Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns vs Jaguars

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns vs Jaguars

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:34 pm

I figure I might as well start a game thread to see if my mojo can bring the Browns a win.

Wait, what?
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Browns vs Jaguars

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 pm

JFling, Rather than waste another thread next week on the Patriots, I'd just roll with this one. :)
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 pm

See, there's an underrated comfort a team has with a guy like Weeds. Guys been on the sidelines better parts of months, yet he's able to step in and give an opponent 13 points in less than four minutes. Never missed a beat that guy.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Honestly, I'm shocked Weeden didn't throw a pick six on that last drive.

How bad would this game have been without Gordon?

With him it was entertaining, and if you like train wrecks, Weeden is a blockbuster. MY GOD can that guy screw things up in new and hilarious ways!!

I just don't see how Alex Tanney could have been any worse.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby scrambler » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:41 pm

I won't talk about Weeden as everyone else can do that. The play by Haden on the Jax touchdown was every bit as bad an any play Weeden made today. He's a much, much better player so I guess he deservedly gets more leeway than the Weeden, but that was horrendous. In the end it was a good result. Wins are simply just bad at this point. They have a chance to pass more people in the race for a higher draft pick. But as Thomas Moore said today...the admin that was in a violent hurry to get rid of Josh Gordon gets to make more draft picks.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:29 pm

tb;dw
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 am

How do you lose the fucking Jaguars?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 am

justmebd wrote:Honestly, I'm shocked Weeden didn't throw a pick six on that last drive.

With him it was entertaining, and if you like train wrecks, Weeden is a blockbuster. MY GOD can that guy screw things up in new and hilarious ways!!

Here are the posts I just don't get any more.

We know that Weeden sucks. We've known this a long time. Yesterday was just par for the course. There was no new info there, just more of him proving that although obviously gifted with a great arm is also hampered by a not-great head. He plateaued a long time ago.

And yet not one word about how the supposedly "solid" Defense got ass-raped ALL DAY by CHAD FUCKING HENNE. Which as much as I've been wary of the accolades people have given the D all year, THIS WAS (relatively) NEW INFORMATION.

No push up the middle, Mingo is the new Pocket Satellite, and Kruger couldn't run down a legless zombie. Even Haden got in on the act, taking bad angles several times. JAX ran about 10 different plays all day, often running the same play twice in a row, and the D was flabbergasted nonetheless. F- all around.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am

pod2dawg wrote:JFling, Rather than waste another thread next week on the Patriots, I'd just roll with this one. :)

5'll get you 10 there's no thread next week.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm

jb wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:JFling, Rather than waste another thread next week on the Patriots, I'd just roll with this one. :)

5'll get you 10 there's no thread next week.

Jeezus, there's ANOTHER game next week?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby gameface » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
JAX ran about 10 different plays all day, often running the same play twice in a row, and the D was flabbergasted nonetheless. F- all around.

Not true Chris. I also noticed that Jax ran the same play twice in a row several times. But they did adjust and stoned the Jags sweep left as the game went on, and started defending the backside screen passes much better. What they didn't do was tackle well, missing several tackles for loss that would have blunted drives. Didn't pressure Henne with any consistency.

Agree with the ass-raping comment though, so I'm just nit picking the depth and frequency of said violation.
gameface

Unread postby Spin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 pm

When Joe Thomas has more tackles than Joe Haden, you know it was a Weeden Sunday...
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm

gameface wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
JAX ran about 10 different plays all day, often running the same play twice in a row, and the D was flabbergasted nonetheless. F- all around.

Not true Chris. I also noticed that Jax ran the same play twice in a row several times. But they did adjust and stoned the Jags sweep left as the game went on, and started defending the backside screen passes much better. What they didn't do was tackle well, missing several tackles for loss that would have blunted drives. Didn't pressure Henne with any consistency.

Agree with the ass-raping comment though, so I'm just nit picking the depth and frequency of said violation.

I know, but that's when the throw over the top to the left sideline started to work for them. My brother-in-law were joking around at the game though trying to count the number of different plays they ran after it became obvious that their offensive strategy was more vanilla than tofu. Yet somehow was effective. I imagine a decent pass rush would've shut that shinola down, but it was not forthcoming.

Excepting that MJD TD pass, of course. A true "lull 'em to sleep and hit 'em with the Halfback toss" moment.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:41 pm

How would one run down a legless zombie? I mean.... it doesn't have legs.

Terrible comparison.

Should have went with a heroin addicted tree sloth.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
justmebd wrote:Honestly, I'm shocked Weeden didn't throw a pick six on that last drive.

Here are the posts I just don't get any more.

We know that Weeden sucks. We've known this a long time. Yesterday was just par for the course. There was no new info there, just more of him proving that although obviously gifted with a great arm is also hampered by a not-great head. He plateaued a long time ago.

And yet not one word about how the supposedly "solid" Defense got ass-raped ALL DAY by CHAD FUCKING HENNE. Which as much as I've been wary of the accolades people have given the D all year, THIS WAS (relatively) NEW INFORMATION.

No push up the middle, Mingo is the new Pocket Satellite, and Kruger couldn't run down a legless zombie. Even Haden got in on the act, taking bad angles several times. JAX ran about 10 different plays all day, often running the same play twice in a row, and the D was flabbergasted nonetheless. F- all around.

That was a different post. I was too busy being entertained by Shovel Pass McGee.

But you're right, the defense was missing tackles all day.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL