to boot.

But, really, that would be giving them WAY too much credit. In all likelihood, they're just incompetent.


So let's go with the fantasy. I mean who gives a fuck, let's suspend the reality of persistent suck. What if they ARE that conniving? That ruthless? Who were they waiting on? Who is their Neo?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3630
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 am

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Rumors all over twitter that Chudziznski is a very possible one and done.

What a clown show.


Chud is not what is wrong with this team. How do win in the NFL with ZERO running game and a 3rd string QB? The FO set up this tank, and tank is what we got.


Damn cold, setting the team up to fail and then firing the HC because they did just what you expected them to do.

My evil genius theory wants me to consider that Chud was hired as patsy, that the guy they really wanted told them he wasn't ready to come back right away but would be in 2014, and now they get the guy they wanted all along with the #4 pick to bolster him to boot.

But, really, that would be giving them WAY too much credit. In all likelihood, they're just incompetent.


So let's go with the fantasy. I mean who gives a fuck, let's suspend the reality of persistent suck. What if they ARE that conniving? That ruthless? Who were they waiting on? Who is their Neo?


My brother in law and I discussed this earlier and the answer we came to was...





Crickets.

There are names out there that SOME people would consider Neos - Cowher, Chucky, Saban, you know, the usual names.

Personally, I wouldn't want any of them.

We then went through the whole college and NFL coordinator list, and not many of them were interesting either, so I decided to personally settle on David Shaw.

This whole thing was Haslambannerdi's evil genius plan to get David Shaw and some high picks, leading this great organization into the promised land! Yeah!
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:16 am

mattvan1 wrote:So let's go with the fantasy. I mean who gives a fuck, let's suspend the reality of persistent suck. What if they ARE that conniving? That ruthless? Who were they waiting on? Who is their Neo?


The one man with a football mind so advanced that he can go .500 in the mighty Big 10?

(I mean besides Kirk Ferentz.)
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Browns/Steelers Prediction Thread

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:18 am

HoodooMan wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:So let's go with the fantasy. I mean who gives a fuck, let's suspend the reality of persistent suck. What if they ARE that conniving? That ruthless? Who were they waiting on? Who is their Neo?


The one man with a football mind so advanced that he can go .500 in the mighty Big 10?

(No, besides Kirk Ferentz.)


Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention/get excited about him too.

He was the end game all along. That flirting with Houston was just a smokescreen.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests