Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

If Brians knee is chewed ................

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

If Brians knee is chewed ................

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:31 am

Then the Browns should sign Freeman.

I'm hoping against hope the prelimianry news about a torn ACL is bogus , but with all the swelling and no immediate presser saying Brians gonna be alright , its probably time to gourd the loins for the inevitable TCE news , we knew was gonna come when it happened.

Meanwhile we have to remain proactive , and keep our three headed Hydra , playing at QB , which would mean with Brian out we have to add another player .

Josh Freeman is 25 , and got railroaded out of Tampa, as his coach, went Butch Davis on the vet totally devaluing his stock , and pitching him unceremoniously to the curb as tainted goods smeared with a non disclosure, disclosure about his
A .D .D. problem and that he's in the NFL drug policy program as a result of taking the wrong medicine while being treated for his problem.

Josh is no bowl of Cherries , however he's a 6'5" QB who the Bucks have have on the hook to pay his salary , which means the Browns could sign him now damn near for free to kick the tires and see if there was anything worth salvaging from a once promising career.

Has more experience than Weeds and damn near as much as Campbell starting in live NFL games , but you get a mixed bag

Heres a hit from Wiki >.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Freeman

A man who started so promising but whose career path has been steadily going down hill .

Was it the A D D , the dirty little secret , immaturity , poor coaching , or all of the above .

For the right price we need to kick the tires and find out , we have nothing to lose and now we have an open roster spot at his position.

SoulDawg
WAR : OUR TIME HAS COME
SoulDawg74

Re: If Brians knee is chewed ................

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:59 am

He'll be on a roster by next Monday or Tuesday. And I'm afraid at 3-2 the chances to get the guy are not good.

A lot of teams will look to see if the make a reclamation project out of a big, young, athletic guy like that, knowing full well Schiano is douchebag and an asshole of the highest order.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:17 am

Yes, please do this.

So what, he's a scratch-off-lotto franchise QB possibility. You have to be in it to win.

It costs us next to nothing, except the pain and frustration of having to continue watching Brandon Weeden, unless they do the 2nd most preferable thing and just start Jason Campbell. Or really, anyone who doesn't tempt Michael Lewis to pen "Sighted Side," with an unusually indecisive Lisa Leslie starring in the movie adaptation. Just no more Weeden. Please. Make it stop.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby pup » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 am

peeker643 wrote:He'll be on a roster by next Monday or Tuesday. And I'm afraid at 3-2 the chances to get the guy are not good.

A lot of teams will look to see if the make a reclamation project out of a big, young, athletic guy like that, knowing full well Schiano is douchebag and an asshole of the highest order.

As a tenured veteran, he does not have to go through waivers. He is a free agent and can sign with the team of his choosing is my understanding.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:47 am

pup wrote:
peeker643 wrote:He'll be on a roster by next Monday or Tuesday. And I'm afraid at 3-2 the chances to get the guy are not good.

As a tenured veteran, he does not have to go through waivers. He is a free agent and can sign with the team of his choosing is my understanding.

Then I'd be looking at it hard. And if he's not completely stupid he'd see Weeden here and he'd see the fact that mere competency in the form of Hoyer is looked at with reverence.

He'd be foolish not to see the opportunity here.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am

Upon reflection, I'm fine with picking up Freeman. I know Weeden WILL start again, but I could do without it.

Not that Freeman's any less dumb than Weeden...
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:Not that Freeman's any less dumb than Weeden...

There are probably people who know this, but I am not one of them.

So from the authority of my armchair, I say, "Sign Josh Freeman at the soonest available opportunity."
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:09 am

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Not that Freeman's any less dumb than Weeden...

There are probably people who know this, but I am not one of them.

So from the authority of my armchair, I say, "Sign Josh Freeman at the soonest available opportunity."

Would it be fair to say that "Freeman's play throughout his career seems to be less cerebral than one would hope for, much like Weeden's, and debating which players' decisions are less intelligent than the others seems like debating which leaf in my back yard is the yellowest."?

In a tie of dunces, pick the one with the better overall talent.
Hikohadon

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:19 am

Our game against TB several years ago (in his 2nd year, I think?) is the only time I've ever watched him play, so :shrug

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:24 am

HoodooMan wrote:Our game against TB several years ago (in his 2nd year, I think?) is the only time I've ever watched him play, so :shrug

He have a vagina-arm?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am

IIRC, he has a tat sleeve made up entirely of inky depictions of human orifices. I would assume there's a vagina in there somewhere.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:28 am

What's awesome is that Freeman and Weeden had the same Wonderlic score (27).

Which outscores Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler by one.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Harvard 48
Alex Smith, Utah 40
Matthew Stafford, Georgia 38
Tony Romo, Eastern Illinois 37
Sam Bradford, Oklahoma 36
Matt Ryan, Boston College 32
Philip Rivers, N.C. State 30
Josh Freeman, Kansas State 27
Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt 26
JaMarcus Russell, LSU 24
Tim Tebow, Florida 22
Mike Vick, Virginia Tech 20
Vince Young, Texas 6 (although he purportedly retook it and scored a 15)

Retired quarterback scores:
Steve Young, 33
John Elway, 29
Brett Favre, 22
Dan Marino, 15
Donovan McNabb, 15
Jim Kelly, 15
Terry Bradshaw, 15

http://outkickthecoverage.com/wonderlic ... rbacks.php

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:34 am

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:

Then I'd be looking at it hard. And if he's not completely stupid he'd see Weeden here and he'd see the fact that mere competency in the form of Hoyer is looked at with reverence.

He'd be foolish not to see the opportunity here.

Agree, thinking the same. If his priority is opportunity, then the Browns have to be high on the list if they make the call.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:01 pm

We're 3-2 and in first place, and with Weeden as QB we'd be better off losing every game left because 7-8 wins is the ceiling for that mouth breather. With Freeman I think there might be hope this year when it seems like the stars are aligning in the division for us to make some noise.

Sign freeman

Trade (cut?) the ginger. Too bad Al Davis isn't around.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby General » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Just do something and don't subject us to Weeden anymore. If Weeden was around in the sixties they would have never needed slow motion. He telegraphs every throw and stands in there like one of those street performers in New Orleans. The guy is a statue. Christ!!!
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:What's awesome is that Freeman and Weeden had the same Wonderlic score (27).

Which outscores Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler by one.

Terry Bradshaw, 15

"Couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the A"
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Birdies telling me it's a severe ACL partial tear and they'll announce today or tomorrow Hoyer is done for the season.

FWIW.

Freeman. Really. Why the hell not?

And 'word is" Weeden's play is a locker room issue. These guys are believing.

Edit - Peeker said he just heard out for year as well.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:26 pm

And boom went the dynamite.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:36 pm

jb wrote:And 'word is" Weeden's play is a locker room issue. These guys are believing.

Just to clarify, you mean "locker room issue" as in "these guys were finally having some fun for once and they're in the dumps now because Weeden is so terrible" kind of locker room issue, right?

Because, you know, when BW was going over to his OL thanking them towards the end of the 4th Q, it sure did look like Joe had a kind of "yeah, yeah, fuck you" look on his face.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:37 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
jb wrote:And 'word is" Weeden's play is a locker room issue. These guys are believing.

Just to clarify, you mean "locker room issue" as in "these guys were finally having some fun for once and they're in the dumps now because Weeden is so terrible" kind of locker room issue, right?

si.

Butcha didnt hear it from me. ;-)
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 pm

jb wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:

si.

Butcha didnt hear it from me. ;-)

Yes, and that's why I think they need to just cut ties with him so he can't Mopey McMoperson his way around the locker room if they bring in Freeman. It's one thing to get injured and then sit behind the guy who won a couple games while the team "makes sure" you're ready to go. It's quite another to be the healthy not long removed 1st round draft pick starting QB and have the team think so little of you that they being in the statistically worst QB of the season to replace you at a moments notice.

Just Chuck Frye him and be done with it.

This team believes. Lts not fuck that up. We got a chance here.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Someone on tOBR had mentioned this a week or two ago, though I never tracked it down to hear/read it myself, and I'm a little surprised a bigger deal wasn't made out of it if it did indeed happen, but this OBRer cited Weeden being asked if he'd learned anything while watching Hoyer from the sidelines, and his answer was something to the effect of "yeah, not to get hurt."

If he really said that, that's the kind of thing that loses teammates, I imagine.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah he said that. I read it in a few locations and I think heard it on the radio.

If he's not the starter he needs to get shipped. And if he is the starter, god helps us.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:10 pm

motherscratcher wrote: Mopey McMoperson

No doubt the name of a cavity filled bicuspid on a kids dental hygiene motivational posted moscra is staring at right now.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:10 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Someone on tOBR had mentioned this a week or two ago, though I never tracked it down to hear/read it myself, and I'm a little surprised a bigger deal wasn't made out of it if it did indeed happen, but this OBRer cited Weeden being asked if he'd learned anything while watching Hoyer from the sidelines, and his answer was something to the effect of "yeah, not to get hurt."

If he really said that, that's the kind of thing that loses teammates, I imagine.

Asked the same question last night post game the answer was very different, positive and PC.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:31 pm

jb wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Someone on tOBR had mentioned this a week or two ago, though I never tracked it down to hear/read it myself, and I'm a little surprised a bigger deal wasn't made out of it if it did indeed happen, but this OBRer cited Weeden being asked if he'd learned anything while watching Hoyer from the sidelines, and his answer was something to the effect of "yeah, not to get hurt."

Asked the same question last night post game the answer was very different, positive and PC.

What I read had him saying one of the things he learned was to get rid of the ball quicker...and the not get hurt quote but, feh to that...

...and its Hoyer's own fault he was injured
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Makes sense. Every lineman looks better when the ball is out faster. Every linemen looks worse when a statue holds it 8 seconds looking at the same effing guy.

RBs are more effective when balls aren't coming in at them at 80mph from 6 yards away and even more effective when the pass opens up the run.

There are two beneficiaries when Weeden plays: Little and Gordon. And they benefit equally as much when he doesn't play.

The defense stays off the field and the TEs are a part of the plan when Weeden is on the bench. Guys like Bess who make their money in the middle of the field may as well shine shoes or seel beer while Weeden is back there. He ain't allowed to look middle of the field and he damn sure ain't allowed to throw it there.

Oh... and the fans win too. Which is why I was hoping for his on-field death last night.

Just kidding.... kinda.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Yes, please do this.

So what, he's a scratch-off-lotto franchise QB possibility. You have to be in it to win.

It costs us next to nothing, except the pain and frustration of having to continue watching Brandon Weeden, unless they do the 2nd most preferable thing and just start Jason Campbell. Or really, anyone who doesn't tempt Michael Lewis to pen "Sighted Side," with an unusually indecisive Lisa Leslie starring in the movie adaptation. Just no more Weeden. Please. Make it stop.

I agree, if the cost is low, and I would imagine he has to have a higher floor than Weeden, but a higher ceiling? Probably doesn't matter much either way as we are drafting a QB in first round anyway.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Our game against TB several years ago (in his 2nd year, I think?) is the only time I've ever watched him play, so :shrug

He have a vagina-arm?

No, he has a Viagra-arm.

Or at least a Yohimbe-arm.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:27 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Because, you know, when BW was going over to his OL thanking them towards the end of the 4th Q, it sure did look like Joe had a kind of "yeah, yeah, fuck you" look on his face.

Noticed that too.

Better get used to it, Joe, it ain't goin' away.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Makes sense. Every lineman looks better when the ball is out faster. Every linemen looks worse when a statue holds it 8 seconds looking at the same effing guy.

RBs are more effective when balls aren't coming in at them at 80mph from 6 yards away and even more effective when the pass opens up the run.

There are two beneficiaries when Weeden plays: Little and Gordon. And they benefit equally as much when he doesn't play.

The defense stays off the field and the TEs are a part of the plan when Weeden is on the bench. Guys like Bess who make their money in the middle of the field may as well shine shoes or seel beer while Weeden is back there. He ain't allowed to look middle of the field and he damn sure ain't allowed to throw it there.

Oh... and the fans win too. Which is why I was hoping for his on-field death last night.

Just kidding.... kinda.

I think Weeds could run a devastating statue of liberty. :bag:
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:42 pm

It's all good, now that the Browns are looking at bringing in TT to play QB.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 pm

jfiling wrote:It's all good, now that the Browns are looking at bringing in TT to play QB.

??

I'm missing the ship on this one.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jfiling wrote:It's all good, now that the Browns are looking at bringing in TT to play QB.

??

Sorry, I thought the tease would be as fun as when I did it to my Bronco fan wife.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-thigpen/
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Of course it's a lockeroom issue. Guys talk. And unless they gotta room full of dead men, they understand they've played two dofferent games this season. Christ, the offensive lineman practically shit themselves last night when Hoyer went down, and the defense understands how much easier their job is with a slow, dim guy back there, than one that can move and make decisions.

And I'm all for Freeman = although I should clarify I'm all for anybody. Watching Weeden is painful. My God, you'd at least think you'd sense the pass rush coming from directly in front of your nose.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Tyler Thigpen is being floated as a possibility . . . . Hiko, please tell me what to think about this. I got nuthin'
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 pm

leadpipe wrote:Of course it's a lockeroom issue. Guys talk. And unless they gotta room full of dead men, they understand they've played two dofferent games this season. Christ, the offensive lineman practically shit themselves last night when Hoyer went down, and the defense understands how much easier their job is with a slow, dim guy back there, than one that can move and make decisions.

And I'm all for Freeman = although I should clarify I'm all for anybody. Watching Weeden is painful. My God, you'd at least think you'd sense the pass rush coming from directly in front of your nose.

I actually get bothered more when he doesn't feel it from the rear, when the DL runs/gets blocked to his side and then out of sight. It's like Weeden thinks they just disappear after that, like they're not going to run back up field toward him.

FUDU

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:32 am

I'm cringing at the idea of seeing Weeden having to go against Detroit's pass rush.

Look..I'll be nice to the guy, he didn't really shit the bed this past game. But good lord, he's not an NFL QB..not even in the least bit.

I'm really interested to see if there's anyone we can toss in there a stop gap, and see if we can ride the defense to the playoffs (which could very well happen).

The first name I'd have like to have seen thrown out there would have been Kyle Orton..alas..he's in Dallas a Romo's backup. But if he was there, I think he'd fit what I'm talking about.

Some names to toss around. Keep in mind, that we're talking about Street Free Agent, so if you're laughing, you'd be in the right.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features ... nts/fa.php

I see:
Dennis Dixon
Josh Freeman
Caleb Hanie
Byron Leftwich
Troy Smith (HOMER PICK)
Tim Tebow (again, can understand why this would be laughable)
Vince Young (laughable..again).

As potential guys to bring in. Tyler Thigpen is being floated out there as a guy as well.

Gotta be honest..Leftwich is would look decent as the sort of guy to put in under center. Not saying he'll lead you to a Super Bowl, but at least he can kind of be a bridge between this season, and the QB we bring in next season.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:08 am

jfiling wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

??

Sorry, I thought the tease would be as fun as when I did it to my Bronco fan wife.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-thigpen/

Ha! I went straight to Tebow when my fog cleared. Tyler Thigpen woulda never entered my mind.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 am

What's sad is Eli slightly out played him.

Meanwhile Peyton Hillis asks why no love, he's just as effective as TRich.

FUDU

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL