Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Josh Gordon Suspended 2 Games?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Josh Gordon Suspended 2 Games?

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:31 am

AttackOffense wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
I'm about done here. Good holy Christ, the DEARTH of talent here the last 15 years is almost without presidence.

You need to delete "almost" from the above statement.

Browns haven't had a single GM capable of being called "good" at the draft.
Heckert was the best among the whole group going back to Lombardi, the Original, and I'd rate Tom average.

What's puzzling is that a team that desperately needs to add depth in some key spots passed on the 4th and 5th rounds in the draft while other teams fed at the trough. Lombardi thinks he'll use those two extra picks wisely next year. I'll be amazed if that happens.

Well, the guy before Lombardi gave up several draft picks to move up a spot for a running back.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:06 pm

leadpipe wrote:
AttackOffense wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
I'm about done here. Good holy Christ, the DEARTH of talent here the last 15 years is almost without presidence.

Heckert was the best among the whole group going back to Lombardi, the Original, and I'd rate Tom average.

What's puzzling is that a team that desperately needs to add depth in some key spots passed on the 4th and 5th rounds in the draft while other teams fed at the trough. Lombardi thinks he'll use those two extra picks wisely next year. I'll be amazed if that happens.

Well, the guy before Lombardi gave up several draft picks to move up a spot for a running back.

Steve F'n Holden.

Ike Curtis was right there! Right there, man!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:31 am

Now that genius Gordon has gone on record, saying he will refuse to wear the now-mandatory thigh pads.

Since the refs will be instructed to keep players off the field who refuse to wear the pads, good luck with that.

Of course, this guy seems so friggin stupid, he'll actually end up missing part of a game because of it.

"They'll never notice," he'll tell himself while sipping his Purple Drank and lighting up a doobie.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby General » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:46 am

justmebd wrote:Now that genius Gordon has gone on record, saying he will refuse to wear the now-mandatory thigh pads.

Since the refs will be instructed to keep players off the field who refuse to wear the pads, good luck with that.

Of course, this guy seems so friggin stupid, he'll actually end up missing part of a game because of it.

"They'll never notice," he'll tell himself while sipping his Purple Drank and lighting up a doobie.

He will be in full camo like his car so they will never see him which renders the suspension moot.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby AttackOffense » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:26 pm

jb wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
AttackOffense wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

Steve F'n Holden.

Ike Curtis was right there! Right there, man!

That's right! A genius move to give up a draft pick to move up a spot to take a running back who is hurt all the time. In all fairness to Richardson, he is a fine back when healthy and a lot of players have a very high opinion of TRich. But TRich is the poster boy now for why you don't take a RB so high. It'll be interesting to see if TRich can overtake Doug Martin and Alfred Morris this season to become, over time, best running back from his 2012 draft class.
AttackOffense

Favorite Player: TRich
Least Favorite Player: SLavauo

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL