Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Cut him

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Cut him

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:06 pm

He's done, he's not worth playing anymore, and he is of no use to this team.

Done. Cut him.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Cut him

Unread postby bac5665 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Who takes the snaps? If you say Campbell, I'll know you're trolling.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:30 pm

If the locker room is better with Campbell then giving him snaps makes sense, not gonna lie.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:42 pm

If Greg Little understands he had to account for the sideline Weeds has more yardage that Aaron Rogers.

You saying you'd cut Aaron Rogers?

Seriously, fuck the O if its 10 more games of Weedon.

The D not being able to get off the field on 3rd down unless Detroit drops the ball is what was depressing today.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Which one? Robertson or Ward?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:40 pm

If Weeden is a problem in the locker room than yeah consider it, otherwise he's a body, that can accomplish two things. Get the team through the season, with disregard for wins, AND help keep us in the hunt for a high pick. Campbell might be an improvement, for what overall results, 40 total plays for the season and 1 win?

While Little messed up today, Weeden missed two wide open guys that directly results in pts, when we already had the lead. That spells possible game over. Instead our D took a beating with no protection from the O.

Never thought I would pine for an Iggy grad like I pine for one right now.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Man, I wish people'd stop crying for the D like they were hung out to dry.

They had a 10 point lead and they got ass raped. No one to blame but themselves for how much they sucked ass.

The Chiefs had less points going into the 4th quarter than the Browns had by halftime (and no KC pass attack to speak of), yet somehow their D managed to step up and win the game.

Weeden blows, we all know this, but that D was flat exposed today.

On the bright side, I feel a lot better about our chances to get Marcus Mariota now that I feel like the D is a potential weakness.

ETA - this isn't really towards anyone on these boards, just the overall onslaught of stupid that drunken angry Browns fans bring to the multimedia table.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:28 pm

That game was a circus of stupidity. Dumb penalties, dumb QB, and DBs running around with their heads up their asses.

I think I officially hate this team.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Anybody want a box of my sized Browns gear? A couple jerseys, t-shirts, hats.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby General » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Anybody want a box of my sized Browns gear? A couple jerseys, t-shirts, hats.

I mailed my shit to the bus stop on Chester Avenue years ago.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby General » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:13 pm

There has to be someone more coach able than cinder block head Weeden. Just to be a placeholder until the next one is anointed.
General

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:28 pm

General wrote:There has to be someone more coach able than cinder block head Weeden. Just to be a placeholder until the next one is anointed.

Alright. Let's play this game.

Clearly Campbell isn't the answer and honestly I'd toss him out as well.

Dennis Dixon
Byron Leftwich
Troy Smith
Matt Flynn

Vince Young
Tim Tebow

The last two are almost offered in half-joking status, but at this point I don't care.

At least those last two can make plays, and half some sort of athletic ability. Something Weeden clearly doesn't have.

You could even have Tebow come back and play h-back for the hell of it next season.

I'm dead serious. If someone gave me the option between TIM TEBOW and Weeds at this point, I'd give the nod to Tebow. I'm not even remotely kidding.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby General » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Triple-S wrote:
General wrote:There has to be someone more coach able than cinder block head Weeden. Just to be a placeholder until the next one is anointed.

Dennis Dixon
Byron Leftwich
Troy Smith
Matt Flynn

Vince Young
Tim Tebow

The last two are almost offered in half-joking status, but at this point I don't care.

At least those last two can make plays, and half some sort of athletic ability. Something Weeden clearly doesn't have.

You could even have Tebow come back and play h-back for the hell of it next season.

I'm dead serious. If someone gave me the option between TIM TEBOW and Weeds at this point, I'd give the nod to Tebow. I'm not even remotely kidding.

Anything is better than the agony of Weeden
General

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Triple-S wrote:

Dennis Dixon
Byron Leftwich
Troy Smith
Matt Flynn

Vince Young
Tim Tebow

This is a useless game.

But I could give a shit who the QB is, all those guys will suck, probably just as much, maybe more. If it stops the incessant whining about the QB situation, then let's do it.

I just want the team to get into Marcus Mariota position.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
I just want the team to get into Marcus Mariota position.

You are a very wise man.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Feh. Hundley is better and Taj is at least his equal.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:20 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Feh. Hundley is better and Taj is at least his equal.

Haven't watched Hundley yet, but I know I like Mariota.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Man, I wish people'd stop crying for the D like they were hung out to dry.

They had a 10 point lead and they got ass raped. No one to blame but themselves for how much they sucked ass.

The Chiefs had less points going into the 4th quarter than the Browns had by halftime (and no KC pass attack to speak of), yet somehow their D managed to step up and win the game.

On the bright side, I feel a lot better about our chances to get Marcus Mariota now that I feel like the D is a potential weakness.

ETA - this isn't really towards anyone on these boards, just the overall onslaught of stupid that drunken angry Browns fans bring to the multimedia table.

Po-tay-to and po-tah-to. Browns O had 3 "drives" in the 3rd Q. All 3 and outs. Gained a total of 6 yards in 9 plays in the entire third quarter. Not absolving the D of anything, but for fucks sake that brings inept to a new level. Give Stafford, Bush, and that offense a short field again and again and again and sooner or later they're gonna score.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 pm

I listened to the game on the radio, as I was on the road. The play-by-play guys and post game guys seemed to lay the whole thing on Weeden. And they made the comment that since the offense couldn't establish anything, "the defense was on the field the entire second half."

I agree with many of you. If the defense wants to get off the field, how about stopping somebody!! The O sucked, but the D was right there with them. Detroit punted the ball a total of ZERO times in the second half. Don't blame the O for that.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:01 pm

And Yahoo piles on. It's just entertainment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... .html?vp=1
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 pm

No one wants this guy as starting QB.

I recall dustin fox defending the fact that he was on the field on the radio today, and he was like "Well they have to do their best to build their offense to suit him as best as possible" or something of that nature.

You know how we know Weeds sucks? That shouldn't even be a "point". A good QB would find a way to succeed in any sort of offense, with any sort of talent.

Unless you have the '99-'00 Browns offense and defense around you, you should be able to make things happen. No excuses. none.

Cut him.

Triple-S

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:19 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Man, I wish people'd stop crying for the D like they were hung out to dry.

Po-tay-to and po-tah-to. Browns O had 3 "drives" in the 3rd Q. All 3 and outs. Gained a total of 6 yards in 9 plays in the entire third quarter. Not absolving the D of anything, but for fucks sake that brings inept to a new level. Give Stafford, Bush, and that offense a short field again and again and again and sooner or later they're gonna score.

Whatchoo talkin bout? They scored on their first chance and their second chance. They didn't need multiple chances. The D dissolved before the first 3 an out.

We know what Weeden is. Everyone does. So if you want to win w a QB like that, you have to do it the way that KC did today with a very ineffective Alex Smith.

I don't give a damn about Weeden (or any other QB you start this year) - they aren't good enough for the present and not part of the future. What I do care about is how bad the D was - that potentially could take 4 or 5 pieces to fix.

Guess I'm just totally sick of the QB topic, esp when it causes bullshit excuses for a pathetic defensive effort.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:No one wants this guy as starting QB.

I recall dustin fox defending the fact that he was on the field on the radio today, and he was like "Well they have to do their best to build their offense to suit him as best as possible" or something of that nature.

You know how we know Weeds sucks? That shouldn't even be a "point". A good QB would find a way to succeed in any sort of offense, with any sort of talent.

Unless you have the '99-'00 Browns offense and defense around you, you should be able to make things happen. No excuses. none.

Cut him.

They're not gonna cut him, so you might as well stop embracing the silly.

They might bench him for Campbell, and when he sucks too, they won't "cut" him either.

Even at the height of my Colt hatred, I knew they weren't gonna cut him.
Hikohadon

Unread postby bac5665 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Remember when, in 2008, we used Dorsey as our 3rd string QB?

No?

Weeden is still better than that was. Cut Weedon and you'll miss him. Mark my words. At least this offense is watchable, as we can still put up a few touchdowns here and there. I'm really amazed that there are people here talking as if Weeden is the worst it can be.

It can be much, much worse.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Whatchoo talkin bout? They scored on their first chance and their second chance. They didn't need multiple chances. The D dissolved before the first 3 an out.

We know what Weeden is. Everyone does. So if you want to win w a QB like that, you have to do it the way that KC did today with a very ineffective Alex Smith.

I don't give a damn about Weeden (or any other QB you start this year) - they aren't good enough for the present and not part of the future. What I do care about is how bad the D was - that potentially could take 4 or 5 pieces to fix.

Guess I'm just totally sick of the QB topic, esp when it causes bullshit excuses for a pathetic defensive effort.

Again, not defending a very vanilla D game plan which could not generate a pass rush without blitzing. Not sure why this is such a surprise, though. ILB, CB, and S have been known weaknesses since August. The Lions pass O was the best they faced so far and Browns D got lit up.

I'm shocked that peeps are shocked.

BTW, are you suggesting that we should have shut down the Lions because the Chefs shut down the Raiders ?
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:07 pm

mattvan1 wrote:Again, not defending a very vanilla D game plan which could not generate a pass rush without blitzing. Not sure why this is such a surprise, though. ILB, CB, and S have been known weaknesses since August. The Lions pass O was the best they faced so far and Browns D got lit up.

BTW, are you suggesting that we should have shut down the Lions because the Chefs shut down the Raiders ?

I'm suggesting that good defensive teams sometimes have to pick up the offensive slack. I concede Detroit is far superior to Oakland, but also that a poor defensive effort cannot be wholly laid at the feet of the offense when teams win despite poor offensive efforts all the time.

I will admit I'm a bit surprised how little pressure they got - or even brought - on Stafford, especially when he was making a bloody living just hitting TE's and RB's for 5 to 10 yards over the middle. Which leads into how disappointed I was that they made zero adjustments accordingly.

So I guess I was a little surprised how bad they were, and wonder if I have overvalued them from the start.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:Again, not defending a very vanilla D game plan which could not generate a pass rush without blitzing. Not sure why this is such a surprise, though. ILB, CB, and S have been known weaknesses since August. The Lions pass O was the best they faced so far and Browns D got lit up.

I'm suggesting that good defensive teams sometimes have to pick up the offensive slack. I concede Detroit is far superior to Oakland, but also that a poor defensive effort cannot be wholly laid at the feet of the offense when teams win despite poor offensive efforts all the time.

I will admit I'm a bit surprised how little pressure they got - or even brought - on Stafford, especially when he was making a bloody living just hitting TE's and RB's for 5 to 10 yards over the middle. Which leads into how disappointed I was that they made zero adjustments accordingly.

So I guess I was a little surprised how bad they were, and wonder if I have overvalued them from the start.

We're all looking for something, anything, to believe. Just so happens the D was the life raft. Or so we thought. Only because 14 years of vacuum like suck has completely distorted all objectivity.
mattvan1

Unread postby Toxicadam » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am

Nah. Weeden hasn't even played one full season yet. He's still a rookie and is going to make awful mistakes. I'll admit, that one was a doozy but you don't cut a guy because of one play.

I guess fans get confused because he's 30, they think he's a 4-5 year vet that has been given a ton of rope.

This isn't a franchise that is one QB away from Super Bowl. It's best case scenario (this year) is to lose on the road in the first round of the playoffs. Very good offenses still light this D up and the Browns run game is still suspect.
Toxicadam

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:48 am

Allow me to chime in with my usual aplomb as the calm unbiased voice of truth & reason.

Hiko is right. Hiko is wrong.

The D got torched indeed. But not because it is jive. It got lit because Detroit found a matchup weakness and exploited it and didn't stop. They were like the Nazi dentist in Marathon Man. They were only stopped on 3rd down when they stopped themselves. It was safe.

The middle of the D isn't the talent strength and its young. The reason you don't see OLBs like Levon Kirkland in 34s anymore was evident Sunday. Stafford is a near pro bowl QB despite Hikos obsession and he could do what bums cannot. Horton can and will adjust that with some time & teaching. But that's why they lost.

There's no fixing Weedon else he'd be fixed by now. Same player as the first few rookie games. Hes not exclusively 100% horrible but he'll lose you games and can't win you many. With no playmakers around him he can't be a manager.

I don't put anything past Joe Banner. Nothing. So I could see him starting 10 more or bring cut Tuesday. I can't see how Flynn would be worse. Heard rumors Campbell is the Holmgren of QBs. IDK his deal but his body of work is better.

The rest a those bums ain't happening.

Gonna be a long nihilist season if Weeds starts. IDK if the coming blow outs vs GB & the strangulation vs KC will put Banner over edge or not but this will be a frustrating 6 win season with Weeds.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:03 am

There has to be a baseline competency level. If the coaches and front office determine Weeden meets that then keep him. If they determine he doesn't then treat him like any other player on the roster who does not and set him loose.

It's that simple and easy.

There is no difficulty in understanding that the team functioned better with a journeyman, competent QB who made decisions quickly and delivered balls relatively accurately over the entire field.

But that ship has sailed. Campbell can't/hasn't beaten out Weeden and wasn't the first option when Weeden got hurt. He blows too.

There is no good option.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 am

jb wrote:The D got torched indeed. But not because it is jive. It got lit because Detroit found a matchup weakness and exploited it and didn't stop. They were like the Nazi dentist in Marathon Man. They were only stopped on 3rd down when they stopped themselves. It was safe.

That means it is jive.

If they can adjust and stop that play, then they won't be jive anymore. I suggest they can't because they don't have the personnel up the middle to accomplish it, which we could argue about whose fault that is, but in the end don't matter since they still jive.

Dumbass. ;)

PS - Matthew Stafford... guffaw.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 am

BTW- You don't cut Weeden today if that's what you're going to do.

Today is his 30th birthday and the guys are taking him to Don Pablos and making him wear a sombrero during lunch.

Of course, they tell the waiter it's his birthday every week they go there.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 am

peeker643 wrote:BTW- You don't cut Weeden today if that's what you're going to do.

Today is his 30th birthday and the guys are taking him to Don Pablos and making him wear a sombrero during lunch.

Didnt Butch cut RJ Bowers on xmas eve?
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:The D got torched indeed. But not because it is jive. It got lit because Detroit found a matchup weakness and exploited it and didn't stop. They were like the Nazi dentist in Marathon Man. They were only stopped on 3rd down when they stopped themselves. It was safe.

That means it is jive.

If they can adjust and stop that play, then they won't be jive anymore. I suggest they can't because they don't have the personnel up the middle to accomplish it, which we could argue about whose fault that is, but in the end don't matter since they still jive.

Dumbass. ;)

Right. One exploited matchup in a half by a player that threw for 5 K last year means the entire D is crap and beyond fix for 10 games.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:36 am

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:BTW- You don't cut Weeden today if that's what you're going to do.

Didnt Butch cut RJ Bowers on xmas eve?

Bowers was Jewish?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:36 am

peeker643 wrote:There is no difficulty in understanding that the team functioned better with a journeyman, competent QB who made decisions quickly and delivered balls relatively accurately over the entire field.

None whatsoever.

The key is finding a better sol;ution than Weeds at the most important player in sports.

No way is this "just another position".
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:44 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

That means it is jive.

Dumbass. ;)

Right. One exploited matchup in a half by a player that threw for 5 K last year means the entire D is crap and beyond fix for 10 games.

Ah, JB. Always succumbing to hyperbole.

Of course it isn't total crap, but there is now a blueprint for good QB's to attack our D, and even though they can scheme to make it better, they lack the personnel to solve it totally IMHO. So, right now, it's a problem. There is always a remote chance they'll "fix" it.

I'm sure they'll look just fine against Pittsburgh and Jacksonville, but when GB drops 40 on our ass, no one should be surprised.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:24 pm

OK, well sure there's now a blueprint.

But Detroit was in good position to do that. Reggie Bush and two outside WR's that demanded attention and the middle is all that more open. And I know you have this thing against Stafford I can't explain, but he's good.

Detroit really was a tough natchup, as will be GB.

Look, there's a "blue print" out there on how to attack every O and D in the NFL. They key is actually doing it. Detroit sure as hell did. hey, people knew what to do to defend the 46 in '85. They couldn't do it.

So IDK what you mean about jive.

Is this a top 5 legit D? Doubtful. That's jive. Is it crap and now all a sudden there's the plans to blow up the Deathstar just revealed?

Ehhhhhhh... not seeing it.

It remains a solid, good, NFL D with strengths and weaknesses.

So with your own hyperbole I can't get the right bead on what ur baggin on or merely quipping about until this:

I'm sure they'll look just fine against Pittsburgh and Jacksonville, but when GB drops 40 on our ass, no one should be surprised.

Concur.
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Flynn to Buffahaw. That's one more you won't be gettyn'.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:36 pm

jb wrote:

Concur.

Green Bay won't get to 40 offensively against Browns Sunday. Not with the bloodbath their receivers suffered yesterday.

Lacy ain't Reggie Bush in style or dimensionally and Haden can lock down Nelson. Anyone our safeties must cover are likely an issue. If Cobb or Jones play then I reserve the right to retract ;-) ;) :wink:

Oh...the Browns will still lose, but I'd expect a closer game than most of you, even with the rudderless suck we'll send out to play QB. Hopefully he doesn't get tetanus playing pin the tail today at his birthday party.

And hey, if Benjamin can return a couple punts for TDs and Rodgers throws two Scahubs anything can happen.

Let me know how it goes. I'll either be watching the 12 yr old's Bothwell Cup final in Canton or not be back in a tree watching leaves fall and trying to figure out how to fashion a noose I can hang myself with out of a drag rope.

ETA- Cobb is out and Jones has PCL sprain and won't know til late in week if he can go.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:40 pm

:smfh

Stafford hasn't looked any better or worse than Flacco prior to last season...

...and so far this season Flacco is Flaccid
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Cut him. Put him in a burlap sack and throw him in the deepest part of Lake Erie. Guy is a fucking joke.

He actually DOES fuck up a ham sandwich.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 pm

jb wrote:OK, well sure there's now a blueprint.

But Detroit was in good position to do that. Reggie Bush and two outside WR's that demanded attention and the middle is all that more open. And I know you have this thing against Stafford I can't explain, but he's good.

Look, there's a "blue print" out there on how to attack every O and D in the NFL. They key is actually doing it. Detroit sure as hell did. hey, people knew what to do to defend the 46 in '85. They couldn't do it.

Is this a top 5 legit D? Doubtful. That's jive. Is it crap and now all a sudden there's the plans to blow up the Deathstar just revealed?

So with your own hyperbole I can't get the right bead on what ur baggin on or merely quipping about until this:

Concur.

I suppose my only point was that I had more hope for the D than one that could be sliced and diced and unable to adjust against a matchup problem.

With the QB situation, they were gonna need to be truly a Top 5 squad to counterbalance. And they're not. They're a D that can be pretty good against bad offenses, then get shredded by good ones. Meh. Unexcited by the whole mess now.

I felt before the season that they were 3 or 4 pieces away from being a really good D, then got suckered in, now back to square one. Just whining about that, since everyone else has the whining about the QB covered.

"What's our record?"

"3-3."

"How'd we ever win 3?"

"It's a miracle!"

"It's a miracle."

Hikohadon

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Concur.

I suppose my only point was that I had more hope for the D than one that could be sliced and diced and unable to adjust against a matchup problem.

With the QB situation, they were gonna need to be truly a Top 5 squad to counterbalance. And they're not. They're a D that can be pretty good against bad offenses, then get shredded by good ones. Meh. Unexcited by the whole mess now.

I felt before the season that they were 3 or 4 pieces away from being a really good D, then got suckered in, now back to square one. Just whining about that, since everyone else has the whining about the QB covered.

"What's our record?"

"3-3."

"How'd we ever win 3?"

"It's a miracle!"

"It's a miracle."

Bastard. You had to put that photo up, didn't you.

Yes, they're lollygaggers. :thumb up:
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Concur.

I think they are 3-4 pieces away. When they have those they'll be less susceptible to those teams that can currently take advantage of matchups. But that doesn't mean they're not better than they were by a long shot. Scheme and depth and some hard chargers on the DL and all of that.

Not sure why people would suddenly think TJ Ward could cover or tackle or that he's figured out how to defend TEs in general. Or who think Robertson and/or D'Qwell are suddenly anything more than viable/mediocre.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:58 am

Find Hayden.

Throw anywhere at the other 70% of the field.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby fairvis » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Someone's out there looking for a replacement.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/evg/4129126670.html
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby Spin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:45 am

If only choosing which receiver to throw to wasn't a part of being a QB...

Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:08 pm

And now ESPN has nothing to do besides report on fake Craigslist posts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98345 ... craigslist
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am

Wooooooooooooooooot.

Free at last.

(At least until JC shreds his ACL on an awkward slide in the 1st Q)
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL