Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Edwards blows off first two ota's

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Edwards blows off first two ota's

Unread postby jb » Sun May 27, 2007 8:40 am

Arrived on Wednesday apparrently

No reasons given.

And the beat goes on...
Last edited by jb on Sun May 27, 2007 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Edwards blows off ota's

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:45 am

JB wrote:No reasons given.

And the beat goes on...

"Just talking loud and saying nothing "

repeat
repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Sun May 27, 2007 8:52 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

And the beat goes on...

repeat
repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat .

SoulDawg

even for you, that's cryptic.

huh?
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

And the beat goes on...

repeat

SoulDawg

and just so pup don't think I'm picking on his honey .

Hear the words from Reese who most eloquently captures the jist of the spit we wasted trying to explain why big mouthed all talk no action prima donna assholes should just learn to shut the fuck up.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plainde ... xml&coll=2

Edwards' absence was particularly noteworthy because he had pledged only a week earlier to show maturity this season.

"I want to be what [coach] Romeo Crennel deserves. I want to be what the city expects me to be," Edwards said at the occasion of his announcement to pledge up to $1 million in scholarships to 100 Cleveland public school eighth-graders.

"Players have to realize that the guys out there in front of the cameras pledging to say and do all the right things, well, they need to do all the right things," Reese said.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Sun May 27, 2007 9:00 am

Now I'm Joe Tex. I gotcha.

I think OTA's are boring as fuck and its cats against air. There've been years I've gotten excited bout this n that and projected into actrul FB cause I was strarving for geed news. But now I remember it is just air.

But you read every player interview on the $ite, they all say how important this is w/ a new OC and how they are learning all new plays etc. Meanwhile, a guy who ran the wrong routes last season and who has all the answers in public and talks shit about winning 10 games can't even be bothered to show up. KW2 can't go but he's there learning everything.

That's why pople hate BE.

BTW Jeremy Leseur showed up.

If peeps can't RECOGNIZE, and BTW I think Pup was there in the end so I dunno why you try to set him up as yer new Tree and shit, then you & I can't help 'em.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun May 27, 2007 9:05 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

And the beat goes on...

repeat

SoulDawg

and just so pup don't think I'm picking on his honey .

Hear the words from Reese who most eloquently captures the jist of the spit we wasted trying to explain why big mouthed all talk no action prima donna assholes should just learn to shut the fuck up.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plainde ... xml&coll=2

Edwards' absence was particularly noteworthy because he had pledged only a week earlier to show maturity this season.

"I want to be what [coach] Romeo Crennel deserves. I want to be what the city expects me to be," Edwards said at the occasion of his announcement to pledge up to $1 million in scholarships to 100 Cleveland public school eighth-graders.

"Players have to realize that the guys out there in front of the cameras pledging to say and do all the right things, well, they need to do all the right things," Reese said.

SoulDawg

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/118025463640620.xml&coll=2

"How big a deal was it that receiver Braylon Edwards missed the Browns' first organized team activity practice Tuesday?

... Edwards was the only no-show. The day before, Edwards participated in a ... golf tournament ... in Ann Arbor, Mich. "
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:14 am

JB wrote:Now I'm Joe Tex. I gotcha.

I think OTA's are boring as fuck and its cats against air. There've been years I've gotten excited bout this n that and projected into actrul FB cause I was strarving for geed news. But now I remember it is just air.

But you read every player interview on the $ite, they all say how important this is w/ a new OC and how they are learning all new plays etc. Meanwhile, a guy who ran the wrong routes last season and who has all the answers in public and talks shit about winning 10 games can't even be bothered to show up. KW2 can't go but he's there learning everything.

That's why pople hate BE.

BTW Jeremy Leseur showed up.

If peeps can't RECOGNIZE, and BTW I think Pup was there in the end so I dunno why you try to set him up as yer new Tree and shit, then you & I can't help 'em.

SD:

Just funnin with pup , he might not agree with evrythin , but at least he's honest and passionate about his position and i can respect that.

Where as tree is an obnoxious asshole who won't man up concede a bad position ,learn knew things or advance a perspective different from yours with intelligence craft or aplomb .

I only called out pup because unfortunately Maylons latest actions
offer up the perfect example as to why we don't want to read or hear shit about improved play maturity and interactions with the team we'd rather see it and acknowledge said change for ourselves.

He just proceeded to undo all the offield offseason momentum he
was building and proving once agian how he really just doesn't get it .

The million dollars he invested requires more time spent nursing the babee not less.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Sun May 27, 2007 9:17 am

He just proceeded to undo all the offield offseason momentum he
was building and proving once agian how he really just doesn't get it .

Bullseye.
jb

Unread postby pup » Sun May 27, 2007 10:51 am

I feel the need to respond, just because I was asked to, which sucks, because I am not at all happy that he didn't show up.

First, he called and told them he wasn't going to make it, if Romeo insisted that he show up, maybe he does. I know Roeo cannot INSIST, but he sure can recommend him being there.

JB, you did leave the good part of the quote out, he did help raise $200,000 in that golf tournament.

Are these OTA's good for building relationships? Yes. Do they let you get a sneak peek at the new playbook, maybe how Chud will run practice? Sure. But it's not like they are instilling gameplans for Shitsburgh here.

Will Braylon missing 2 OTAs equate to costing the Browns a game this year? Probably not, so screw it.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 am

Pup wrote:
Will Braylon missing 2 OTAs equate to costing the Browns a game this year? Probably not, so screw it.

SD:

You don't know that ,

Besides that aint the point .

and

"You know tis"

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Sun May 27, 2007 11:23 am

JB, you did leave the good part of the quote out, he did help raise $200,000 in that golf tournament.

How is that "good" for the Browns and is it the only way it happens? If The GReat BE shows up?
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 27, 2007 1:14 pm

Is that 200K going to do anything to improve the Browns win-loss record this year, probably not.

He wants to be a charitable guy, great I get it, then write a freakin check.

Stamps are only 41 cents.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Sun May 27, 2007 10:15 pm

You don't know that

You are right, and you may notice my use of the word probably, that usually gets thrown in sentences where you do not KNOW.

How is that "good" for the Browns and is it the only way it happens? If The GReat BE shows up?

Just looking for something positive. You guys have me pinned in a pretty serious corner, so my best bet is a little slight of hand. (mooning)

The beginning of my post, once again, just in case anyone thinks I am cool with him not showing:
I feel the need to respond, just because I was asked to, which sucks, because I am not at all happy that he didn't show up.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL